No major problem but some minor issues. Medicals for immigration??

Guest Jaffery

Guest Jaffery

Hi guys,

My wife has slightly higher level of SGPT (ALT) and SGOT(AST) (both of these are liver tests) but she doesn't have any of TB, HIV, Hep B and Hep C. All of these are negative.

I am worried about whether SGPT/SGOT are gonna pose any threat to our application OR these are not that significant to affect it, provided that there are no major problems?

Anybody who knows about these tests or have any idea about them?? Thanks

Kind Regards

Don't know if much help, but my hubbie had had three months of altered liver function tests prior to medical, and had spent a week in the liver unit, as they thought hepatitis, but thankfully he got the all clear.

Despite my tutoring him only to answer the questions asked, :tongue:he did blurt it all out, but Doc said they are only concerned with serious illnesses and he was passed and mine was referred!

Hope it's okay

Gill x

Hi guys,

My wife has slightly higher level of SGPT (ALT) and SGOT(AST) (both of these are liver tests) but she doesn't have any of TB, HIV, Hep B and Hep C. All of these are negative.

I am worried about whether SGPT/SGOT are gonna pose any threat to our application OR these are not that significant to affect it, provided that there are no major problems?

Anybody who knows about these tests or have any idea about them?? Thanks

Kind Regards

I do not know which visa you applied for

I have Liver condition and applied for 457. I am taking medication daily to avoid flaring up AST & ALT level. I have mentioned my liver condition in application and management through medication. Following happened

I have asked to go through full medical including HEp B, HEP C and HIV ( Even though no medical required for UK nationals under my occupation)

Then CMO has asked detail report from my treating consultant that include diagnosis, prognosis and managment. sent the letter and got visa week after that.

CMO was looking three main criterea

Risk to general public ( HEP B, HEP A, HIV)

Cost to Austrlain Helth system in next five years

And any risk to local resource i.e. transplant

Guest Jaffery
I do not know which visa you applied for

I have Liver condition and applied for 457. I am taking medication daily to avoid flaring up AST & ALT level. I have mentioned my liver condition in application and management through medication. Following happened

I have asked to go through full medical including HEp B, HEP C and HIV ( Even though no medical required for UK nationals under my occupation)

Then CMO has asked detail report from my treating consultant that include diagnosis, prognosis and managment. sent the letter and got visa week after that.

CMO was looking three main criterea

Risk to general public ( HEP B, HEP A, HIV)

Cost to Austrlain Helth system in next five years

And any risk to local resource i.e. transplant

Thanks dooodi. Its GSM 175. Her TB/HIV/Hep B & C are all negative and AST & ALT are slightly above normal. Every thing else is fine & she hasn't been taking any type of medicine for that. My tests are also fine.

Archived