Cost of return flight Syd to LHR flight mid August

fantasia

Guest siamsusie

Why not google Malaysia/ Asiana Aia/ Thai see how their fares compare.

Air Asia ex Melbourne might give some competitive fares also

Susie x

jetabroad.com.au

webjet.com.au

and as mentioned travel.com.au

i just booked some flights with singapore airlines for 2266 in early september. It might marginally more than that in August because its UK Sumertime

Also, I'm not sure whether the volcano thats just popped its load will have an impact on prices in the short term? You know what airlines are like.

Have a look at Skyscanner.net - it's the only air ticket site I've found that allows you to try a search for "any London airport" or "any UK airport" and/or "any day of the month" and will draw a graph so you can see which dates are more expensive to travel. From the look of it, around mid August looks to be about the cheapest today http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/lond/syd/august-2011/august-2011/cheapest-flights-per-day-from-london-to-sydney-kingsford-smith-in-august-2011.html

Guest Ph0en1x
Have a look at Skyscanner.net - it's the only air ticket site I've found that allows you to try a search for "any London airport" or "any UK airport" and/or "any day of the month" and will draw a graph so you can see which dates are more expensive to travel. From the look of it, around mid August looks to be about the cheapest today http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/lond/syd/august-2011/august-2011/cheapest-flights-per-day-from-london-to-sydney-kingsford-smith-in-august-2011.html

I just tried skyscanner, the prices that came up were -taxes and when redirected to the selected airline website the prices bore no relation to what skscanner returned

THe earlybird deals come out about the October before so that ship has sailed so to speak. HOwever, when I spoke to a travel agent this week she said it all depends on how full flights are as to how many sales airlines put on and obviously you can't account for that ( or volcanoes xploding!) I would say anywhere around the $2500 would be a good deal. Etihad often has one of the cheapest prices and in my experience are pretty good.

Guest Ph0en1x
Does it make any difference booking in advance or waiting until almost the last minute to get cheap deals my friend is asking.

What month is your friend looking to travel?

Guest Ph0en1x

I take that back Phil, it was quoting in Pounds, just need to convert to $ and its fine, thanks again

What month is your friend looking to travel?

She is planning to leave mid August and return mid September. I don't think that is the cheapest time to travel. She would be better waiting until October, but she's got really itchy feet and would go tomorrow given the opportunity!!!

Guest Ph0en1x
She is planning to leave mid August and return mid September. I don't think that is the cheapest time to travel. She would be better waiting until October, but she's got really itchy feet and would go tomorrow given the opportunity!!!

The cheapest i can find on travel.com.au for the dates 16th Aug returning 16th Sept are

Air China - $1850

has anyone flown air china?

my wife flew china eastern once and has vowed never to do it again. She said she got a little worried when the stewards went into the brace position without being told to by anoyone!

Guest Ph0en1x
has anyone flown air china?

my wife flew china eastern once and has vowed never to do it again. She said she got a little worried when the stewards went into the brace position without being told to by anoyone!

Nothing wrong being prepared :biggrin: i have had terrible flights including BA and Virgin but at the end of the day its 24 hours and a means to an end. People also complain about airline food, folk who crave gourmet food should go by cruise ship :wink:

Guest mlss

Thanks everyone for your advice, especially my wonderful work colleague! I am the one travelling in peak time and would delay it if I could but as it's all about love I don't think either of us could handle the separation that bit longer.

Guest Dave53
Thanks everyone for your advice, especially my wonderful work colleague! I am the one travelling in peak time and would delay it if I could but as it's all about love I don't think either of us could handle the separation that bit longer.

You don't say where you are flying from ... that can make a big difference to the airfare .. I have found bestflights.com to be very good . I have flown back and forth between the UK and Aus for over 20 years and regularly book with them . At the moment , the cheapest fare by far is with AirAsia . Bestflights are quoting Perth-London- Perth from $958 return inc taxes and Melbourne -London - Melbourne from $1158 inc taxes . That is really cheap . Be advised though that AirAsia is a no frills low cost carrier operating via Kuala Lumpur .You will have to connect in KL and they operate to London Stansted and not Heathrow . As a comparison I am flying Korean Air from Sydney to London return in October via Seoul for $1465 inc tax and with a stopover included in Seoul ...

Dave C

Guest Ph0en1x
You don't say where you are flying from ... that can make a big difference to the airfare .. I have found bestflights.com to be very good . I have flown back and forth between the UK and Aus for over 20 years and regularly book with them . At the moment , the cheapest fare by far is with AirAsia . Bestflights are quoting Perth-London- Perth from $958 return inc taxes and Melbourne -London - Melbourne from $1158 inc taxes . That is really cheap . Be advised though that AirAsia is a no frills low cost carrier operating via Kuala Lumpur .You will have to connect in KL and they operate to London Stansted and not Heathrow . As a comparison I am flying Korean Air from Sydney to London return in October via Seoul for $1465 inc tax and with a stopover included in Seoul ...

Dave C

The cheapest i found for October was with Air China 1031 inc taxes

http://www.skyscanner.net

Archived