ACT, Canberra State Sponsorship - WHERE ARE YOU NOW

Big Bob

Guest sophie hautefeuille

Glad for anybody who had their state sponsorship approved... but i find it unfair that you could jump the queue if your IELTS results were not going to make it after the 1st of July.

Does that mean that those who applied at the same time but scored higher at the IELTS will wait longer, and possibly get refused?????

Seems pretty unfair to me...

As you can guess my husband has enough points to comply with the new regulations but is still waiting for an approval...

Would love to know your thoughts.

sophie.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KarenHen

ACT are saying they are only processing applications received on 7th of March but friends of ours applied in April and got their state sponsorship within two weeks - normal priority so how does that work?

That's why we thought we might be able to make the 1st July deadline but it's not looking likely now and if we don't make the 1st July deadline my husband will have to re-write IELTS to get the 20 pts for superior English and get us to the 65 pass mark. Why do they keep changing the rules?

Does seem unfair.

Karen

Hi again,

I was so sad to give up my Australian dream based on previous reply from migration team.Then I have made and sent a table showing my current situation and situation after 1st of July to migration team. These extremely kind ladies accepted my request and put me in "urgent queue" still telling that it is not sure whether I get it before first of july or not. Surprisingly, yesterday I received state sponsorship. I am delighted by that email. Back to my dreams.....

Wish you all the best!!!!

hmmuditha

I am glad that u were lucky enough to get it processed so fast, but to all the other guys, is'nt it a bit unfair that they can prioritize individuals while others are waiting in the queue and possibly get rejected due to capping.

Its really hard for me to believe that those "nice" ladies will do anything like this.

I am glad that u were lucky enough to get it processed so fast, but to all the other guys, is'nt it a bit unfair that they can prioritize individuals while others are waiting in the queue and possibly get rejected due to capping.

Its really hard for me to believe that those "nice" ladies will do anything like this.

i agree with you... i can't believe they would give priority to some people regardless of the date of application when we all know the timing is so crucial here...

Anybody know who we could enquire about this?

Definitely feel this 1st of July deadline might cost us our place.

Hi again,

I was so sad to give up my Australian dream based on previous reply from migration team.Then I have made and sent a table showing my current situation and situation after 1st of July to migration team. These extremely kind ladies accepted my request and put me in "urgent queue" still telling that it is not sure whether I get it before first of july or not. Surprisingly, yesterday I received state sponsorship. I am delighted by that email. Back to my dreams.....

hmmuditha

Hello,

Can you tell me who you sent you this email and who you sent one back to? I will try send one and see if it works!

In advance, thanking you.

sophie.

Hi again,

hmmuditha

Hey I am a bit confused...Should I turn you purple???

regards

Bob

Hey

I am also waiting for your answer:skeptical:...why you so silent like a sheep :wink:

regards

Big Bob

Definitely, thanks Bob. We'll get there.

Positive ACS 21/5/11 (Systems Administrator) | Applied ACT sponsorship May 27, 2011

Apologies KarenHen.:biggrin:...I just missed it...You are back on Page 1 pal...Updated your details...

regards

Big Bob

HI Breezer

Apologies for delay...will turn you to Page 1 right away :biggrin:

regards

Big Bob

Hi Bob. I am delighted to confirm that ACT has granted us SS as of last Thursday. DIAC forms have been sent to our agent who should be submitting them in the next week. Police checks have been requested and should be with us in next 9-10 days.

As you can guess we are totally delighted. Please update our status on page 1.

Regards

Breezer:biggrin:

Hi Orion25

We considered ditching ur agent and going alone. However we are too close to the 1st July changes that we are sticking with him. We are going to be more precise in what he has to do.

Just to let you know we were granted SS by ACT this Thursday. Totally delighted.

Cheers

Breezer:smile:

Hi Bob

How do I add my details such as IELTS results and my profession :confused:as you have done on your messages? New to the pomsinoz site and still finding my way around it.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Breezer

Hi Bob. I am delighted to confirm that ACT has granted us SS as of last Thursday. DIAC forms have been sent to our agent who should be submitting them in the next week. Police checks have been requested and should be with us in next 9-10 days.

As you can guess we are totally delighted. Please update our status on page 1.

Regards

Breezer:biggrin:

Hi Breezer

Congrats ...purplish back on page 1...

wonderful-shining-green-stars.gif

regards Bob

Hi Bob

How do I add my details such as IELTS results and my profession :confused:as you have done on your messages? New to the pomsinoz site and still finding my way around it.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Breezer

Click on User CP aon you left top and then click on edit signature....type your details and click save : )

regards

Bob

@foha

Have you asked for priority processing from the ACT Migration Team based on the impact of July 1 on your application?

I emailed them yesterday about such a possibility and they said that, now they wont prioritize because of "time constraint and demand", which means that they did prioritize applications based on the impact of the new points system to be introduced from July 1.

My bad :(

Guest Aussie2B
@foha

Have you asked for priority processing from the ACT Migration Team based on the impact of July 1 on your application?

I emailed them yesterday about such a possibility and they said that, now they wont prioritize because of "time constraint and demand", which means that they did prioritize applications based on the impact of the new points system to be introduced from July 1.

My bad :(

So could this be the reason why I still haven't received a response from the ACT regarding my application? My application was lodged around mid March and so I expected to have heard something by now.. If they were prioritizing certain applications then that means processing of the 'normal queue' would have been delayed. Has anyone else heard anything yet that applied from mid March onwards?

Foha, have you received a response by now?

So could this be the reason why I still haven't received a response from the ACT regarding my application? My application was lodged around mid March and so I expected to have heard something by now.. If they were prioritizing certain applications then that means processing of the 'normal queue' would have been delayed. Has anyone else heard anything yet that applied from mid March onwards?

Foha, have you received a response by now?

I am sure they are not prioritizing applications except one with job offers :nah: Its just a mere speculation that they considering special cases... I think they are accepting as per date received / acknowledged...Reason behind delay is possibly more people have applied for state sponsorship during March- April.

regards

Big Bob

Hi Big Bob,

Would you mind updating our status to show form 1100 submitted 28th June plus 176 visa submitted 28th June 2011.:wink:

Cheers

Breezer

Yeah sure why not :biggrin:? So you will be the first one to wear Orange Cap..Will turn you Orange right away pal..

Orange_gerbera_daisy_Flower.jpg

thanks

Bob

Guest Rachel 80

Hi all, I have just come across this thread which is highly informative, thank you to everyone for sharing your information. We too have applied for act state sponsorship. Application submitted 11th may, profession project administrator and hoping to get reply back by the end of this month for our 176 visa.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you all and keep you updated if I hear anything.

Thanks

Rachel

Hi all, I have just come across this thread which is highly informative, thank you to everyone for sharing your information. We too have applied for act state sponsorship. Application submitted 11th may, profession project administrator and hoping to get reply back by the end of this month for our 176 visa.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you all and keep you updated if I hear anything.

Thanks

Rachel

Hi Rachel

Welcome aboard :wubclub: to ACT thread.. will update your details on page 1 right away :smile:...

regards

Big Bob

Guest foha2012
Hi Rachel

Welcome aboard :wubclub: to ACT thread.. will update your details on page 1 right away :smile:...

regards

Big Bob

Hey Bob!

Its been a while since I posted on any forum.

On the 22nd of June, I got a reply from ACT stating that since my experience is tech support and that I wasn't a citizen, I would not find a job in ACT. Hence, got rejected.

So, basically its over for me. More than 150,000 Rs and almost 2 years totally wasted!

I wish you and the others good luck, I had a wonderful time with you guys, here and on "the other forum", I am now looking at other opportunities. So its good bye from me for now.

Cheers.

TAA [More]

Hi Foha,

So sad to read your post :frown:, There are jobs posted with no citizenship requirements. Did you send them printed copies of vacant position for your profession?

Good luck in your way Foha :hug:

Hey Bob!

On the 22nd of June, I got a reply from ACT stating that since my experience is tech support and that I wasn't a citizen, I would not find a job in ACT. Hence, got rejected.

So, basically its over for me. More than 150,000 Rs and almost 2 years totally wasted!

I wish you and the others good luck, I had a wonderful time with you guys, here and on "the other forum", I am now looking at other opportunities. So its good bye from me for now.

Cheers.

TAA [More]

hi Bruv..

Its really sad and annoying...why the hell you put our skills in lists if you need citizens..DAMN!..thats crazy and illogical...i dont know whats in my fate...these ppl scare me now pal...i m leaving hopes for ACT...really going nuts...take care buddy :hug:

regards

Bob

Hey Bob!

Cheers.

TAA [More]

Sorry to hear this :hug: but wish you all the best for the future.

Archived