ACT, Canberra State Sponsorship - WHERE ARE YOU NOW

Big Bob

HI Guys,

Need inputs.:idea:

My migration agent called up and said I have been asked a new skilled assessment ( which is luckily on the way from ACS), updated Bank statements and I have been asked to search 6 jobs in my skilled nominated occupation...I am not sure about 1 thing... do I have to send my research and all that stuff again for canberra or just send her specifically what my case officer has asked ? She has specifically asked me to provide not more than 6 jobs in my occupation and thats it ! :confused:

Secondly I got Cisco Certified last month.:biggrin:.. Should I update her the same too with my job searches and other stuff???

:wubclub:regards

Bob

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

just wondering if any of you could clarify the following:

our family is applying for ss to ACT through my wifes occupation. However she has been on maternity leave since March this year and are unsure of the criteria as described by the DIAC that she has to be in work "for at least 12 of the 24 months immediately before lodging your visa application".

My question is that does this have to be in one complete 12 month continuous block, i.e do we have to ensure that our lodgement is before March next year or as long as she returns to work within a year she will pass the above criteria?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated

Simon.

Hi all,

our family is applying for ss to ACT through my wifes occupation. However she has been on maternity leave since March this year and are unsure of the criteria as described by the DIAC that she has to be in work "for at least 12 of the 24 months immediately before lodging your visa application".

My question is that does this have to be in one complete 12 month continuous block, i.e do we have to ensure that our lodgement is before March next year or as long as she returns to work within a year she will pass the above criteria?

Simon.

Hi Simon

Welcome to ACT thread :wubclub:. 12/24 months means " She need to have 12 months of full time paid work experience in last 2 years" Continuous work is not necessary but out of 24 months she should have worked full time 12 months in total.

regards

Bob

Guest Orion25
HI Guys,

My migration agent called up and said I have been asked a new skilled assessment ( which is luckily on the way from ACS), updated Bank statements and I have been asked to search 6 jobs in my skilled nominated occupation...I am not sure about 1 thing... do I have to send my research and all that stuff again for canberra or just send her specifically what my case officer has asked ? She has specifically asked me to provide not more than 6 jobs in my occupation and thats it ! :confused:

Secondly I got Cisco Certified last month.:biggrin:.. Should I update her the same too with my job searches and other stuff???

Bob

HI Bob,

Just send what she asks for, do screen shots of the 6 jobs advertised in ACT in your profession , your ACS and you can also send your Cisco certificate it just helps to show them that you are working on qualifying further and trying to better yourself still.

If you require any further advice PM me and I will see what else I can help you with, at least now you know they are looking at your app. :biggrin:

Good luck

T

HI Guys,

Bob

Hi Big Bob

I agree with Orion25, just send what your agent asks for. Well done on gaining Cisco qualifications.:jiggy: Again this shows you are keen to develop and learn new skills.

Cheers

Breezer

Hi all,

Simon.

Hi Simon9274

Technically your wife is still in employment even though she is currently on Mat leave. Unless she resigned or was sacked/dismissed. I think the phrase 'in work' is a play on words that doesn't actually mean she is physically in work, more that she is 'in employment'. Have you checked with your agent? If you don't have an agent try contacting the DIAC directly for their feedback.

I agree with Bob that it is 12 months withn 24 month period. Our agent informed me that I needed to remain in my role at the time of submitting our SS application or at least a similar type of role with a different employer. Its the employment type that counts.

Hope this helps a little.:confused:

Cheers

Breezer

HI Guys,

Bob

Hi Big Bob

Firstly thanks for turning me purple hopefully you will be there soon too you certainly deserve it for sorting out this page! I also agree with others give as much as you can and defo give your cisco they can see than you are working hard to better yourself. I dont think you need to do whole lot again just give what is asked and hoefully that will be enough. Now that you have a CO it shouldnt take long.

HI Bob,

Just send what she asks for, do screen shots of the 6 jobs advertised in ACT in your profession , your ACS and you can also send your Cisco certificate it just helps to show them that you are working on qualifying further and trying to better yourself still.

If you require any further advice PM me and I will see what else I can help you with, at least now you know they are looking at your app. :biggrin:

Good luck

T

Hi Big Bob

I agree with Orion25, just send what your agent asks for. Well done on gaining Cisco qualifications.:jiggy: Again this shows you are keen to develop and learn new skills.

Cheers

Breezer

Hi Big Bob

Firstly thanks for turning me purple hopefully you will be there soon too you certainly deserve it for sorting out this page! I also agree with others give as much as you can and defo give your cisco they can see than you are working hard to better yourself. I dont think you need to do whole lot again just give what is asked and hoefully that will be enough. Now that you have a CO it shouldnt take long.

Orion25, Breezer and Canberra2011

Thanks for your help people, especially you T:wubclub:.Luckily I just got my assessment today and gave all my details to my agent along with my bank statements and job researches. I enclosed all that in a small letter to my case officer(which my agent approved).The time starts now:vampire:

regards

Big Bob

Guest WinTheAshes
Hi all,

Simon.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought that with the new points system in place post July 2011 they are looking at "Evidence of Australian or overseas skilled employment experience in the 10 years immediately before applying or the main applicant has met the Australian Study Requirement in the last six months". There is no mention that the main applicant has had to be working for 12 out of the last 24 months before application.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/eligibility-work-experience-study.htm

Thanks.

Hi All

Here is a 6 month snapshot for this thread.:em0800:

Total Applied for ACT state sponsorship : 18:biggrin:

Months Covered: February 2011-July 2011

Granted : 10

Grant Percent : 76.92%:yes:

Awaiting Decision : 5:unsure:

Visa Filed : 3:jiggy:

Refused : 3

Refusal Percent : 23.07%:no:

regards

Big Bob

Hey Big Bob

Can you turn me ORANGE please we did oure visa online tonight :-)

Have you had more news?

Hi Canberra

Will Turn you Orange right away t201751676_59401_7.gif...all the best with your 176 application :wubclub::biggrin:....No I just sent my documents today to my migration agent....Lets see whats in for me .:unsure:.

regards

Bob

Guest Rachel 80

Hi everyone,

We have for our 176 visa, application received 1/8/2011 same day as you canberra2011! Can you please turn us orange. Good luck Bob hope yours comes through soon, will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Rachel

Hi everyone,

We have for our 176 visa, application received 1/8/2011 same day as you canberra2011! Can you please turn us orange. Good luck Bob hope yours comes through soon, will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Rachel

Hi Rachel

You are next on the list..Let me turn you dancing orange right away .gifs-orange.gif I am happy to see so many people turn orange. Thanks for your wishes and prayers. I appreciate that.

regards

Big Bob

I was wondering if the state will forward my Form 1100 or will i have to fill it up myself and send to DIAC?

I have already sent my paper based application to DIAC on 27th of July and waiting for their reply.

Guest Orion25
I was wondering if the state will forward my Form 1100 or will i have to fill it up myself and send to DIAC?

I have already sent my paper based application to DIAC on 27th of July and waiting for their reply.

As long as you have notified ACT of your lodgement with DIAC and given them your TRN number they will send the form 1100 direct to your CO

As long as you have notified ACT of your lodgement with DIAC and given them your TRN number they will send the form 1100 direct to your CO

I must say the ACT were superb I emailed them our TRN and they replied within 24 hours to say they had sent the 1100. It sataes how to do all this in your SS letter.

All the best for your 176...just turned you Orange...:spinny:

regards

Bob

I must say the ACT were superb I emailed them our TRN and they replied within 24 hours to say they had sent the 1100. It sataes how to do all this in your SS letter.

Canberra2011

Thats incredible... To be frank I am in other forums too and as far as I know ACT state people are really cooperative in getting your things right..Word of mouth you know..right from documentation stuff to visa part... They are class apart......I am still waiting for state sponsorship ...This wait is killing :arghh:...

One more observation...My MARA agent says that ACT visa applications are processed in priority as compared to other states... Its just an observation she said...Lets see now How many Oranges turn into Blue...FYI I have added another colour (BLUE) to this forum to track visa grants as majority of people are either orange or purple... ...:cute:

cheers

Big Bob

Guest stiffmizer
Canberra2011

Thats incredible... To be frank I am in other forums too and as far as I know ACT state people are really cooperative in getting your things right..Word of mouth you know..right from documentation stuff to visa part... They are class apart......I am still waiting for state sponsorship ...This wait is killing :arghh:...

One more observation...My MARA agent says that ACT visa applications are processed in priority as compared to other states... Its just an observation she said...Lets see now How many Oranges turn into Blue...FYI I have added another colour (BLUE) to this forum to track...please check page 1 for details.... Visa grants as majority of people are either orange or purple...:cute:

cheers

Big Bob

Hi Bob

Even I have heard its just matter of weeks and ACT sponsorship people are really nice... Well I am not sure whehter how much I have to wait but I have aplready applied to SA :jiggy: just for backup! I wanted to clarify one thing....If I have two state sponsorships both from SA and ACT:elvis:... do I have 2 choices or is that a problem...Please help...

thanks Smz

Guest Orion25
Canberra2011

One more observation...My MARA agent says that ACT visa applications are processed in priority as compared to other states... Its just an observation she said...Lets see now How many Oranges turn into Blue...FYI I have added another colour (BLUE) to this forum to track...please check page 1 for details.... Visa grants as majority of people are either orange or purple...:cute:

cheers

Big Bob

Not sure about the priority processing on visa, a friend of mine and our medicals all went in the same package and were signed for by the same person on the same day 18 July and finalised on the same day 30 July, they got their visa on Tuesday and we are still waiting they are WA SS and we are ACT SS, I think it depends more on what team you get, she got Team 7 and we got team 6, from what I have read on PIO and on other places Team 7 is very quick.

Just my 2c.

I just wish the visa would come now, this wait is the worst. :goofy:

T

Not sure about the priority processing on visa, a friend of mine and our medicals all went in the same package and were signed for by the same person on the same day 18 July and finalised on the same day 30 July, they got their visa on Tuesday and we are still waiting they are WA SS and we are ACT SS, I think it depends more on what team you get, she got Team 7 and we got team 6, from what I have read on PIO and on other places Team 7 is very quick.

Just my 2c.

I just wish the visa would come now, this wait is the worst. :goofy:

T

T

Hmmm....I think you are very much right...makes sense... I am sure it depends on which which you fall into...Adding to that also depends on your documentation completion and how can you forget..few pounds of luck :wink::cute:

cheers

Bob

ACT ppl are the best in terms of responding emails and sending form 1100 to DIAC.

they even send you parcel pack at your home address containing helpful material which will assists you to plan your trip.

they also promised to be ready receive you when their sponsored land in canberra.

i am also their nominee. and waiting for DIAC to allocate me CO since June 14, 2011.

regards

SJS

Archived