Vetassess skills assessment time lines

Waitingawhile

hi I wondered if there was any difference between length of time the different types of skills assessments were taking at VETASSESS. Would it be useful to start a list with people if they are willing posting what skill group they were assessed under and for what occupation and how long it took?

Hi,

We submitted our online applications and completed payments on 02/04/11, then all paper based evidence was later sent on 22/4/11. We have applied for a positive skills assessment under Construction Project Manager and Special Needs Teacher (nec).

Im guessing we still have a long wait ahead of us!

I'm wondering how jimi passed the Vetassess so quickly?!

I submitted my online app and they received my papers on 9 February and I was told on Monday that my case hasn't even hit an officer's desk yet. I'm being assessed as an Urban and Regional Planner - is there that much difference between professional and trades assessments?

I'm wondering how jimi passed the Vetassess so quickly?!

I submitted my online app and they received my papers on 9 February and I was told on Monday that my case hasn't even hit an officer's desk yet. I'm being assessed as an Urban and Regional Planner - is there that much difference between professional and trades assessments?

Hi

Im a joiner and have to sit a practical test, I believe non tradies cannot do a practical test as such, as in my case someone trying to pretend to be a joiner/machinist will lose a finger in the test, hopefully this sat I will leave with all my digits in tact!!!:wink:

I digress, where was I, so basically you will have your papers checked over more than mine and thus will take longer to process, to check your quals and being legit, 12 weeks or so I saw in another post, sounds rubbish, you can submit a SR106 with them (urgency request form) it might help you jump the Q if you tell them about the impending deadline, of which im sure their acutely aware of, have a look at this

http://www.vetassess.com.au/download/offshore/SRI06Urgency.pdf

Hope this helps,

Good luck

Thanks Jimi!

I lodged an urgency request on Monday and got confirmation that a case officer was looking at it now - they expect 1 to 2 weeks for a result. Might just make it by the skin of my teeth at this rate. I need to submit my app in mid-June before leaving the UK on secondment.

Good luck with your practical and the rest!

Thanks Jimi!

I lodged an urgency request on Monday and got confirmation that a case officer was looking at it now - they expect 1 to 2 weeks for a result. Might just make it by the skin of my teeth at this rate. I need to submit my app in mid-June before leaving the UK on secondment.

Good luck with your practical and the rest!

Congrats 0n getting someone to look at your application-I hope you don't mind my asking but on what grounds did you ask for the emergency request?

Congrats 0n getting someone to look at your application-I hope you don't mind my asking but on what grounds did you ask for the emergency request?

I am being seconded to the Middle East for a project in mid-June and need to submit my 176 application before I go (and before the point system changes). They seemed understanding to that situation, but I also pointed out that they had been misleading in the expected processing times provided to me through previous direct communication with them. Their first emails said to expect 8-10 weeks and a subsequent email up to 12 weeks for 'complicated cases'.

Can someone tell me if you can apply for state sponsorship before you have received the anzco coding assessment?

I am being seconded to the Middle East for a project in mid-June and need to submit my 176 application before I go (and before the point system changes). They seemed understanding to that situation, but I also pointed out that they had been misleading in the expected processing times provided to me through previous direct communication with them. Their first emails said to expect 8-10 weeks and a subsequent email up to 12 weeks for 'complicated cases'.

Thanks Claramanda - good luck with it all :)

Can someone tell me if you can apply for state sponsorship before you have received the anzco coding assessment?

Victoria lets you start the process and will hold your application open for up to 3 months while you get your assessment.

Still deciding on a state. OH is ready tp put his paperwork into Engineers Australia but I am lead to beleive they move very slowly.

Archived