Hosepipe ban, what a joke, do you have the same in oz

Guest Mallam

Guest The Ropey HOFF
My brother has a swimming pool in the UK, with a retracting roof, and an outdoor jacuzzi, both get used a lot, especially with the weather we have had lately. You'd be surprised by how many people in the UK now have pools! Take a look on google earth, there's plenty around!

:laugh::biglaugh::twitcy::no::wink:

Your having a larf.

No pools where we live and if the one in a thousand houses does have one, they are indoors and unless google earth has the ability to see through roofs, then you won't see them, i hazard a guess at 1 in 1,000 houses is nearer to 1 in 10. Australian houses have alot of pools, would you say 1 house in 10, or more?................ because they have nice weather.

Crikey i have read some stuff on here but this takes the biscuit.:wacko:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest 47403
It is of course your right to disagree, it doesn't alter the facts though. As 2tigers says have a look on Google Earth, you will be surprised.

You seemed happy to accept that there are NO swimming pools in the UK which of course is as you say absolute rubbish.

Where in any comment I've made have I said there are NO swimming pools in the UK if you look at an affluent area on google you will see pools but generally there are an exception .

As I said your post is incorrect lots of houses don't have pools in the UK.

Guest chris955

As I said it is your right to disagree.

Guest peacock
Where in any comment I've made have I said there are NO swimming pools in the UK if you look at an affluent area on google you will see pools but generally there are an exception .

last pool I saw in the UK was full of old car tyres, does that count ?

Guest guest30038

Last pool I saw in the UK was Blackpool and it was full of chavs.

Guest peacock
Last pool I saw in the UK was Blackpool and it was full of chavs.

chav, interesting name how did it originate and is it unique to the UK ?

Guest guest30038
chav, interesting name how did it originate and is it unique to the UK ?

From the "tinker" word for "boy" (I think)

Council Housed And Violent seems more appropriate

And don't forget Liverpool

And hartleypool , wilderspool and I bet there are loads more pools in the uk as some rightly believe ! I know one bloke in the uk has a pool , and have worked on 2 houses with pools in 25 years ! Both loaded with huge mansions and one was underground in the basement .in four months I've been here I've worked on 10 houses with pools , but I had a pool for my daughters years ago .inflatable , about 3 feet wide and I reckon it might show up on google earth . On a really clear day !

Agree, even though we have seen no rain for about 6 weeks in Kent it makes you wonder what will happen if this hot weather we are having lasts another month or so :eek: no cups ot tea :biglaugh: a bit of snow and the Country comes to a standstill where places like stockholm who get twice the snow have no problems.

When I was in the UK last year with all of the snow and airports closed they were interviewing someone from Canada (I think) about how they keep their airports open and streets moving, it seems it takes a lot of money and equipment to do so.... Anyway when it come to advice on the UK the bloke said for the amount of snow the UK gets it wouldn't be worth investing that type of money. In all honesty is it worth spending millions/billions on equipment for 1 or 2 weeks a year?

I think the UK plays catch up all the time with the weather, it seems to have 1 or 2 weeks of freezing weather and 1 or 2 weeks of high heat and for the rest of the time it has average conditions. It can plan for these things but it cant fix them as its not cost effective!

Guest chris955

All the years we lived the UK it snowed maybe 10 times, a total of perhaps 3 weeks of actual snow on the ground in 10 years or so.

Guest Guest 47403
All the years we lived the UK it snowed maybe 10 times, a total of perhaps 3 weeks of actual snow on the ground in 10 years or so.

Well you missed a right treat this year, after the snow at the beginning of December we had about 2ft of it on the ground for 3 weeks due to the extreme cold weather it just seemed endless, the councils were shocking at clearing it.

Guest Guest 47403

My kids had the paddling pool out over the weekend :laugh:

:laugh::biglaugh::twitcy::no::wink:

Your having a larf.

No pools where we live and if the one in a thousand houses does have one, they are indoors and unless google earth has the ability to see through roofs, then you won't see them, i hazard a guess at 1 in 1,000 houses is nearer to 1 in 10. Australian houses have alot of pools, would you say 1 house in 10, or more?................ because they have nice weather.

Crikey i have read some stuff on here but this takes the biscuit.:wacko:

I would say that in the UK that it would be more like 1 in 10000 houses have a permanent pool. If you look through the houses for sale - how many do you see with pools?

Guest peacock
My kids had the paddling pool out over the weekend :laugh:

Is it still out, will google earth and ave a look :wink:

Guest NeilEB

Ok lots of points.

Considering I live in affluent North West London, I know precisely 2 people with pools. Both are my uncles who are incredibly wealthy (although one is now moving). Of these, one is indoors so wouldn't show on Google Earth, and the other in inside a greenhouse type thing, so it may show up.

On my paper round many years ago, there was another house with a pool, although house and pool have since been demolished (and turned into flats naturally).

Onto the heat - the UK, being quite a 'wet' country, tends to have very humid heat which always makes it feel hotter. Australia being basically a desert is probably a lot drier so doesn't feel as hot (at the same temperature) - if any of that makes sense. Of course, I could just be making that up, no doubt somebody will google it and prove me wrong.

Finally, the UK for all the jokes about weather tends to be very average. It;s rarely freezing cold, rarely baking hot, rarely stormy, rarely snowy etc, which is why we struggle so much with extreme weather - we just aren't used to it, and it's not worth spending the moeny on infrastructure to dea with it

Guest NeilEB
Check out postcode CF14 0XS on Google Earth. It must be warmer in Wales! About a quarter of houses in that postcode have pools.

I don't know the area, but the houses look pretty big. It's not footballers wives territory is it?

I might just get some blue tarpaulin and lay it out in the back garden :cute:

Guest Guest 47403
Check out postcode CF14 0XS on Google Earth. It must be warmer in Wales! About a quarter of houses in that postcode have pools.

LOL thats Lisvane check out zoopla there's a lot of £1million houses in that area so pretty affluent I'd say.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Its gone cold here again.............. central heating back on.............. the weather was lovely though................ just shows what most of us can have.

Guest peacock
Its gone cold here again.............. central heating back on.............. the weather was lovely though................ just shows what most of us can have.

So tell me, did you enjoy summer this year :cute:

Guest Mallam

Still sunny and warm in Kent Hoff as it has been for the last 2 months :cute: you should move down here.

Guest peacock
Still sunny and warm in Kent Hoff as it has been for the last 2 months :cute: you should move down here.

Has your lawn died yet ?

Archived