Hosepipe ban, what a joke, do you have the same in oz

Guest Mallam

Guest Mallam
What amazes me is that they can call 20 degrees HOT WEATHER!

To be fair it was 27c in Kent yesterday and working outside was a killer:embarrassed: how I will get on in Oz is anyones guess.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair it was 27c in Kent yesterday and working outside was a killer:embarrassed: how I will get on in Oz is anyones guess.

I honestly felt the temperatures are very different in AU to UK, (not the obvious!), what I mean is - if its 20 here in the UK, 20 in AU feels colder than it would in the UK, its weird. Not just me who thinks this, my family all did too and they were just on visits, so you cant even say there were acclimatised.

Guest Mallam
I don't know about everywhere as with everything it varies from state to state but we are now metered. Water was privatized a little while ago and surprise surprise it has just about doubled in price.

I would hate to be on a meter as I have to admit my sprinkler has been on none stop for the last week on my lawn:policeman: getting it in shape before the ban comes in.:biggrin:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

You don't see any houses here in the uk with swimming pools, so thats not a problem with water being used recklessly, makes you wonder how householders in Oz get to fill their pools up.

Guest chris955

Actually lots of houses in the UK have pools, I was looking on Google maps at a place in West Sussex where a mate used to live and I reckon 1 in 10 houses had pools. Not million pound houses.

We had to get water delivered in a truck when we filled our pool up at a cost of around $400.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

No houses have a pool where i live, well.................. maybe 1 in 1,000 and they have to be indoor pools.

Guest peacock
And theres alot more to Australia than where you exhist.............:wink:

hahaha exhist :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hi Ali, does that also stay if you have orchards and vegtable plots?

you get a dam or a bore.

I have a 22,500 ltr tank as well as 2 x 1000 ltr tanks. We have mains water, but I like to be able to use water freely without people complaining, so use rainwater for the whole house & garden.

Friends that dont have mains water have 100,000ltr tanks & friends that farm here all have dams & bores.

Guest siamsusie
you get a dam or a bore.

I have a 22,500 ltr tank as well as 2 x 1000 ltr tanks. We have mains water, but I like to be able to use water freely without people complaining, so use rainwater for the whole house & garden.

Friends that dont have mains water have 100,000ltr tanks & friends that farm here all have dams & bores.

We have 100,000 x 2 litres tanks, no mains and l dam, we havent run out so far:wubclub:

Guest peacock
We have 100,000 x 2 litres tanks, no mains and l dam, we havent run out so far:wubclub:

Youve got more tanks than the Russian army, where do you park them all :shocked:

Guest siamsusie
Youve got more tanks than the Russian army, where do you park them all :shocked:

No parking places necessary ....they are pretty active Peacock, gunning down the whingers and whiners:cute:

Guest Mallam
you get a dam or a bore.

Thanks, much better way of saving water and much cheaper too, I love ways of saving such a precious element.

You don't see any houses here in the uk with swimming pools, so thats not a problem with water being used recklessly, makes you wonder how householders in Oz get to fill their pools up.

My brother has a swimming pool in the UK, with a retracting roof, and an outdoor jacuzzi, both get used a lot, especially with the weather we have had lately. You'd be surprised by how many people in the UK now have pools! Take a look on google earth, there's plenty around!

Guest Guest 47403
Actually lots of houses in the UK have pools, I was looking on Google maps at a place in West Sussex where a mate used to live and I reckon 1 in 10 houses had pools. Not million pound houses.

We had to get water delivered in a truck when we filled our pool up at a cost of around $400.

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish, a lot of houses in the nicer areas of west sussex may well have pools but don't make sweeping statements about the UK like that as it's incorrect.

Guest chris955

It is of course your right to disagree, it doesn't alter the facts though. As 2tigers says have a look on Google Earth, you will be surprised.

You seemed happy to accept that there are NO swimming pools in the UK which of course is as you say absolute rubbish.

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish, a lot of houses in the nicer areas of west sussex may well have pools but don't make sweeping statements about the UK like that as it's incorrect.

Thanks, much better way of saving water and much cheaper too, I love ways of saving such a precious element.

That is the crazy thing over here. Water isnt expensive when you think about the fact that it is a scarce commodity many times of the year.

As mentioned I dont need such big water tanks as I have mains, but the total cost of putting them in was about $$4500. It would take me over 25 years to recoup the cost, so its not actually a way of saving.

You would need to take bloody long showers to use all that up :wink: and having a dam is much more fun than a pool for the kids, and way cheaper on the chemicals :biglaugh:

p.s. love the new avatar. Reminds me of the 20 years I spent in Holland before coming out here. :cool:

Guest siamsusie
You would need to take bloody long showers to use all that up :wink: and having a dam is much more fun than a pool for the kids, and way cheaper on the chemicals :biglaugh:

p.s. love the new avatar. Reminds me of the 20 years I spent in Holland before coming out here. :cool:

Seriously Furkew, it was so good to see you having tanks despite being on the mains:notworthy: yes you can loose the kids in the dam quite easily:biggrin:.

Ah Holland, something for everyone eh:biggrin:

:hug:Susie x

Guest siamsusie
nice pic sussie :wubclub:

Sorry Stevie, couldnt find one of a Dutch lass carrying a crate of Irn Brew:cute:

lovely to see you:hug:

Archived