Melbourne smells

blobby1000

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the sound of it Roger, can you name a few nice towns up there and we will go and have a look. We got stuck in suburbia for a year (as you do when you get a job over here at first) but we love the area we are in now, Torquay, and this legendary thread I started was back in April when we were at our most disillusioned. It's been good to have the opportunity to move somewhere new but it does feel like we are starting all over again so it will still take time to settle. I do like the sound of the Sunshine coast tho.

• 3 months later...
Guest The Ropey HOFF

Sure was funny Blobby when you were ranting about Smelbourne, have you changed your mind, or thinking about moving states?

Moved down to Torquay Mr Hoff, just 90 KMs away but could be a different state. Has certainly produced a different state of mind, in us as well as it being noticeable in those around us.

I do enjoy the odd trip to the smelly state capital and I still work in one of it's least attractive suburbs. Its good to have a daily dose of the real world.............hmmmmmm

And when and where are you heading this way????

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Moved down to Torquay Mr Hoff, just 90 KMs away but could be a different state. Has certainly produced a different state of mind, in us as well as it being noticeable in those around us.

I do enjoy the odd trip to the smelly state capital and I still work in one of it's least attractive suburbs. Its good to have a daily dose of the real world.............hmmmmmm

And when and where are you heading this way????

Glad to here things have picked up.

Ask the wife that, who's the boss in your house? Lol

• 4 months later...
Guest The Ropey HOFF
Thought it was about time to bring this amazing thread back to the top of the pile

Pile of what though, lol

Does anyone else find Melbourne to be a depressing, graffiti ridden, litter strewn smelly hellhole and its suburbs to be largely soulless endless depressing and unfriendly?

We moved out from the Uk in November with our two kids and cannot wait to move on to a nicer part of Australia.

No, but then I try to avoid the expensive inner suburbs.

Guest The Pom Queen
Thought it was about time to bring this amazing thread back to the top of the pile

You are really proud of this one aren't you :wink:

Souless??

You yourself must be souless, what, you need a few old buildings, an art gallery, tree lined streets to feel alive? Bloody hell you have 2 kids....... get out and enjoy the sun take the kids to the park with a ball, take some snags and make a day of it.

Some people :wacko::realmad::arghh:

Yehhh some people ave different opinions to you...strange that in it...why so aggressive ?

Archived