Sleep Deprived ;(

GaryandGillDublin

Guest LucyOlly

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Never give up hope!! I woke to an email at half three this morning - VISA GRANT!!!!!

2 and a half years after applying.......Yippee!!!:biggrin:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi there i just thought id add my tuppence worth.

we had ourmedicals on 15 april. my oh and daughters medicals were finalised the next day. mine though were a problem. first they were not on the e health system. now it looks like iv been added but they still say further medicals required. then underneath says further medicals received. my bloods still say requested.

not sure if mine have been referred. i expect so because iv got crohns disease and have been in hospital recently for a small surgical procedure.

just worried that im going to fail it and scupper my familys chance of getting over to oz.

dont know how long to leave it before contacting my co, unless there is someone else who deals with the medicals.

going insane checking online as soon as i wake up. several times during the day and before i go to bed. nice to know im not alone though.

regards nicola

Guest Burchos
:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Never give up hope!! I woke to an email at half three this morning - VISA GRANT!!!!!

2 and a half years after applying.......Yippee!!!:biggrin:

How exciting - congratulations!

After assuring my OH, when booking the required ECHO test for me, that the scan would be reported on 'the same day', I emailed the Mater this morning to be told that the doctor would be looking at it TODAY and forwarding/emailing results on my behalf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forwarding when???? The year 2020 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the scan on Tues @ 09.30 a.m.

I am sick of this. I emailed her straight back and advised that the MOC had asked for results to be posted because of the error in the system relating to our file. No response from them.

And why, you ask, do I not just phone them? Well when I phone, I get somebody else who is not familiar with our case who transfers me to a voicemail of the person I contact by email. I leave a msg and instead of contacting me, the patient who has been referred for further tests, they contact my OH and give him the details :arghh:

I work as a medical secretary and that would not be acceptable. You contact the patient directly and respond to them and above all follow up promptly on all medical results.

6 weeks tomorrow since medicals were done. :no:

Guest Phillips family
After assuring my OH, when booking the required ECHO test for me, that the scan would be reported on 'the same day', I emailed the Mater this morning to be told that the doctor would be looking at it TODAY and forwarding/emailing results on my behalf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sick of this. I emailed her straight back and advised that the MOC had asked for results to be posted because of the error in the system relating to our file. No response from them.

And why, you ask, do I not just phone them? Well when I phone, I get somebody else who is not familiar with our case who transfers me to a voicemail of the person I contact by email. I leave a msg and instead of contacting me, the patient who has been referred for further tests, they contact my OH and give him the details :arghh:

I work as a medical secretary and that would not be acceptable. You contact the patient directly and respond to them and above all follow up promptly on all medical results.

Feel for you Gill there is no Urgency anywhere...I also think that at Clinics people having medicals for visa purposes are seen as lower priority than the day to day patients..dont know why....think its because its nearly 8 weeks since we had ours & the reports were sat on the doctors desk for two!!! Waited a week for a urine test & then rang myself they dont get that you worry yourself silly! GRRRRRRRR!!! and a double GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Guest LucyOlly
BIG Congrats :biggrin:

Enjoy the celebrations ..

x

Thanks Gill.....

Don't let it all get you down....it will come through for you too and what a feeling it is when such mountains have been climbed and peaked! We had many a moment when we thought it was never going to happen....it has been five years of planning even though we only applied in Nov 2008. Keep smiling and you'll keep winning!

Lucy x :hug:

Guest travelsparks

we had ourmedicals on 15 april. my oh and daughters medicals were finalised the next day. mine though were a problem. first they were not on the e health system. now it looks like iv been added but they still say further medicals required. then underneath says further medicals received. my bloods still say requested.

not sure if mine have been referred. i expect so because iv got crohns disease and have been in hospital recently for a small surgical procedure.

just worried that im going to fail it and scupper my familys chance of getting over to oz.

dont know how long to leave it before contacting my co, unless there is someone else who deals with the medicals.

going insane checking online as soon as i wake up. several times during the day and before i go to bed. nice to know im not alone though.

regards nicola

Dont worry I thought the same when my meds were referred , good luck

Guest travelsparks

Hope all is okay with you

Am I right in thinking DIAC will be working on Monday or is it a public / bank hol in Oz.

After chasing the clinic about test results since Tuesday they were emailed yesterday and are showing on online system as further medicals received for both of our files even though OH didn't get anything else done since initial meds 6 weeks ago ??

Was hoping to know by today and maybe if the clinic had have sent them Tuesday like they said they would we'd be celebrating now.

Hope they're working Monday or even the weekend ;)

Am I right in thinking DIAC will be working on Monday or is it a public / bank hol in Oz.

After chasing the clinic about test results since Tuesday they were emailed yesterday and are showing on online system as further medicals received for both of our files even though OH didn't get anything else done since initial meds 6 weeks ago ??

Was hoping to know by today and maybe if the clinic had have sent them Tuesday like they said they would we'd be celebrating now.

Hope they're working Monday or even the weekend ;)

Hiya no i don't think its a bank hol in oz on Monday :hug:goodluck

Brides x

Guest Burchos

Hi All

Our waiting is now over and we finally have our visa grant. It is such a fantastic feeling.

Good luck to all of you still waiting for your grant.:jiggy:

Guest LucyOlly
Hi All

Our waiting is now over and we finally have our visa grant. It is such a fantastic feeling.

Congratulations! It's a great feeling isn't it! It's taken two days for me to believe it! We still check the status every morning :jiggy:

Guest jackfrew
Hi All

:wubclub: Congrats, now your new adventure begins. Have a great weekend and you will sleep tonight.

Sharon,x

Guest Burchos
Congratulations! It's a great feeling isn't it! It's taken two days for me to believe it! We still check the status every morning :jiggy:

I know - it is really weird. I keep welling up - I am such a sap!

Woke up this morning and it was strange - I didn't need to check anymore.

Thank you

Hiya no i don't think its a bank hol in oz on Monday :hug:goodluck

Brides x

Only a couple of states have a Bank Holiday on Monday 2nd May

MAY 2011:

Labour Day (QLD) – Monday, May 2

May Day (NT) – Monday, May 2

Guest travelsparks
I know - it is really weird. I keep welling up - I am such a sap!

Woke up this morning and it was strange - I didn't need to check anymore.

Thank you

Well done I know I still want to check just incase it has been changed as ours was granted on April fools day!!!

thankls for reply on my other thread Medicals!!!!!!! here the lady doctor said the same to me about slight murmur, and theres was nothing to worry about, maybe her equip isnt working lolol i get health checks every year for work and noone has ever noticed it before !!!:eek: she said she will not put it on meds as its that slight not to panick OZ depot. so lets see what happens then ..

chris

Spoke to the lovely lady I have been dealing with in health strategies yesterday. She advised that because we had had to wait so long she had managed to get the doctors in Sydney to assess everything. She said they would have the finalised results available in the system tomorrow... Happy days, felt like we might hear before the Easter break after all.

Had an email from agent this morning with a letter from Global Health attached. Turns out after FIVE weeks and being told the delay was due to a system error, it isn't. The doctor noted a heart murmur (She asked while listening to my chest did I know I had a heart murmur. I told her I didn't because I don't regularly attend my GP because I am never ill and never out of work. I get my BP checked every 6 mths when seeing her about 'female things' but that's it). The doctor advised that it was only slight and wouldn't affect the visa, it was just something to mention if I was pregnant.

But it obviously is a problem to Oz and I have to undergo an ECHO at the Mater and trust the wonderful e-health system again that my results will be uploaded and assessed quicker than FIVE weeks. God only knows how long I'll be waiting to get an appointment for this test.

The way I'm feeling right now, I'm ready to throw the towel in on this.

can you tell me who you contact about you not being on the ehealth system. we are having same prob with both kids at min and need to sort it ASAP.

thanks

chris

regards nicola

Just wondering if anyone else out there is suffering from sleep deprivation like us :SLEEP:.

We had our meds 18/03/11 and according to the online system (which I am checking every half hour!!) they are all received. Everything else was uploaded/attached by our agent but some things are still showing as requested online.

If we're lucky enough to get some sleep, we're dreaming about getting that 'golden ticket', then when we wake up and check online / emails we're disappointed not to have word.

Didn't think I'd ever be as bad with the OCD email checking as I was while awaiting word on WA SS.

As they say, "it'll be all worth it in the end". :jiggy:

Hi I know how you feel we waited 5 months for our labour agreement, and didnt sleep very much. It was all worth it in the end though been here 2 and a half years now. hope all goes well for u :biggrin:

Archived