Sleep Deprived ;(

GaryandGillDublin

Gill,bet u get it today.That is what happened to us.Online system was down until 11.00am and when l finally got through there it was on screen - visa approved.Agent emailed us around lunchtime so l bet when system is up you will have it.:wink:

Hey,

Saw your post this morning but in work and up to my eyes so couldn't reply :goofy:

But checked site @ 11am and every hour since and system still down :mad:

But you gave me hope which helped the day go that bit quicker :wubclub:

Maybe tomorrow ..

x

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gill know excatly how you feel - its been 10 weeks since we had our meds done and 7 since they were finalised, fell asthough we have been forgotten about and to add to the frustration the DIAC online checking system cannot be accessed, think these case officers revel in torturing us

OMG 10 weeks ??? You must be pulling your hair out. What is going on with DIAC?

As you said it only adds to the frustration that DIAC online system is down and has been all day !!!

According to the clinic in Dublin the error that occurred with our meds, through NO FAULT on our end, has been rectified (or so they are saying) but still no word from CO/DIAC.

Our applications are probably at the bottom of someone's 'in tray' :mad:

x

Guest Phillips family

had an e-mail from HOC today after enquiring ..they said they are processing medicals recieved on the 21 March at the moment..so more waiting ours were received by them on the 6th april .

So the saga continues :mad: ...

Received an email from my agent with a copy of an email CO had sent him, basically requesting we follow up with the panel doctor who carried out the medicals, requesting that hard copies of the x-rays, reports and forms be posted in a 'sealed' envelope to Oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 weeks later ?????

So I duly contacted the Mater Hospital, having spoken to them last Wed and being assured that the error on their part had been rectified, to be told that yes Oz had been in touch requesting 'final grading' but not requesting hard copies of anything to be posted. I emailed the hospital a copy of the email stating this request... I told the Mater that they had assured me last week that this was sorted. She continued to say that she didn't realise that OH was a part of the same application ?? :arghh: and had got my meds 'signed off' for final grading by panel doctor but not his. I am normally a polite soft spoken person but this just pushed me over the edge. She said she would need a couple of days to sort it out. I advised, having already waited 5 weeks, for their error to be sorted I was not prepared to wait any longer and I wanted this sorted ASAP, especially as we are running into all the bank holidays.

I then opened my emails to find a lovely email from a lady I have been dealing with in health strategies. She basically apologised for the long wait and thanked us for being so patient and polite in our dealings with her (not hard when she seems so nice and is trying to help us out). She informed us that they have contacted the hospital on several occasions requesting 'sign off' so meds can be finalised but as yet this was not done and she had emailed them again today. She had passed our details to someone in Sydney so it can get sorted as soon as the meds are 'signed off'. She asked that I contact her on Thurs if their is no update from the hospital or her, as she wants to get this sorted, if possible, by Easter. :wink:

All I can say is 'grant me f***ing patience'!!!!!!!!! We paid €600 for the medicals and 5 weeks later we are the ones chasing them to sort everything. What an excellent service they provide!!! Would highly recommend them :skeptical:

Well , maybe by some miracle we'll have the visa soon - won't hold my breath. I can see another weekend of waiting ahead of us .. and it's a bloody bank holiday! :wacko:

x

Guest eager6

Oh Gill, what a mess!!U must be going mad.I bet when u do get your visa half of poms in oz will be celebrating too:biggrin:I know l will definitely have a glass of wine for you.

Good luck with getting your medicals finalised. I've e mailed HOC today to check they have all the documentation they need to finalise. Fingers crossed :-)

Received an email from my agent with a copy of an email CO had sent him, basically requesting we follow up with the panel doctor who carried out the medicals, requesting that hard copies of the x-rays, reports and forms be posted in a 'sealed' envelope to Oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 weeks later ?????

So I duly contacted the Mater Hospital, having spoken to them last Wed and being assured that the error on their part had been rectified, to be told that yes Oz had been in touch requesting 'final grading' but not requesting hard copies of anything to be posted. I emailed the hospital a copy of the email stating this request... I told the Mater that they had assured me last week that this was sorted. She continued to say that she didn't realise that OH was a part of the same application ?? :arghh: and had got my meds 'signed off' for final grading by panel doctor but not his. I am normally a polite soft spoken person but this just pushed me over the edge. She said she would need a couple of days to sort it out. I advised, having already waited 5 weeks, for their error to be sorted I was not prepared to wait any longer and I wanted this sorted ASAP, especially as we are running into all the bank holidays.

I then opened my emails to find a lovely email from a lady I have been dealing with in health strategies. She basically apologised for the long wait and thanked us for being so patient and polite in our dealings with her (not hard when she seems so nice and is trying to help us out). She informed us that they have contacted the hospital on several occasions requesting 'sign off' so meds can be finalised but as yet this was not done and she had emailed them again today. She had passed our details to someone in Sydney so it can get sorted as soon as the meds are 'signed off'. She asked that I contact her on Thurs if their is no update from the hospital or her, as she wants to get this sorted, if possible, by Easter. :wink:

All I can say is 'grant me f***ing patience'!!!!!!!!! We paid €600 for the medicals and 5 weeks later we are the ones chasing them to sort everything. What an excellent service they provide!!! Would highly recommend them :skeptical:

Well , maybe by some miracle we'll have the visa soon - won't hold my breath. I can see another weekend of waiting ahead of us .. and it's a bloody bank holiday! :wacko:

x

OMG - you really have had a right ole time of it haven't you!!:arghh:

Hopefully it will all be sorted in the next couple of days - fingers crossed for you :biggrin:

Have a glass or two of wine tonight x

Oh Gill, what a mess!!U must be going mad.I bet when u do get your visa half of poms in oz will be celebrating too:biggrin:I know l will definitely have a glass of wine for you.

Mad isn't the word Eager, even my poor agent is calling me mad - I have him driven demented :wink: ..

Well hopefully after all this messing, when we do get the visa, it'll be a smooth ride ..

I'll be having more than a glass, I can tell ya that. My Mam and Dad can't wait for the news 'we have the visa' - they've three bottles of Champers they're waiting for us to make a dent in :biglaugh:.

x

Guest Burchos

x

It's nerve racking enough waiting for your visa grant, without all this trouble.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get your grant very soon.

Take care

x

OMG you are having to work for this visa. The clinic seem incompetent and i would be putting pen to paper and writing them a stong letter. Lets hope it finally gets sorted. Mine and my sons have been referred but dont know why. Doc at medical said everything was ok so will just have to see. I now find myself checking every morning on here now to see if you have any news. Nothing changed for me today so fingers crossed for you.

Spoke to the lovely lady I have been dealing with in health strategies yesterday. She advised that because we had had to wait so long she had managed to get the doctors in Sydney to assess everything. She said they would have the finalised results available in the system tomorrow... Happy days, felt like we might hear before the Easter break after all.

Had an email from agent this morning with a letter from Global Health attached. Turns out after FIVE weeks and being told the delay was due to a system error, it isn't. The doctor noted a heart murmur (She asked while listening to my chest did I know I had a heart murmur. I told her I didn't because I don't regularly attend my GP because I am never ill and never out of work. I get my BP checked every 6 mths when seeing her about 'female things' but that's it). The doctor advised that it was only slight and wouldn't affect the visa, it was just something to mention if I was pregnant.

But it obviously is a problem to Oz and I have to undergo an ECHO at the Mater and trust the wonderful e-health system again that my results will be uploaded and assessed quicker than FIVE weeks. God only knows how long I'll be waiting to get an appointment for this test.

The way I'm feeling right now, I'm ready to throw the towel in on this.

Spoke to the lovely lady I have been dealing with in health strategies yesterday. She advised that because we had had to wait so long she had managed to get the doctors in Sydney to assess everything. She said they would have the finalised results available in the system tomorrow... Happy days, felt like we might hear before the Easter break after all.

Had an email from agent this morning with a letter from Global Health attached. Turns out after FIVE weeks and being told the delay was due to a system error, it isn't. The doctor noted a heart murmur (She asked while listening to my chest did I know I had a heart murmur. I told her I didn't because I don't regularly attend my GP because I am never ill and never out of work. I get my BP checked every 6 mths when seeing her about 'female things' but that's it). The doctor advised that it was only slight and wouldn't affect the visa, it was just something to mention if I was pregnant.

But it obviously is a problem to Oz and I have to undergo an ECHO at the Mater and trust the wonderful e-health system again that my results will be uploaded and assessed quicker than FIVE weeks. God only knows how long I'll be waiting to get an appointment for this test.

You've been through hell, you deserve your visa. So please don't give up Gill - you are so nearly there.

Guest eager6

Better take Champers out of fridge at this rate it will be frozen over HA HA!!!!

Feel for you Gill,but it is a rollercoaster this whole process and at the moment your rollercoaster is broken!!Hope all works out quickly for you.

OH i feel for you. Lets hope your not waiting too long for your appointment.

Guest jackfrew

Oh Gill, my heart goes out to you right now. What a nightmare you are having. Chin up and don't let this other hiccup get you down. :wubclub:

You will get this in the end and it will all be worth it. It's the holiday weekend enjoy it and relax for a bit. I hope you get the appointment soon as it was all there fault.:wink:

Good luck, checking daily to see how you are all getting on.

Sharon,xxxx

Oh Gill, my heart goes out to you right now. What a nightmare you are having. Chin up and don't let this other hiccup get you down. :wubclub:

You will get this in the end and it will all be worth it. It's the holiday weekend enjoy it and relax for a bit. I hope you get the appointment soon as it was all there fault.:wink:

Good luck, checking daily to see how you are all getting on.

Sharon,xxxx

I've very sorry too. That sucks. All I would say is once you get an all clear echo, you'll get rubber stamped by HOC (my other half's meds were referred they day they were received and were finalised in FOUR days!) so they can be quick if they want to. (Mine on the other hand have only just been referred yesterday and there's nothing wrong with me as far as I'm aware. Random and annoying when we've waited so long - we applied in May 09!

Guest travelsparks

x

Hope all works out for you I had three days of waiting after being told had a shadow on my lung and phoned my GP in a panic and got it al sorted and visa is granted, it was a nightmare cannot imagine what you are going through and mine was minor from a recent chest infection that I didnt even know I had had

So, had the ECHO scan yesterday ... Paid €273 and the technician was good enough to give me a heads up (because I am a stress ball at this stage) and advised scan was fine - my heart is normal. I'm thinking waste of money !!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Emailed the Mater when I got home and asked that they follow up results/posting/emailing asap, so we do not have any further delays - heard nothing back.

Anyone want to put bets on how long it takes for us to hear about visa :biggrin:

Guest Burchos
So, had the ECHO scan yesterday ... Paid €273 and the technician was good enough to give me a heads up (because I am a stress ball at this stage) and advised scan was fine - my heart is normal. I'm thinking waste of money !!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Emailed the Mater when I got home and asked that they follow up results/posting/emailing asap, so we do not have any further delays - heard nothing back.

Anyone want to put bets on how long it takes for us to hear about visa :biggrin:

Hope you hear soon. All this waiting we have to endure is enough to give us all heart problems.

Glad all is well. we are still waiting i am giving it till next week the agent can email them again it been nearly 2 months since we had medicals.

Archived