APHRA advice on applying for nursing registration!!!

Guest hannahelizabeth

as you know well all of this is a rollercoaster and I had given up after 5 days past closing date with the oh well try again.. and there it came later ( and I have to say I e-mailed the contact person after the closing date to apologise that I had not been in touch prior to closing date and he had forwarded my e-maile to the unit manager who interviewed me with a comment 'not sure suitable'.. she e-mailed me the interview date with that e-mail on it! I was gutted and offended! however i prepared for the interview and it is a job I can easily do ( Clinical nurse educator) with very good money in an area I am happy with so all well so far.. still have visa and medical to sort! watch this space! Good luck with yours let me know how it goes x

Well done Delaneym - sounds like things are really getting sorted for you, so pleased :biggrin:

Good luck Gilraen with your job application - hope you get an interview date soon :smile:

My youngest DD had a phone interview with the Sydney Children's Hospital last Monday night and it seemed to go well. She was told it could be several weeks until she hears officially about the post as they have a complicated system for dealing with interviews/ offers of jobs etc (sounded like a HR nightmare :rolleyes:).

The unit leader, who was a part of the interview panel, advised her after the interview to download the forms for health checks etc and to get them filled in and e-mailed back to her to speed up the process in getting her sponsored visa approved - so keeping our fingers crossed that this means that she will get the job offer.

Well done Delaneym - sounds like things are really getting sorted for you, so pleased :biggrin:

Good luck Gilraen with your job application - hope you get an interview date soon :smile:

My youngest DD had a phone interview with the Sydney Children's Hospital last Monday night and it seemed to go well. She was told it could be several weeks until she hears officially about the post as they have a complicated system for dealing with interviews/ offers of jobs etc (sounded like a HR nightmare :rolleyes:).

The unit leader, who was a part of the interview panel, advised her after the interview to download the forms for health checks etc and to get them filled in and e-mailed back to her to speed up the process in getting her sponsored visa approved - so keeping our fingers crossed that this means that she will get the job offer.

well to me that sounds like the job is hers as they would not bother with all the paperwork if making their minds up.. but who knows! Good luck to her and fingers crossed! maybe we will meet up in sydney or thereabouts!

Sounds very positive!! Sounds like you both will be in Sydney soon :biggrin:

A number of nurses on here have had their registration come through in less that 6 weeks using the Darwin and Adelaide offices. You can use any office. It doesn't matter where you want to work. :)

I have been informed that if you have a job offer you must register in that state and cannot use another office

I have been informed that if you have a job offer you must register in that state and cannot use another office

Yes that's been posted before. Those of us who did not have job offers sent ours to Darwin or Adelaide on other's advice. :smile:

Guest Amritpal

Hi everyone

i am also struggling to get information through this forum. My question is if apply out registration to Adelaide then will we be able to work in Melbourne or Sydney or we will have to work only in Adelaide?

Thanks Gilrean for ur information. I assume that I will have to apply trainer visa or 456 visa. Because I am not sure that I would be able to find employer for 457 on the basis of eligibility for registration letter? Can any one have been through this case? Or may be have a knowledge that will I be able to apply 457 visa straight rather than 456?

Thanks Everyone

Hi everyone

i am also struggling to get information through this forum. My question is if apply out registration to Adelaide then will we be able to work in Melbourne or Sydney or we will have to work only in Adelaide?

Thanks Gilrean for ur information. I assume that I will have to apply trainer visa or 456 visa. Because I am not sure that I would be able to find employer for 457 on the basis of eligibility for registration letter? Can any one have been through this case? Or may be have a knowledge that will I be able to apply 457 visa straight rather than 456?

Thanks Everyone

Not sure what you are asking. the letter for eligibility is your confirmation of registration and then you would find a job and the employer would sponsor you on a 457 if you are eligible to do this. have you contacted a migration team? I have no idea what a 456 visa is sorry! Good luck with :)

Not sure what you are asking. the letter for eligibility is your confirmation of registration and then you would find a job and the employer would sponsor you on a 457 if you are eligible to do this. have you contacted a migration team? I have no idea what a 456 visa is sorry! Good luck with :)

Amritpal needs a adaptation programme before she can actually register. A 456 is one visa that allows you to go temporarily to Oz to complete this. :biggrin:

Hiya,

In process of gathering documents to post to APHRA.Just to clarify,want to work in Perth so would it be better to register with the Perth office? I am a registered mental health nurse just came across your post.

Lisa

Hiya,

In process of gathering documents to post to APHRA.Just to clarify,want to work in Perth so would it be better to register with the Perth office? I am a registered mental health nurse just came across your post.

Lisa

Some have had their registration through quickly in Perth. You can register in any office regardless of where you work unless you have a job offer and are looking to speed the application up. :biggrin:

Archived