gr8leo87

Each & every day seems so long.... I know from statistics that my turn will only come in Nov/Dec but still I check the DIAC webportal everyday in hope that I see some of the fields getting finalized.... in hope that may be may be I am one of the lucky ones who get their security checks finalized sooner than others.... but nothing :nah:

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today the government signed the Malaysia deal which will send boat arrivals back to Malaysia.

I am guessing this will reduce the log jam at ASIO as refugee queues are capped with no unauthorised arrivals. So it might benefit us down the road.

Guest greenhope

Hi, finally my co requested medicals and police check on 1st June. medicals have been finalized on 18th July and police check is already met. I check my status almost everyday to see if there is anything happens. anybody has any idea how long would it take? it get really hard to wait and watch for the visa.:arghh:

Guest Zeeshu

The wait is killing! How long could it be from the submission of form-80 approximately?? i mean the checks.

885 lodged 9th Jun10, Front loaded PCC and Meds, CO assigned July 2010, Form 80 submitted 21 July10. CO replaced April,11. Stuck at Internal Checks :sad:

The wait is killing! How long could it be from the submission of form-80 approximately?? i mean the checks.

885 lodged 9th Jun10, Front loaded PCC and Meds, CO assigned July 2010, Form 80 submitted 21 July10. CO replaced April,11. Stuck at Internal Checks :sad:

Where are you from?

Hi, finally my co requested medicals and police check on 1st June. medicals have been finalized on 18th July and police check is already met. I check my status almost everyday to see if there is anything happens. anybody has any idea how long would it take? it get really hard to wait and watch for the visa.:arghh:

You are IRANIAN and you got CO in Nov.2010? on the other hand got medical request on june 1, 2011? correct me if i am wrong.

my opinion is you can email your CO and Ask him, if he need any thing else? ....

BTW congratulations in advance

Guest hellorajshahi
You are IRANIAN and you got CO in Nov.2010? on the other hand got medical request on june 1, 2011? correct me if i am wrong.

my opinion is you can email your CO and Ask him, if he need any thing else? ....

BTW congratulations in advance

If you want to know the over all status of your application , u can check it by giving TRN number, if you want to know the status of your health report u can mail to HOC, then they will give you an authentic and appropriate reply. BUT IZ THERE ANY WAY -SO THAT YOU CAN CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR SECURITY CHECK.

HOW LONG HAVE TO WAIT ?

If you want to know the over all status of your application , u can check it by giving TRN number, if you want to know the status of your health report u can mail to HOC, then they will give you an authentic and appropriate reply. BUT IZ THERE ANY WAY -SO THAT YOU CAN CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR SECURITY CHECK.

HOW LONG HAVE TO WAIT ?

I dont think there is any way to ask for the security checks progress ... some applicants asked IGIS or ASIO about the security checks status and they will just reply with COPY PASTE email ... even your CO wont b able to give you exact time frame because External checks are done by External agencies and no one knows how they work. ... there is nothing one can do for his security checks other than wait wait and then again wait ... i am also waiting since last 8 and half months and i m expecting atleast one or 2 more months of frustrated wait ..... hope and wait is the only thing we can do right now.

Guest hellorajshahi
I dont think there is any way to ask for the security checks progress ... some applicants asked IGIS or ASIO about the security checks status and they will just reply with COPY PASTE email ... even your CO wont b able to give you exact time frame because External checks are done by External agencies and no one knows how they work. ... there is nothing one can do for his security checks other than wait wait and then again wait ... i am also waiting since last 8 and half months and i m expecting atleast one or 2 more months of frustrated wait ..... hope and wait is the only thing we can do right now.

Wait . wait and wait.............................

Guest bghkh

Oh Well, we are all on the same boat apparently, I applied for 885 on Nov 2010 and uploaded all documents including medicals. CO assigned may 2011 and since then waiting for "undergoing mandatory health, character and national security checks that are undertaken by external agencies", how come they can accept boat people from lots of countries which are HR as well without such a complicated check as ours? but we have to wait some times many months even if you are applying for RSMS visa?? shame!

Guest rupani

Hi,

Based on data available on a time line site, 17 applicants from Pakistan were granted visa during six months (Jan to June 2011) and 12 Pakistani applicants were granted visa only in July 2011. IMO it is very very positve sign for HR countries' applicants waiting for long time.

Hi,

Based on data available on a time line site, 17 applicants from Pakistan were granted visa during six months (Jan to June 2011) and 12 Pakistani applicants were granted visa only in July 2011. IMO it is very very positve sign for HR countries' applicants waiting for long time.

Hi Rupani, This indeed is very promising. But if you check the timeline (on BE), all of them were applicants from 2009 or 2008 ( a few from 2010) & 1 guy from 2011 (special case). Most of them got their COs in mid or late 2010. Which means that our assumption of 9 months - 15 months for processing time of Pakistani applicants is quite accurate.

But I really appreciate that even after getting your own grant you are trying to give us hope :notworthy:

Oh Well, we are all on the same boat apparently, I applied for 885 on Nov 2010 and uploaded all documents including medicals. CO assigned may 2011 and since then waiting for "undergoing mandatory health, character and national security checks that are undertaken by external agencies", how come they can accept boat people from lots of countries which are HR as well without such a complicated check as ours? but we have to wait some times many months even if you are applying for RSMS visa?? shame!

They do go through security checks which is why they spend up to 2 years in detention centres.

Guest Laurel

Hello ppl,

i'm interested if anyone knows what the sequence of events is after lodging the application? We've lodged ours mid-June and although many applicants of that month got their CO and even the grant letter, we still haven't been contacted yet. Even the previous processing update for Cat 3 said CO allocation is done to apps submitted by June 20, nothing. Current update: July 11, and still no CO for us. Is it possible that they will check us before the CO contact or the CO allocation/letter is always before any (internal/external) checking?

Many thanks, L.

Guest rupani
Hi Rupani, This indeed is very promising. But if you check the timeline (on BE), all of them were applicants from 2009 or 2008 ( a few from 2010) & 1 guy from 2011 (special case). Most of them got their COs in mid or late 2010. Which means that our assumption of 9 months - 15 months for processing time of Pakistani applicants is quite accurate.

But I really appreciate that even after getting your own grant you are trying to give us hope :notworthy:

Yes you are right but this also shows that long pending cases are being finalised now quickly and IMHO there is a chance that new cases will take lesser time. My case took 9 months from Co assignment to medical request.

Guest greenhope

dear friends,

after more than 20 months since lodgement finally my agent called me to say the visa has been granted! its really marvelous and I don't know what to say. I have been trying to leave my country for more than 5 years and today is really something for me. I wish the same for all of you and good luck.

dear friends,

after more than 20 months since lodgement finally my agent called me to say the visa has been granted! its really marvelous and I don't know what to say. I have been trying to leave my country for more than 5 years and today is really something for me. I wish the same for all of you and good luck.

Congratulations Green hope.

dear friends,

Congrads !!!! that was a long wait :) may you have a good future in Australia

Archived