PCC for 457 visa. Necessary?

essextoaus

Could you give an example of what might prompt this request, when it is not standard? I have no criminal record etc. Cheers.

Hiya,

Sorry but by PCC do you mean police checks? Not totally sure on all the terminology. We are currently sending all our stuff for a 457 visa to a recruitment company and they want ACPO police check doing. For me and partner (who will be getting the 457) as we arent married. Only other thing is if all goes to plan, when we get to Oz they will apply for perm visa - so the checks may be for that.

I was asking the same thing yesterday. I got a similarly unclear answer. The emphasis is on the word "may".

It is unclear because there is no rule, they might be asked for, they might not. Nobody on PIO can be any clearer because DIAC themselves are not.

Guest JonInMelbourne

There is a minimum salary that must be paid to a 457 visa holder. The details probably change so please look them up on the DIMIA website : Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

When I did my 457 I never had to deal with any police checks. These came when I applied for PR. I don't believe it is normal to do a full police check for a 457, but it probably depends on your job as there are exceptions - e.g. medical practicioners on 457 still need to have full medical check up. For a corporate office based job, I would assume no.

Just to give my experience, after the worries last week. I spoke to my agent yesterday and they felt it would be highly unlikely. That may be because my previous jobs required a clean record anyway.

Archived