Looking for people in melbourne...

Guest Mowday

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great - We will most certainly be there and look forward to meeting some more chums (David and Michelle - live in Middle Park and came to Melbourne 5 months ago, always up for a beer and night out in good company).

A quick word though - The Sherlock isn't normally open at the Weekends so it might be worth checking.

Guest izzie

Hiya, I've just seen this forum. I'm in Melbourne on my own, so would definitely be up for this time. Will keep checking the forum in case the venue changes.

See you soon

Izzie

Guest Mr and Mrs Smith

Hi all,

Just seen the post that the sherlock is not open on Sundays. have now checked and this is the case so I have found another pub in Melbourne -

The Elephant and Wheelbarrow - http://bourkest.elephantandwheelbarrow.com.au/ which is on Bourke Street.

I have checked and they are open on Sunday, so the meet on Sunday is now as follows:

Venue - Elephant and Wheelbarrow

Area - Bourke Street, Melbourne CBD

Date: Sunday 17th April

Time: 2pm

I am so sorry about the confusion, never thought to check if pub would be open.

Look forward to seeing you all there

Arran & Rachel

Hi all,

Just seen the post that the sherlock is not open on Sundays. have now checked and this is the case so I have found another pub in Melbourne -

The Elephant and Wheelbarrow - http://bourkest.elephantandwheelbarrow.com.au/ which is on Bourke Street.

I have checked and they are open on Sunday, so the meet on Sunday is now as follows:

Venue - Elephant and Wheelbarrow

Area - Bourke Street, Melbourne CBD

Date: Sunday 17th April

Time: 2pm

I am so sorry about the confusion, never thought to check if pub would be open.

Look forward to seeing you all there

Arran & Rachel

hi guys

jus to let u know we will defo be there on sunday! looking forward to meetin new people!!:biglaugh:

cheers charlie n lynn

Hey all! Have just seen your post and were hoping we could maybe join? We've been in Melb a couple of months this time and have made a few friends but are always interested in meeting more people, esp when there's beer involved!!

Hi All,

Great to find this today !

Craig and I moved out here in January from Glasgow and are living in Williamstown. We are both in our mid-thirties with no kids and whilst we are a bit over the clubbing stage now, we would love to meet up with others for drinks, dinners, bbqs etc.

It would be great to say hello .... :biggrin:

Gill

Hi Gill,

Great to hear from fellow Glaswegians! I'm from Blantyre buthave been living in Ireland for the last 6 years with my Aussie husband. He got a job offer last week so we'll be heading out around June. I'm waiting on my spouse visa being processed (nailbiting stuff) so he'll probably go out before us (we have an 18 month old daughter) I'll head back to my parents in Blantyre for a month or so while we wait for our container to arrive.

What's Williamstown like? My OH's job is in Sunshine and while I'd prefer to settle on the West side (get more for your money), he'd prefer more inner suburbs. I can see the fights starting already!! :arghh:

Anyway, keep in touch and hopefully we can meet up sometime.

Guest Mr and Mrs Smith

Hi all,

Just a quick message to say that i have spoken to the pub and asked them to reserve us a couple of tables together under the name of poms in oz so we can all sit together!!

See you all soon

Arran & Rachel

Guest AnubisUK

I'm afraid I can't make this one guys, I've had to move to SA in the name of regional work for my 2nd year visa!! Have a great time, and I'll catch up with you guys when I return in a few months time :)

hi all u guys we met in city yesterday jus to say had a excellent day and would be great to do it again soon! not sure if i managed a chat with ever1 but plenty time for that!hope all u drunks made as i didnt! :SLEEP:(supposed to start new job this mornin):biglaugh:ah well plenty time for that as well!

cheers charlie

ps, arran ur a funny guy! still killin myself :biglaugh:

Guest morty

Hi guys

Just to say I had a great night last night, and what a great turnout. Hope to see you all soon for more wine !

Guest vixen29
hi all u guys we met in city yesterday jus to say had a excellent day and would be great to do it again soon! not sure if i managed a chat with ever1 but plenty time for that!hope all u drunks made as i didnt! :SLEEP:(supposed to start new job this mornin):biglaugh:ah well plenty time for that as well!

cheers charlie

ps, arran ur a funny guy! still killin myself :biglaugh:

Charlie - did you make it to work?!

Good to meet you all and looking forward to the next :smile:

Guest vixen29
eh ! no i didnt make it! wat a bummer eh ! can hardly member leavin pub!

did yous get home ok ?

charlie :confused:

oh dear! I did say to alan that we should have packed you in a taxi!

Yeah, no probs with us. I was the only sober person there!! :laugh:

Guest izzie

good lord was i drunk! had a lovely time though and it was great to meet you all, hopefully we can catch up again soon

izzie

x

Guest fitz sher

Hi all moving to Mornington on the 16th of May from Dublin with my husband and 3 kids.Hope to meet new friends soon to help with the move and settle in,will defo be up for meeting up and going for few drinks and chat

Shirley and Fitzy

Guest Mr and Mrs Smith

Hi all,

Just got back from our mini break and wanted to say that we had a great night too. It was great to see so many people and i think a good time was had by all. I do get a little excited sometimes so i send my apologies if i upset anyone.

I seem to remember that the next meet up was going to be on Friday 29th April around 8pm in St Kilda at the La la land bar - http://www.lalaland.com.au/?

Is this correct?

As usual, the more the merrier!! Please let me know if the info above is correct and who is attending?

Look forward to meeting all again on Friday.

Arran & Rachel

Guest morty

Sounds like a plan, but its the Royal Wedding and i just cant miss it.

Will definitely be at the next meet up though.

:wink:

Emma

After a five day weekend and a three day working work, drinks on Friday night seem just what the doctor ordered. I'm not that much of a royalist anyway and it'd be good to miss the hoopla of the royal wedding (unless it really is gonna be like that T-Mobile ad!)

Guest izzie

Was that the plan? I dont remotely remember,was too drunk! But yeah, I'll be up for that...

See you then

Izzie

x

Guest StephenU

Hi All..

First post for me despite living in Melbourne for nearly 7 years! Glasgow guy with Aussie wife (although with scottish parents!) would like to meet up with more like minded folks. We would love to get along to the next meetup. See you all on friday.

Cheers

Stephen & Sam

Archived