Finally lodged 176 family sponsored visa

tfarrell

Completed the online application yesterday. Excited and nervous. Now we play the waiting game!!

Posted this reply to other people in another thread......is your hubbies occupation on the state you want to move to's SMP LIST...if it is you would speed the time it takes to get your visa very much by applying for State sponsorship rather than waiting for family sponsorship. You can do this even though you have applied for family sponsorship and when DIAC receive the relevant forms from the sponsoring state they would process you accordingly..................

Posted this reply to other people in another thread......is your hubbies occupation on the state you want to move to's SMP LIST...if it is you would speed the time it takes to get your visa very much by applying for State sponsorship rather than waiting for family sponsorship. You can do this even though you have applied for family sponsorship and when DIAC receive the relevant forms from the sponsoring state they would process you accordingly..................

I am fairly sure that applications lodage AFTER July 2010 cannot be changed i.e. 175 to 176 and would need an entirely new application including cost.. would be better to check fisrt before assuming I'm right though.

- 4lan.

I am fairly sure that applications lodage AFTER July 2010 cannot be changed i.e. 175 to 176 and would need an entirely new application including cost.. would be better to check fisrt before assuming.

- 4lan.

Fair point......maybe slightly different with it being a sponsored visa for a sponsored visa......but as you rightly point out they should check it all out if the option does arise.....

I am fairly sure that applications lodage AFTER July 2010 cannot be changed i.e. 175 to 176 and would need an entirely new application including cost.. would be better to check fisrt before assuming I'm right though.

- 4lan.

That is absolutely correct, state sponsorship can no longer be done retrospectively (for applications lodged after July 2010).

Archived