Previous Visa Number - where to find it?

Guest NeilEB

So, about 10 years ago, my wife spent some time in Oz on a working holiday visa.

Having dug out her old (and slightly mildewy passport), I have the paper visa, but not sure which 11 digit number is the 'visa number'.

I have a 7 digit number followed X1, then by her surname - is that it?

• 3 months later...

We have had a couple of visas - over 6 years ago now - and I can't get any of the numbers to register either. I have left the box blank. I am sure they will be able to look it up. Or perhaps when you get to the end of the form there will be a chance to add additional info or send a scan of the visas? Anyway. I would not worry too much.

Oh and also, one of the questions on the 176 application,in the drop down menu the year date does not go back far enough so we have just had to put the last year date that is given. So not sure what we can do about that either other than leave it at the wrong year date.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have exactly the same problem.....where/what exactly is the visa number? I currently have been granted my second working holiday visa which I haven't used, I just have an email to say that it has been granted. My boyfriend is applying for a 175 skilled independent visa and I will go on this as his partner. I need to put my visa number on the page 'details of current or previous visa'. Does anyone know where I can find the visa number? And do I put the visa number for the second working holiday visa as that is what I would consider to be my current visa (although I haven't used it yet). For those that have left it blank, what has happened to the visa application? Has it been queried?

I have emailed the immigartion department but all they do is send me links to webpages which are about as much use as a chocolate teapot :-(

• 2 years later...
Hi everyone, I have exactly the same problem.....where/what exactly is the visa number? I currently have been granted my second working holiday visa which I haven't used, I just have an email to say that it has been granted. My boyfriend is applying for a 175 skilled independent visa and I will go on this as his partner. I need to put my visa number on the page 'details of current or previous visa'. Does anyone know where I can find the visa number? And do I put the visa number for the second working holiday visa as that is what I would consider to be my current visa (although I haven't used it yet). For those that have left it blank, what has happened to the visa application? Has it been queried?

I have emailed the immigartion department but all they do is send me links to webpages which are about as much use as a chocolate teapot :-(

Here we go: this image shows you which number it is: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/html/reuse/visa_label.htm

In case the link breaks in the future, it's the one on the top right.

Archived