My decision after 2 years here...

Guest BrittanyHauser

Guest BrittanyHauser

It took me a year to make my decision, I'm only 12 (just turned on the 30th december) but it's STRESS!

For a year I've been thinking, england or aussie, sun or rain?

a few weeks back, I made my choice.

I decided, ENGLAND!

I didn't mind leaving behind the beaches, the swimming, my friends and the LIFESTYLE. I decided I would choose the lifestyle in england, I liked it better, it was just right for me.

So my desicion was made, I talked this over with my mum who was supportive and said we should see england when go on our first holiday back this year, and if i still wanted too we would arrange it. my mum is probably australias biggest fan, but she said as long as I'm happy.

My dad says no and that I wouldn't like it and that the weather is bad and I would miss the swimming and my friends and the lifestyle.

But it was so hard to make the choice and I am 1000000000000% sure I made the right one.

This breaks me, because were hgere with my dads company and if he says we shouldn't move back he probably won't try to move back now. He thinks its best for me and I respect that. But this was a though choice and ,looking at my reasons why and that I even believe the fact that I would leave the aussie lifestyle behind, I know its the right choice xx

Oh dear, it looks as if your olds have made the choice for you and although you know where you want to be, it isnt where they are prepared to let you be. So, in reality you probably just have to go along with what they decide - unless, there is an option for you to get back into education in UK either living with family or relatives but not too many parents would let their kids take that option - you probably have about 12 months up your sleeve to make that decision before GCSEs get too tricky.

If your parents say tough, you have to stay here then I guess you have to put your head down and get on with it but you could be like many young Australians and think about their longer term in UK/Europe perhaps after they have finished their education and make plans for that eventuality.

Should ask your mum how long you have to stay to become an Aussie citizen with a passport.

Given you've been here 2 years now it might not take much longer.

You might not realise now but in later life you would have flexibility to live in Australia or England and move between the 2 as you please. Best of both worlds.

Ask your mum and dad about it.

Guest siamsusie
Should ask your mum how long you have to stay to become an Aussie citizen with a passport.

Given you've been here 2 years now it might not take much longer.

You might not realise now but in later life you would have flexibility to live in Australia or England and move between the 2 as you please. Best of both worlds.

Ask your mum and dad about it.

Couldnt agree more ParleyCross. Excellent advice!:wubclub:

Guest BrittanyHauser

They have said, we will get our passports fixed up, go on holiday and see how we like it again and then go from there, but we can get residency and move back if we still want too.

They have said, we will get our passports fixed up, go on holiday and see how we like it again and then go from there, but we can get residency and move back if we still want too.

I think going on a holiday sounds like an excellent idea it will give you a chance to compare Oz and the UK BUT remember that a holiday is not the same as living. You may find that your friends make a big effort to meet up with you and catch up on your news because your are back in the UK for a short time. If you were living back in the UK though things may be different because since you have been in Oz they have done new things, met new people and you havent been part of that. You also wont be attending school so will be able to do all the fun things, but if/when you go back to live in the UK you will be having to attend school.

I know it is not an easy decision for you or your family but keep an open mind about this trip back, look at things realistically before you decide definately one way or another - this has to be a decision for you and your family. As has been said waiting till you get citizenship and have the right to come and go as you please makes it much easier if you do want to return to Oz in the future or if you wish to study in Oz after finishing school.

Archived