Where to go & stay on reccie ~ WA?

cartertucker

I am looking to book a holiday home rental for 3 weeks ~ We are going to WA on a reccie

We are thinking that we would like to look as far North as Yanchep & as far South as Bunbury....Does that sound a good idea? :unsure:

Where would you stay, so as to be able to travel & look around at various places? :confused:

Any suggestions will be very gratefully recieved :cute:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Karen and Colin

We done our reccie last year and we went as far as Yanchep but only as far south as Mandarah. We preferred south. We are now thinking of trying Bunbury also as there seems to be alot of work down there which would suit hubby. We prefferred south as hubby might work in Kwinana and just got a better feeling when we were there. We stayed in a rental in Clarkson the rental was nice but we didn't get a good feeling about the area.

Guest The Trainer from Perth

Hi there

Bunbury is ok, Margaret River for R&R is the top spot.

Try the following website:

Hope you have a great time!

www.stayz.com.au › WA

Hi kelly have you tried Holidayletting? also worth a try, both times we went our holiday home was found there. Good luck

Hiya & thanks :wubclub:

Did you mean:

Australia holiday homes and apartments - Holiday rentals in Australia

If so, yes...We have been looking on there, but struggling to find something that looks suitable :eek:

Which one did you stay in, if its still on the site? :wideeyed:

Hiya & thanks :wubclub:

Did you mean:

Australia holiday homes and apartments - Holiday rentals in Australia

If so, yes...We have been looking on there, but struggling to find something that looks suitable :eek:

Which one did you stay in, if its still on the site? :wideeyed:

no it was holidaylettings.co.uk click on the oz section . first time we stayed at quinns rock up north 2nd time we stayed mandra south like i say both we found on that site

Try let's Perth. Has sone lovely rental places and the company is run by an English couple that made the move to Perth a while back.

Hi Kelly, Can you try & do half of your time up north & half down south? We also used holidaylettings.co.uk when we did our reccie. We stayed in Mindarie, loved it up there it was very nice but when we made the BIG move we decided to try SOR as hubby was hoping to get a job at either Jandakot airport or the main airport & the commute was going to be easier from SOR. Also, when we did our reccie, we found it to be a lot greener & quieter ( we're country bumpkins not townies). We love it down here. we rented in Port Kennedy to start with, then moved to Meadow Springs ( outskirts of Mandurah) so that our son was closer to TAFE until he found his feet. Really like both places. I still love NOR too. Think you have to go where your gut tells you or where is going to be better for your work. If you rent for a while you can always move. Good luck whatever you decide hun. X

You may want to consider a two centre stay as Bunbury to Yanchep to some distance. Perhaps somewhere around Joondalup and somewhere around Frenantle so you could get a good feel of NOR and SOR Perth as well as get to the areas you want outside the Metro area more easily.

If you don't want to move then Perth itself is probably the best bet as you will be central, if you want self catering there are plenty of serviced apartments or motels if you want somewhere a bit cheaper.

Somewhere like this maybe?http://www.canningbridgeautolodge.com.au/

Another option is to hire a camper van, they are expensive but it worked brilliantly for us in South Africa, you can move from place to place so easily without any packing/unpacking and you get to see heaps more. Plus staying on campsites you will get a real insight into the 'true blue' lifestyle.

Enjoy your trip

jules x

The properties look fantastic compared to some I have seen! We were looking last month for OHs mum and dad just incase they wanted to visit before we had brought our 1st Ozzie house!

Guest guest37336

Hi Cartertucker.

My advice, head north young man (lady in this case). WA is vast, and in my opinion the further north you go the more spectacular it gets. I know this is not a viable option for you, but the further you travel north in WA the better it gets. Plenty of water, food, air con, tent etc and when the fuel dial is down to zero stop, tent up, and just have a look out at the 'real' Australia, peace, tranquility and a complete sense of 'contentment'.

Not everyone's cup of tea maybe, but a truly wonderful experience all the same. As I said not a viable option for you but if and when you settle in or around Perth make sure that you at some point visit northern WA, it will remain with you till you're dying day.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest tony&dee

Hi when we came on our reccie we got our accomodation from Stayz, we stayed in a place called Ocean Reef which is NOR with a couple called Hugh and Anne, they were fantastic and we have remained friends since we moved over, they were very helpfull, going above and behond what is required in a holiday rental, it was an apartment on top of there house with views of the ocean. If you book direct with them they will give you a discount, you can have a look at the advert on Stayz under Calypso retreat, ocean reef, if you need any more info I can give you the direct dial number.

Hi when we came on our reccie we got our accomodation from Stayz, we stayed in a place called Ocean Reef which is NOR with a couple called Hugh and Anne, they were fantastic and we have remained friends since we moved over, they were very helpfull, going above and behond what is required in a holiday rental, it was an apartment on top of there house with views of the ocean. If you book direct with them they will give you a discount, you can have a look at the advert on Stayz under Calypso retreat, ocean reef, if you need any more info I can give you the direct dial number.

Thanks for the info....:wubclub:

Had a look at the apartment & its for adults only :frown:

Guest guest17301

I found the lets perth site very good but no availability calender and due to the good prices all booked up....hopefully they will have something for you though Kel

Guest tony&dee
Thanks for the info....:wubclub:

Had a look at the apartment & its for adults only :frown:

Sorry, they have friends across the road who allow families but I dont know if they are available, they also advertise on Stayz, if you need me to get a number I can do a bit of searching.

I found the lets perth site very good but no availability calender and due to the good prices all booked up....hopefully they will have something for you though Kel

As suspected....They are fully booked in all propertys :frown:

Can I ask you all...How much would/did you spend per night for your short term rentals? :unsure:

Archived