457 processing times

Lexi

Guest MongooseB

Congrats Jay!

We received notification of our visa approvals on 7/7/11. All in all, from medicals on 20/6/11, it took just 12 working days to get our visas, and considering our visa applications were lodged 13/06/11, this is really good timing!

Hubby flies to Perth on 15/07/11, starts working on 18/07/11. Family to join in 2-3 months!

To everyone still waiting, hang in there. I know it feels like a lifetime, but when you get the news you will be shocked at how quickly things move and you'll be wishing you DID have a lifetime to get sorted!

Good luck everyone, and Perth, we'll see you soon!!!!:wink:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest asadns
I am please to say that apon checking my E-Mails this morning that my 457 visa has been approved.....i am so happy and a massive weight off.....just over 8 weeks!

Hello Jay,

Congrats!!!

Can u please share whether u submitted documents such as form 80, 1221, medicals at the time of application or later on from request of CO.

Can u please share your timeline.

I submitted my application on 7.7.11. Same day got request to submit form 80 n 1221, which i have done and attached to the application.

Thanks everyone!!

My Time line is as follows.....

05/05/2011 Application recieved - processing

23/05/2011 Application being processed

31/05/2011 Further information required

23/06/2011 Information recieved

13/07/2011 Visa Granted

The only Document i submitted were..copies of my passport, Aus driving licence, CV, referents letter, my medicare card (free) and my army service records (had to request these from the MOD so this is the gap between info required and recieved)

no medicals, no police checks.....just a long time waiting!!

I was on a working holiday visa and living in Perth when it was submitted then to a bridging visa while i waited!

Good luck to all thoughs waiting and hold tight.....i know how you feel...but when it does come though...its the best feeling in the world!!

Guest hmamoun
We have moved to :

15/06/2011 Application received - processing commenced

15/06/2011 Application fee received

14/07/2011 Application being processed further

Flights booked for 12th August.... please God it will go through...

Timeline is about 11 days to 12 weeks......

my case :

17/3/2011 Application received

8/4/2011 processed

5/5/2011 medical x-ray

8/6/2011 received medical

other case is been taken 48 hours

I am wwaittinggggggggg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:wacko:

Guest jmahood

Congratulations to all those who have recently got their visa's, it gives hope to the rest of us currently on the long, slow road of 'WAITING'! Here's to your new lives in Australia!! :hug::clown-cool::yellow_guy_smiling_

Guest kzaidi

HI All

I was nominated for sponsorship on 17th May, Medical on 18th May - Visa lodged on 10th June - Visa Approved on 14th July.......

So from Visa lodgement to Visa approval it took almost a bit more den a month.

Just a quick update. I chased my agent today and she has been advised that the minimum salary has now increased from the 1st July.

On the plus side at least I know my application has been looked at and now I just need to ask my boss for a payrise. Fingers crossed:err:

Timeline so far

Sponsorship lodged 20th May

Sponsorship approved 17th June

Nomination lodged 18th June

457 lodged 21st June

More information requested 6th July

Just a quick update:

More information sent 11th July

Nomination Approved 14th July

Any time now hopefully!

I know it feels like a lifetime, but when you get the news you will be shocked at how quickly things move and you'll be wishing you DID have a lifetime to get sorted!

Good luck everyone, and Perth, we'll see you soon!!!!:wink:

Hi Guys,

Mongoose is so right, you wait for ages then the visa is approved and the time then shoots by. We started telling friends and family after our 457 was approved at 7.00am on Tuesday (12 July) and I think that is the first time the phone has stopped ringing since.

There seems to be more movement this week so congrats to all who got Visas (Paisleylass, Saffainoz, Jay,etc) or "Processing Further" as even ours only took a week after that. Hopefully now that the 1st July deadline is passed the offices (especially Parramatta) will start to catch up.

Any news from Tony or JMahood?

Hope to hear from you all soon on the 'other side'. I think I'll have that bottle of beer

now that I promised myself on Tuesday! :biggrin:

Guest murph33

Hi Guys,

The time line on our application is: provided agent with documents and fee in March, Application lodged the 20th June, Visa granted the 12th July. Our agent is in Melbourne and I believe our application was prosessed in Melbourne.

Planning to fly out in October and looking like we will be heading to Adelade.:biggrin:

Guest chanurahemal
Does anyone know if visa applications are moving quickly out of the Melbourne office?

My visa application is for the Northern Territory and according to the website it will get processed in Melbourne. Any help please...

Hi

My one was processed by Melbourne office.

Sponsorship and Nomination approved 20/06/2011

Application approved 29/06/2011

my application was lodged 25/05/2011. i think Melbourne office is so fast comparing with others but not sure.but i am sure about that your one will be next.Good luck

Cheers

Guest penfold007

hello,

Everyone seems to be checking on their status, I did my application by post (i was told I had to) can you check on your status online if you did a postal application??? I received an email from immigration saying my application is being processed from the 8th July - sponsorship and nomination are all approved and health certificate along with police checks were sent with the application.

Like everyone else I am sitting around wet england waiting and waiting.........

Congrats all on visa!! Cool, one summer leads nicely into another one.

P.S. the 1st July 'thing' is just that they have changed the legislation re: points system and it has no bearing on anything to do with 457 visas.

Guest hmamoun

Application approved 15/07/2011:jiggy:

Spon. approved14/9/2010

nom. approved 8/2/2011

log 17/3/2011

CO 5/5/2011

Medical 8/6/2011

approved 15/7/2011

:laugh:

Guest jmahood
Hi Guys,

Any news from Tony or JMahood?

No news! :arghh: Status hasn't changed from application received - processing commenced. It's exactly 4 weeks and the status has remained the same. :skeptical:

No news! :arghh: Status hasn't changed from application received - processing commenced. It's exactly 4 weeks and the status has remained the same. :skeptical:

My status has only changed today after nearly 6 weeks! Today it has changed to - further processing commenced so hopefully will hear soon. Think its the worse wait of my life so far!

My Status as below,

24/06/2011 Application received - processing commenced Message

24/06/2011 Application fee received Message

12/07/2011 Application being processed further Message

12/07/2011 Health requirements finalised Message

still no movement from the 12th ;(

Archived