Irish People Perth Bound!!!!

Guest bcfrug

Hi there.Myself,Partner and son applied for the skilled migrant visa using Visa first.Its costing me a fortune but hopefully itll be worth it in the end.By the way im a toolmaker and could only go to WA(perth)where my skills are in demand.Good luck with it all!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the best of luck with your move - im sooo jealous. Thanks for info - we're going to make an appointment as soon as. How are your nerves holding up, you must be so excited

Guest Jadeanna

Hi All,

Myself and my Husband both 32, no children, from Dublin are hoping to head to Perth ASAP!!!

I have been offered an intra company transfer from our Dublin to our Perth branch. I work in a Freight Forwarding Company. My husband was a self employed plasterer, but had to cease trading in January 11 due to lack of work!!. He is now working in telecommunications just to help make ends meet.

My company have been approved as a SBS and are submitting the nomination part this week. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long. Would love to be in Perth before the end of the year.

Is anyone planning on selling their houses or renting them out? We have some prospective renters coming to view our house this Friday. But obviously we won't sign anything until the visa is granted.

I have relations in Perth and my aunty own's an Irish pub :@)

Good luck everyone x:happy_face_sticking

Guest Crosby Family

Hi Everyone,

after looking at previous threads regarding renting out your home, has anyone contacted there morgage company to say they are renting out their house and leaving the country? some say not to say anything but thats in england does anyone no what we should do ? or what has everyone else done.Any info would be great

M

Guest Jadeanna

Hi Crosby family.

With the interest rates going up and at the current rental rate in this country we will have to send back money to cover our mortgage.

I am organising a meeting with our lender to tell them we are leaving the Country to set up a new life and that we will be renting the house out. We are going to tell our lender how much rent we are likely to get on the house and ask if they can adjust our mortgage to match it. Either extend the term or change to interest only or put us on a fixed rate. At the end of the day we could just up and leave and post the keys back to them. But this is not the path we want to go down. I think the banks would rather adjust a mortgage then foreclose on it. Without getting myself into trouble I am going to try and play hardball with them and see what happens.

I don't think you have any obligation to tell your lender you are leaving and renting your house. As long as they are getting the monthly repayment.

You can rent your house out to the Council and sign a lease with them for 10/20 years. They will look after the maintanance and manage the property. And, it's gauranteed rent into your account, even if the tenants move out and they have to find new tenents. You just have to apply with your local Council and if they are looking for rental's in your area they will give you the forms.

If you log on to citizens advise websit they have a contact for free financial advisors. I have already sent them an email.

Best of luck to you.

Hi Kali, Where in Leinster are ya? We're a family of four too - Me 31 my husband 29 daughter 4 and son 1. Heading to Perth too, applied for a 176 in June and checkin the emails every day! When did you apply, How are the kids with it? My son is too young and my daughter doesn't really get it but we've told her all about it and keep mentioning it every now and then. The preparations are goin well, I think the worst is over. Its hard to plan when ya don't know. Where in Perth are ya looking to go to?

Hey will ya let me know how ya get on with your lenders. We will be renting out our place and are afraid to let them know. But like that, there will be a shortfall in the rent so would love to know what they say. They should accommodate ya though, like you said you could drop them in the keys and run...

Guest Crosby Family

Hi Jadeanna,

Thanks for you quick reply, we are still unsure what to do as we have a tracker mortgage. Like you we will have to send money back to top up our repayments. We have a couple we know who is anxious to rent our house for long term as they know they wont get a mortgage, so thats great for us.Let me know how you get on with your lender.

When you planning your move to OZ? were you gonna settle ?

We are hoping to move in November .

Thanks

M

Hi Kali, Where in Leinster are ya? We're a family of four too - Me 31 my husband 29 daughter 4 and son 1. Heading to Perth too, applied for a 176 in June and checkin the emails every day! When did you apply, How are the kids with it? My son is too young and my daughter doesn't really get it but we've told her all about it and keep mentioning it every now and then. The preparations are goin well, I think the worst is over. Its hard to plan when ya don't know. Where in Perth are ya looking to go to?

hi mm79,

Derek here,

We applied for the 176 back in feburary.Im a toolmaker, what does your husband do? The tra came back within 2 weeks.Got state sponsorship from wa a few weeks ago now have to get Irish police check done and an australian check done(was there 7 years ago)and medicals done in the mater private(570 euros for me,partner an son).All in all its not cheap but they tell me theres a deadline for july 20th for all the previous! Are ye in the same boat?Also i need a pile of cash lodged in oz before we go.I take it you know all this already so good luck with everything!:arghh:

Guest Crosby Family
hi mm79,

Derek here,

We applied for the 176 back in feburary.Im a toolmaker, what does your husband do? The tra came back within 2 weeks.Got state sponsorship from wa a few weeks ago now have to get Irish police check done and an australian check done(was there 7 years ago)and medicals done in the mater private(570 euros for me,partner an son).All in all its not cheap but they tell me theres a deadline for july 20th for all the previous! Are ye in the same boat?Also i need a pile of cash lodged in oz before we go.I take it you know all this already so good luck with everything!:arghh:

Hi Ditchcutter What do you mean by deadline for 20 July ? I rang the mater and they quoted me a lot more for the medicals for myself ,OH, and 12 yr old son. so i booked us with the panel doctor in cork.

Hi Ditchcutter What do you mean by deadline for 20 July ? I rang the mater and they quoted me a lot more for the medicals for myself ,OH, and 12 yr old son. so i booked us with the panel doctor in cork.

How much did you get it for in Cork?

Hi Derek,

My husband is a plumber, we applied for 176 WA in June. Not all going to leave together as the kids are too small to drag along. Kevin is going over on his own to get a job and a house and all. They seem to be processing the visas fairly fast tho. Can't wait to get out of here. I went in Sydney in 2004 and met Kevin in 2005, we came home then in 06, don't ask me why....!! But at least now we're not over there wondering what it's like to live at home. Where did you say you were migrating to? How long did it take to get the police checks from oz?

Hi Jadeanna,

Thanks for you quick reply, we are still unsure what to do as we have a tracker mortgage. Like you we will have to send money back to top up our repayments. We have a couple we know who is anxious to rent our house for long term as they know they wont get a mortgage, so thats great for us.Let me know how you get on with your lender.

When you planning your move to OZ? were you gonna settle ?

We are hoping to move in November .

Thanks

M

Heya, where in Kilkenny are ye?

Hi - is anyone travelling to the open event in the strand hotel limerick next wed, company called tr7 from Perth over to sign up people looking for work there - trades and nursing esp. We're going to check it out, not looking forward to drive though:wink:

hi mm79,

Derek here,

Hi Derek,

Can I be cheeky and ask how much you have to put in australian a/c, we're in very early stages and so far everything is quesswork, we're a family of 5 and i was guessing about 15,000 but dont know if thats way off the mark?:unsure:

Hi crosby family,

That could be because your son is 12 where mine wont be 3 till after we get oyr medicals done.Were they charging ye much more? My agent told me july 20th deadline but i told him i could only manage august at the earliest.He said that would be ok so he could tell this to my case officer in oz.maybe its to do with my occupation...

Guest boots
Hi kaz11,

I was told i had to lodge $40,000 in oz before i go,for a family of three. What agent are you using?im with visa first, HOPE IM NOT BEING CONNED!

Hey Ditchcutter,

We applied for a 176 visa and we did not have to put in $40,000 into an account. What type visa did you apply for?

Boots

Hey Ditchcutter,

We applied for a 176 visa and we did not have to put in $40,000 into an account. What type visa did you apply for?

Boots

Thanks for that - we're going to apply for 176 - i nearly had heart failure when i read 40,000 for family of three!!:err: We're really on tight budget, both currently out of work but trying to do everything we can to get the basic to get out of here. We don't have house to sell - gave back to bank few months ago, so we've nothing left here. Any advise re amount for family of 5 greatly appreciated.

Guest Crosby Family

Hi Ditchcutter, I cant rem exactly the price i was given for the mater it was around 900 euro corl works out at 150.00 per adult 120.00 per child and 85.00 for x rays with 60.00 for my son.We dont have a CO yet but i still booked in for 18 July cheeky i know but things seem to be moving fast with DIAC.Who is your agent? Where in Perth are you heading for?

M

Guest boots
Thanks for that - we're going to apply for 176 - i nearly had heart failure when i read 40,000 for family of three!!:err: We're really on tight budget, both currently out of work but trying to do everything we can to get the basic to get out of here. We don't have house to sell - gave back to bank few months ago, so we've nothing left here. Any advise re amount for family of 5 greatly appreciated.

Hi Kaz11,

are you with an agent? We had one consultation with Liz O'Hagan, (regiestered with MARA) She gave us all the details we needed to seek our visa solo, which we have done from the start, from Boots getting assessed by Victoria Uni, State Sponsorship and then lodging for visa online. (these were our only expenses $3500 roughly) The only thing we are waiting on is our medicals (€740) which are being done in Mater on 21st July, everything else has met their requirements. pm if you need any info

Becks

Hey Ditchcutter,

Boots

Hi Boots,

I applied for the 176 also.I had to be sponsored by WA and a condition is that i have to lodge 40 grand in an oz account before i go there.Only sent off for my oz police check today. If all goes well i mightbe there next spring which gives me time to save.Im with visa first,who did you use?

Archived