will the floods efect the exchange rate

plazze

They do appear to be devaluing the dollar.

I find it particularly sad that I will end up potentially getting a better rate due to peoples suffering and this huge disaster.. I would so much rather it was due to the normal government cock ups/The UK improving etc than this reason by a long shot.

I find it very hard to think, 'yes! the exchange is improving' when so much devastation is happening

Guest Stevebel

>I think that is the least of our worries dont you???

Nobody suggested otherwise. It's a perfectly valid question for this forum.

Perfectly valid question, as im sure many people are thinking the same thing, but are worried about posting such a question at this difficult time for fear of being beaten down!! There are many posters on PIO that have loved ones and friends that are suffering through these horrendous floods and may well think your question is a little selfish!

But Who knows what will happen regarding the exchange rate, just guess you will have to sit back and wait and see and watch to see how it changes over the next days, weeks or months, whilst spending some time thinking about all the people caught up in the QLD floods Remain safe!

Good question and only time will tell, I honestly think we have reached the bottom and the exchange rate will improve for people going to Oz.

Guest guest32776

The pound is improving, to some extent, on the possibility that interest rates will go up at the Bank of England meeting tonight to curb inflation. It's not only improving against the aussie dollar but across the board

The strong unemployment data from Oz released earlier today could put the AUS up against the British pound. In addition I don't think it's likely the Bank of England will raise interest rates. Too much risk that it'd slow down the UK recovery.

Guest guest32776

It is probable we have seen the bottom of sterling now as the market seems to be pricing in a reluctant interest rate rise for the third quarter 2011. Fingers crossed for all you 'exchangers' !

Personally ive given up worrying about it,cba anymore,wont go back to $2 to £,so balls to it,someone buy our hse!:arghh:
ill give you a fiver for it

Archived