The Definition Of 'Nice'

Guest guest37336

do you remember only fools and horses kat,when they dressed up as batman,and robin--well that basically describes me,and jim--hes 6/3,and im 5/8--also im a bit of a dell boy,and jim reminds me so much of rodney--got the picture:wink:we could have tony as trigger:jiggy:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest guest30038
I am who I am.

And that's all what I am..................I'm popeye the sailor man..................sorry! A bit of deja vu there :biggrin:

I think your level of mistrust of other people can sometimes dictate how nice you appear to others.

People who are wary, shy or assume others might be thinking bad of them tend to accidentally come across as gruff, stand offish, unfriendly or whatever.

And conversely we have all met those sort of people that it would be very hard for anyone to not find nice....those that seem to be naturally very open, friendly, modest and kind.

I think either sort of person can be a good person but the closer you are to type (a) the more you risk letting your own feelings become a self fulfilling prophesy.

That's funny, I'm shy and sometimes wary but no one has said I come across as unfriendly or standoffish, in fact a lot of people have said I'm the nicest/friendliest person they know (just wait til they see the other side to me tho :biglaugh:).

Guest guest36762
Are you saying that you aren't honest and have false niceness?

kev

"One of the worst things about life is not how nasty the nasty people are.You know that already. It is how nasty the nice people can be"

Anthony Powell,

Er, yeah

But at least I'm nice enough to admit it

Guest guest36762
As for on the forum....I am sure that some who come across as nice may not necessarily be good people and some who seem like good people do not always come across as being nice either.Am I one of the nice people?I doubt it but I would hope that I am not fooling myself by thinking I am a good person who wishes no ill will on anyone.

:notworthy:

Originally Posted by famousfive viewpost.gif

As for on the forum....I am sure that some who come across as nice may not necessarily be good people and some who seem like good people do not always come across as being nice either.Am I one of the nice people?I doubt it but I would hope that I am not fooling myself by thinking I am a good person who wishes no ill will on anyone.

:notworthy:

Agree, however must add that if "nice" means agreeing and not challenging a view then "nice" has no place on a forum. Forums are for different views whether we like them or not and whether people agree with us or not. Forums get us to think of different approaches to life, different views, they broaden our minds.

Have to add that just because e do not agree at times or have different non nice views does not mean we are not nice and I personally have no dislike for anyone on the forum even if they do not agree with me.

My own take on being nice is something we can't proclaim ourselves. It's up to others to judge. My reckoning being that nice is something we strive towards. It's not only measured in acts from before, but in the acts of today, tomorrow, next month and so on. We can say we will try to be nice or want to be nice, but for me, something doesn't sit right in being told by a person they are nice. That's up to myself and others to judge. By all means don't stop trying to be or wanting to be nice, just acknowledge that being nice is always a work in progress.

Guest siamsusie
well a rekon am a nice guy , today a went roon te ma mother inlaws and sorted her lead flashing , shes 79 and as sharp as a tac but canna climb a ledder , so am ma nice for deing at? a did it for nout anaw

I dont think there is a bad bone in your body Stevie Ellis:wink: x

That's funny, I'm shy and sometimes wary but no one has said I come across as unfriendly or standoffish, in fact a lot of people have said I'm the nicest/friendliest person they know (just wait til they see the other side to me tho :biglaugh:).

Yeah I agree - don't think everyone who is shy or wary comes across this way - more the other way around - people who appear unfriendly can sometimes just be shy or wary or paranoid about what others think. Some shy people appear really sweet natured - it really depends on your body language and awareness of others I guess. I would put you as second nicest person just behind pablo :biglaugh:

Archived