Category 4- how long will it be

Team Rennolds

Guest cherise
Hi Cherise,

She has confirmed that her application was as a primary school teacher, in the 175 Independent GSM visa class. I've been bothering her with the same questions for days now, I think she is really get fed up with me!! :embarrassed:

HOWEVER, I have asked her (one final time) to double check with her migration agent that they didn't change her occupation or visa to a SMP, although I find it hard to imagine that they would have done this without her consent.

I doubt they can do it because it would be a completely new skills assessment I assume!! Maybe there might be something with the SMP because I was cat 4 and recently been pushed up to cat 2 because i am an off list nomination with wa.

Shame i feel your pain, you are only being a messenger and you are being questioned so much, But good on your for sharing the info, I feel its good to have hope and remain positive!!! :wink:

Best of luck

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RobynD
I doubt they can do it because it would be a completely new skills assessment I assume!! Maybe there might be something with the SMP because I was cat 4 and recently been pushed up to cat 2 because i am an off list nomination with wa.

Shame i feel your pain, you are only being a messenger and you are being questioned so much, But good on your for sharing the info, I feel its good to have hope and remain positive!!! :wink:

Best of luck

Good point, Cherise. It would have required a new skills assessment etc, so that can't be the case. I know that she didn't nominate any particular state, but if she had, it would have been NSW. I don't think teacher, either primary or pre-primary is on their SMP - so I'm not sure how that would have worked.

What is the deal with the off list sponsorship? Is that for people who applied for SS and their profession was subsequently removed from the list the following year?

Cheers,

Robz

I can see negativity in some of the posts above which I assume is natural with the way DIAC is dealing with all of us. But having said that there is nothing wrong in 'hoping' and keeping a positive attitude. This is what, in my opinion, is this forum all about, helping each other out with whatever you could.

I might sound rude but in reality, there is no point migrating to a new country when you already have some much of negative feelings for it. And secondly, if I am dreaming then let it be, at least I am happy and looking forward to something.

Just my two cents.

I can see negativity in some of the posts above which I assume is natural with the way DIAC is dealing with all of us. But having said that there is nothing wrong in 'hoping' and keeping a positive attitude. This is what, in my opinion, is this forum all about, helping each other out with whatever you could.

I might sound rude but in reality, there is no point migrating to a new country when you already have some much of negative feelings for it. And secondly, if I am dreaming then let it be, at least I am happy and looking forward to something.

Just my two cents.

Well said and I agree with you. I don't know if it's the anxiety about migration that's causing people to be so nasty or what. I have a feeling that I am being asked to contribute here, asked questions and then some hotheaded person walks all over my posts.

Sincerely pointing out, I am trying to help out here as much as possible with what I know but some people are just adding more confusion by asking lots of questions, not adding enough definitive information and being very sparing on acknowledgement too. A few words of 'thanks' here and there would do. Sorry but that's not how I roll. If you are having a bad day, go do something else and come back later. Just want to get that off my chest.

Guest majorie c
Well said and I agree with you. I don't know if it's the anxiety about migration that's causing people to be so nasty or what. I have a feeling that I am being asked to contribute here, asked questions and then some hotheaded person walks all over my posts.

Sincerely pointing out, I am trying to help out here as much as possible with what I know but some people are just adding more confusion by asking lots of questions, not adding enough definitive information and being very sparing on acknowledgement too. A few words of 'thanks' here and there would do. Sorry but that's not how I roll. If you are having a bad day, go do something else and come back later. Just want to get that off my chest.

Maybe some couldnt accept the "fact" that some newer applications got approval faster than the older one......

Guest stayer
Maybe some couldnt accept the "fact" that some newer applications got approval faster than the older one......

You have to distinguish between different categories regarding the speed of application processing.

This is Cat 4 thread and it is unlikely that Cat 4 is being processed at the moment. We can analyze those cases who say they slipped thru, were Cat 4 and were processed. I personally think they are scam and wish they were not.

Look at verifiable facts and live in reality instead of getting lost in false hope. At the end, the reality matters.

Guest majorie c
You have to distinguish between different categories regarding the speed of application processing.

This is Cat 4 thread and it is unlikely that Cat 4 is being processed at the moment. We can analyze those cases who say they slipped thru, were Cat 4 and were processed. I personally think they are scam and wish they were not.

Look at verifiable facts and live in reality instead of getting lost in false hope. At the end, the reality matters.

Why they do it? What they can get out of it?

Guest stayer
You mention about the scam?

It is hard to answer your question without having my post removed by the moderator. Or are you one of them?

Please do not move attention away from the Cat 4 application being processed or not. We have in total one unverifiable case where someone says his friend was told by her agent that she would get her visa.

That someone is trying to make us believe that Cat 4 is being processed based on this unverifiable unlikely-to-be-true information.

Lets discuss real evidence, shall we?

You mention about the scam?

@Majorie C

I'm on my way to unsubscribing from this thread but I will share two options that you can take to find out more information on Cat4 applications:

1) The verifiable source in this case is official communique from DIAC. You can access it by sending a blank e-mail to gsm.information@immi.gov.au

It shows only information about Cat2 and Cat3 and nothing on Cat4 --- which means Cat4 is not being processed. DIAC is a big organization with lots of humans, sometimes mistakes happen and those not supposed to be processed get their visas (happened before).

2) Call DIAC yourself and ask, "Are Cat4s being processed?" and they'll give you an answer.

That should end all this speculation. I know some people want to believe things are happening but please...just read the what comes from DIAC instead of asking and then arguing on this thread.

Problem solved everyone. Goodbye!

@Majorie C

I'm on my way to unsubscribing from this thread but I will share two options that you can take to find out more information on Cat4 applications:

1) The verifiable source in this case is official communique from DIAC. You can access it by sending a blank e-mail to gsm.information@immi.gov.au

It shows only information about Cat2 and Cat3 and nothing on Cat4 --- which means Cat4 is not being processed. DIAC is a big organization with lots of humans, sometimes mistakes happen and those not supposed to be processed get their visas (happened before).

2) Call DIAC yourself and ask, "Are Cat4s being processed?" and they'll give you an answer.

That should end all this speculation. I know some people want to believe things are happening but please...just read the what comes from DIAC instead of asking and then arguing on this thread.

Problem solved everyone. Goodbye!

I agree, I have been in the process now since Nov 08 and seen plenty of things and changes, in my experiance in the past we have seen one or two get a visa when it hasn't been their turn guess they just slip through the net you can discuss this as much as you want but come up with the same answer their isn't one.

As for Cat 4 this is where i find myself DIAC have said, as i have posted on here before that they may start to look at these in July 2011 the new financial year, we know they are up to date with Cat2 and now processing Cat 3 June 2009 these are facts so lets hope that they don't get a flood of application or the new points system that may be put in place will be nagative on us.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Tania:biggrin:

I agree, I have been in the process now since Nov 08 and seen plenty of things and changes, in my experiance in the past we have seen one or two get a visa when it hasn't been their turn guess they just slip through the net you can discuss this as much as you want but come up with the same answer their isn't one.

As for Cat 4 this is where i find myself DIAC have said, as i have posted on here before that they may start to look at these in July 2011 the new financial year, we know they are up to date with Cat2 and now processing Cat 3 June 2009 these are facts so lets hope that they don't get a flood of application or the new points system that may be put in place will be nagative on us.

Hey Tania,

This could be a good news for u that some of the 175 applicants in category 4 have got the visa recently. This according to some member here, which is hard to believe. But on the other hand so many 175 applicants in category 3 are asked to upload medical and PCC. So this could be a good news for u atleast. Anyways can only speculate until got something from DIAC..

Cat 3 till June 2009 means more than a year and a half worth of cat 3 to go before cat 4 starts. I dont think they will be able to process that many by June 2011. The only hope is that they set aside a quota for us which I dont think they want to.

Cat 3 till June 2009 means more than a year and a half worth of cat 3 to go before cat 4 starts. I dont think they will be able to process that many by June 2011. The only hope is that they set aside a quota for us which I dont think they want to.

Take a look at Cat 3 front page their isn't that many also DIAC seem to think its possible that they may get to look at Cat 4 in the new fianacial year their words not mine.

Regards Tania

Hey Tania,

This could be a good news for u that some of the 175 applicants in category 4 have got the visa recently. This according to some member here, which is hard to believe. But on the other hand so many 175 applicants in category 3 are asked to upload medical and PCC. So this could be a good news for u atleast. Anyways can only speculate until got something from DIAC..

Hi virtual_bajwa,

Lets hope we all get some good news soon!!!

Tania

Guest bindog1uk

Just to let you peeps know that Paulintrigg, first one's for August 09 have now got CO's for Cat 3's, don't loose hope, there's not a lot in Cat 3, will soon be your turn.:biggrin::biggrin:

:wink:Lesley

Just to bring everyone back down to earth with a great big bang - have you seen the exchange rate today??? £1 equals A$ 1.5636. How bad is that!!! Fingers crossed it will improve eventually. Otherwise, when I finally get to Oz I will have to live in a Tent for what any English £s will be worth.

FYI

Trading with fire

Archived