Category 4- how long will it be

Team Rennolds

Guest RobynD

Moto, they DO need teachers, just not primary school teachers. As I understand it, secondary school teachers (in the maths & science fields) are highly in demand, as are pre-primary school teachers.

I don't think it's the case that they DIAC "don't give a damn" about who they want to come to Oz. In actual fact, I think it goes to show how closely (and carefully) they monitor the skills that they need. I think that is fair enough.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest stayer
Just keeping the thread alive to see if we have any more Cat 4 applicants who recently got their CO..

Be real. Cat 4 are not processed yet.

Guest stayer
Just keeping the thread alive to see if we have any more Cat 4 applicants who recently got their CO..

Thins about a way to make it move instead of waiting in false hope!

Was wondering about putting up togetter a billboard need a busy road and start asinkg questions. How about something like that?

Was wondering about putting up togetter a billboard need a busy road and start asinkg questions. How about something like that?

@Stayer, can't you move to Cat3? What's your occupation?

There has been another riot at detention centre on Christmas Island last night.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/police-fire-on-christmas-island-rioters-as-detention-centre-burns-20110318-1bzkm.html

Would you like to join them? From what i understand you are onshore.

Regards,

MOTO

Guest stayer
@Stayer, can't you move to Cat3? What's your occupation?

I can move only if I work as Construction project manager, I have 3y+ work experience as Management Consultant, recently confirmed by Vetassess (in preparation for 856). Currently trying to find out if I can covert my 885 application.

In the real life, I am very IT oriented consultant and currently preparing for Cisco certification. Bad luck I have never studied IT.

Anyway something is rotten in the state od Denmark, I hardly notice Cat 3 who are getting their visa to have a current job any near of their nominated occupation.

I am currently looking for a wife with Australian passport :laugh:

Guest stayer
There has been another riot at detention centre on Christmas Island last night.

Christmas Island Riot | Asylum Seekers Set Detention Centre Alight

Would you like to join them? From what i understand you are onshore.

Regards,

MOTO

I don't want to join them, because their conditions are terrible!!!! They have to wait up to 2 months!!! to get their PR!! And to be honest, my 3 tertiary degress (2 uni Masters) are nowere near their education levels. I honesly don't think I can match their contribution to Australia.

So sorry, I am not joing them. They treat them as animals (can you imagine to wait 2 months for PR?????)

I don't want to join them, because their conditions are terrible!!!! They have to wait up to 2 months!!! to get their PR!! And to be honest, my 3 tertiary degress (2 uni Masters) are nowere near their education levels. I honesly don't think I can match their contribution to Australia.

So sorry, I am not joing them. They treat them as animals (can you imagine to wait 2 months for PR?????)

He means 2 years, not months. Anyway, if you get a chance watch Baraka on Blu-Ray.

Anyway something is rotten in the state od Denmark, I hardly notice Cat 3 who are getting their visa to have a current job any near of their nominated occupation.

I am currently looking for a wife with Australian passport :laugh:

I don't follow you. What Denmark has got to do with CAT3 processing?

Do you live in Denmark?

Regards,

MOTO

Yeah, I also thought he was from Bundia.

Bundia or not, I am finding it difficult to follow his thoughts.

Regards,

MOTO

Guest stayer
Yeah, I also thought he was from Bundia.

Guys, read some Shakespeare and you won't be asking questions like this. :wink:

Guest RobynD
Be real. Cat 4 are not processed yet.

Stayer, thanks for your insightful comments, but until you have evidence to support your theory that Cat 4 are DEFINITELY not being processed, then I am going to support the opposite view, given that I have some evidence of that...

Cheers,

Robyn

Guest RobynD

Thanks Zone.

Have you done anymore digging to try and find any other Category 4's? I've been keeping an eye on the Category 2 and 3 threads, and it looks as though visa's are being granted every day, so the CO's are definitely making progress.

Also, do you - or anyone else for that matter - know approximately how many Category 4 applicants there are?

Cheers,

Robyn

Thanks Zone.

Have you done anymore digging to try and find any other Category 4's? I've been keeping an eye on the Category 2 and 3 threads, and it looks as though visa's are being granted every day, so the CO's are definitely making progress.

Also, do you - or anyone else for that matter - know approximately how many Category 4 applicants there are?

Cheers,

Robyn

I think there are about 40-50,000 at least since Cat2 is negligible and Cat 3 is now being processed. Cat4 might start being processed this year according to what DIAC said.

Guest RobynD

Thanks Reg. I remember reading somewhere that there was something like 120 000 outstanding GSM visa's last year. That seems extremely high!

By the way, I assume you are category 4 too? What visa are you applying for and when did you apply?

Thanks Reg. I remember reading somewhere that there was something like 120 000 outstanding GSM visa's last year. That seems extremely high!

By the way, I assume you are category 4 too? What visa are you applying for and when did you apply?

I think the overall figure is about 90-100,000. I'm applying for 885 and will be (hopefully) moving to Cat3. I applied in 3/2010.

Guest RobynD

By "overall" do you mean all Cat 2, 3 and 4? In your previous email you said 40-50 000 - is that for Category 4 alone?

How are you transferring to Category 3 - is your occupation on a SMP?

By "overall" do you mean all Cat 2, 3 and 4? In your previous email you said 40-50 000 - is that for Category 4 alone?

How are you transferring to Category 3 - is your occupation on a SMP?

By overall, yes I mean for everything that has been on the backlog since the last 3 years. It's not a big figure if you consider that 170,000 people will be taken in each year from July of this year. So i'm guessing the 40-50k is the group left behind who are not in any of the other Cats.

Typical Cat2 has less than Cat3 which in turn has less than Cat4, buy because the backlog is so long and the category system is new many have been allocated into Cat4 - they were previously not labeled as this.

Archived