Destiny - Do we make it happening or does it come to us?

B1K3R

We are a couple of kilos over with our luggages :huh:

Our boxes have been shipped a few weeks ago and we didn't realize we had left so many things behind! So, we had to remove many things from our luggage and were a bit stressed about it...

So today we were at a restaurant and met an old friend of mine. Guess what? He works with the airline we are going to fly with next Wednesday and he will be the check in guy!!

"No worries mate", he said. "Just get your luggages, as many as you want, but don't overload them" :cute:

So, problem solved. No more stress. I hadn't met this guy for ages!

Destiny....do we make it happen or does it come to us? At times, I am persistent with my goals, determined, do research, plan, network...and it seems that I make my own destiny.

At times I feel it comes it me. :laugh:

Either? Or? Combination of both? What's your say? :unsure:

Cheers

B!K3R :smile:

Guest siamsusie

Agreed Biker, I am a firm believer of making our own destiny/luck/positive thinking.... call it what you may....

Now that is a nice bit of luck that has come your way, just enjoy watching the numerous cases going through at no extra cost:tongue: and enjoy your travel to this great land....

Bon Voyage!

love Susie x

Agreed Biker, I am a firm believer of making our own destiny/luck/positive thinking.... call it what you may....

Now that is a nice bit of luck that has come your way, just enjoy watching the numerous cases going through at no extra cost:tongue: and enjoy your travel to this great land....

Bon Voyage!

love Susie x

Thanks Susie :cute:

It's amazing how things are falling in their place nicely and the puzzle being completed. :yes:

Cheers

B!K3R

Hi BIK3R,

Nice one sorting extra freebie weight allowance. I am having this problem too. Have way too much stuff to fit into my pathetic 20kg weight allowance. :arghh:. So annoying. Do I prioritise shoes or bags? SUCH big decisions.... :biggrin:.

As for the Destiny question, well, I think its a mixture of making your own luck and receiving a little help and good fortune along the way. Oh, and being able to identify that not everything is going badly (if thats the case) but being able to focus on the positives.

Guest guest37336

Hi mate.

A firm believer in destiny to an extent, but as you well know I don't think it is as easy as that. No matter what we do I 'think' that book we spoke about comes into play, the end result of our plans etc may well be what we 'expected' but along the way each turn of the page has influenced us to a degree.

How many times do we plan, and plan again for certain eventualities, only to find that we are surprised at what faces us. BUT, the end result turns out how we first envisaged. It's like coming to a fork in the road, if we take one path our experiences will be totally different to the ones we would experienced if we had taken the other fork, but the end result is the same.

Your baggage issues are a prime example mate. I bet you were thinking how, when, how much and can I get them through customs, then up pops your mate and you have a solution. Circumstance may have changed, but the end result is your bags will still find their way to Australia, (hopefully). OK, by a slightly different means, but all the same the end result IS the same.

No idea what I'm talking about mate, again, as I have one eye on the cricket as well.:biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Hi mate.

A firm believer in destiny to an extent, but as you well know I don't think it is as easy as that. No matter what we do I 'think' that book we spoke about comes into play, the end result of our plans etc may well be what we 'expected' but along the way each turn of the page has influenced us to a degree.

How many times do we plan, and plan again for certain eventualities, only to find that we are surprised at what faces us. BUT, the end result turns out how we first envisaged. It's like coming to a fork in the road, if we take one path our experiences will be totally different to the ones we would experienced if we had taken the other fork, but the end result is the same.

Your baggage issues are a prime example mate. I bet you were thinking how, when, how much and can I get them through customs, then up pops your mate and you have a solution. Circumstance may have changed, but the end result is your bags will still find their way to Australia, (hopefully). OK, by a slightly different means, but all the same the end result IS the same.

No idea what I'm talking about mate, again, as I have one eye on the cricket as well.:biglaugh:

I think you might be trying to say that things have a tendency to work out for the best in the end, and that no amount of worrying and stressing will change the outcome? Or something like that....:wubclub:

Guest guest37336
I think you might be trying to say that things have a tendency to work out for the best in the end, and that no amount of worrying and stressing will change the outcome? Or something like that....:wubclub:

Yep Kat, that was what I was trying to say, fecking long winded again though.:mad::embarrassed::biglaugh:

I am seriously thinking about posting in ancient Cantonese from now on, as ONE of their symbols counts for four or five words in our language.:embarrassed::biglaugh: thus resulting in shorter posts from me.:embarrassed:

Guest mandy1970

I wish I had met your mate!!!

We shipped our stuff over about 5 weeks ahead of us leaving thinking we were super organised.

The day we left we dumped a load of stuff and thought we were a bit over on weight with the least we could take.

Roll on check in and our excess was more than our shipping!!!!

If I had to do it again I would get shipping in the day before we left.

Oh well...........we live and learn!

Guest Noodle

I agree positive thinking, hit the ground running and go with the flow. No, things do not always go to plan but, they will be the minor things in a grand scheme! Stress at the time, sort and move on. (says me that has been stressing about accomodation!!!) Best wishes Leila xxx

I agree positive thinking, hit the ground running and go with the flow. No, things do not always go to plan but, they will be the minor things in a grand scheme! Stress at the time, sort and move on. (says me that has been stressing about accomodation!!!) Best wishes Leila xxx

Its so easy to say isn't it Leila but I agree with you totally. Hope your accommodation issues sort themselves out soon. :hug:

Kat

x

Guest sh7t man no way

you determine your own destiny in my book mate--and anything that might change your destiny you have to plan for ajust to,and carry on with the determination of your own destiny:wubclub:

I'm stunned!

So, we did not sell our house but put it up for rent 2 months ago. 1 viewing 2 weeks ago and another one today. Baah...not much, the renting market is so bad here.

Anyway, so the agent brought this guys today, I tried to read his expressions (Like Dr. Lightman of Lie To Me :biglaugh:) .....nothing, it seemed like that this guy had botox! Spent about 10 mins going around the house and they left.

Darn, I said to my wife, forget it then. We will not rent it. So we left the house to do some errands and after an hour we passed by our house on the way to somewhere else...

A voice spoke to me..."Dude, where is your mobile?"

I told him..."In my pocket mate".

He said..."Dude, go and get it...you forgot it home".

I replied..."Shut up man, its in my pocket".

And he replied back..."Dude! It's at your home and its ringing!".

Damn it, then after his insistence I checked and it was true, my mobile was not there. I turned to my wife and told her, lets head home, I forgot my mobile.

So, we arrived, I opened the door....the mobile was ringing, goose bumps followed, I answered and it was the agent.

"Hi Mr B!K3R, the guy accepted your offer, he loved your house, can you come tomorrow to sign the contract for 1 year?" :wideeyed:

It took me around 5 minutes to tell my wife what had happened and that our house has been rented.......1 day before we leave..bullocks!

I guess OZ wants me really bad :biglaugh:

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest mikka711

Lol B!k3r that is sooooo freaky/cool/amazing! Well done, what a weight off your mind!!!:jiggy: Good luck and Godspeed to Oz:v_SPIN:

Archived