new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Hey firefly,

I know that Armandra applied for the PCC and received it the same day. This was 1-2 weeks ago and if I remember correctly it was in Hyderabad or Bangalore. Just contact Armandra for details ...

Cheerio

Uli

Thanks Uli for putting in a good word about my whereabouts :wink:

firefly,

Here's the procedure for getting a PCC:

Fill up Form 2 and two (three if the current address is different from that on the passport) set of Personal Particulars Form (PP Form) and submit your original passport along with your current address proof (if the address on passport is different). And I guess, every RPO has it's own turn around time. I applied at RPO, Hyderabad and got it the same day.

You need to go here and select your RPO and then read the process: http://passport.gov.in/

You'll get the PP Form here: http://passport.gov.in/pms/Police%20Clearance%20Certificate.htm

Here's the info from Hyderabad RPO: http://www.ap.nic.in/passport/FAQ.htm

Wishing you good luck!

armandra!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heya Maties (and Captain Uli)

I feel truly honoured to let you guys and gals know that my visa has been approved!

Woooohooooooooooooooooooooo!! :jiggy:

Uli, thanks a ton for running this wonderful thread and being so patient for answering all the queries and being there for all of us throughout this long and stressful process.

BTW, Vic rocks!!!! :hug:

I wanna thank each and everyone on this thread (VickyMel in particular and others on PIO) who has directly or indirectly contributed/prayed/wished/helped me in getting Vic SS and the visa. I owe you one guys!!

armandra!

Guest Mongobear

I feel truly honoured to let you guys and gals know that my visa has been approved!

Uli, thanks a ton for running this wonderful thread and being so patient for answering all the queries and being there for all of us throughout this long and stressful process.

I wanna thank each and everyone on this thread (VickyMel in particular and others on PIO) who has directly or indirectly contributed/prayed/wished/helped me in getting Vic SS and the visa. I owe you one guys!!

armandra!

Fanatastic news armandra. A (more or less) long journey has come to an end. I know what this visa means to you so I am extraordinarily happy that you finally got it. Thanks a lot for your contribution to the PIO and especially to this thread. Your answers have always been very helpful to the others and this is really much appreciated. Enjoy your new life in Victoria mate !

Bestest of luck for the future

Uli

HI

Is there someone who was nominates/sponsored by any state but due to long wait their category was removed from the state plan (SMP)...

I want to know what happened after that ???????

their CATEGORY changes? their apllication REFUSED? need to apply for any other state (SMP)? or else.....

Guest harshal

armandra!

Armandra,

Seriously u rock man!!

it's like i was ahead of u in applying visa.

Now I am still at PCC and u won the battle.

Congrats!! and wish u best of luck for your future.

and someday we will meet somewhere in Vic.

Armandra,

Seriously u rock man!!

it's like i was ahead of u in applying visa.

Now I am still at PCC and u won the battle.

Congrats!! and wish u best of luck for your future.

and someday we will meet somewhere in Vic.

And like all battles we've had our casualties...

armandra!

Thats awesome news comrade:hug: ......(Got to know by your PM btw)...God bless and I am happy for you,Uli ,Yoyo and everyone...True Vickings :notworthy:

congratulations-graphics201.gif

Wish you a good life in Mel...God bless

regards

Retd. Veteran VIC

Big Bob

Congratulations Armandra :smile: you really earned it. You are a really dedicated achiever. :fish: it's time now to relax, take your breath, enjoy the moment, sort your ideas and arrange for a new page in your life :fish: exciting isn't it? :biggrin:

Wish you all the best :hug:

Hi All

we have ss for Victoria but my husband is finding more jobs elsewhere.

Our agent does not think it will be a problem as the visa is un restricted.

if he can't find work in Victoria is it ok to live and work in another state?

sorry if its been asked before

thanks julie:biggrin:

Guest Mongobear
Hi All

we have ss for Victoria but my husband is finding more jobs elsewhere.

Our agent does not think it will be a problem as the visa is un restricted.

if he can't find work in Victoria is it ok to live and work in another state?

sorry if its been asked before

thanks julie:biggrin:

Hi Julie,

I have seen quite a few posts asking that question and the answer has always been pretty much the same: it's a moral, not a legal obligation to go to the sponsoring state. My opinion (I am not a lawyer): Since you resp. hubby have signed the declaration (a contract) it is actually kind of a legal obligation BUT I have never ever heard or read somewhere that any state has undertaken some kind of legal action against one of their sponsored migrants. So at the end it is up to you where you go as long as you can live with the bad conscience :policeman::wink:

:hug:

Uli

Hi Julie,

I have seen quite a few posts asking that question and the answer has always been pretty much the same: it's a moral, not a legal obligation to go to the sponsoring state. My opinion (I am not a lawyer): Since you resp. hubby have signed the declaration (a contract) it is actually kind of a legal obligation BUT I have never ever heard or read somewhere that any state has undertaken some kind of legal action against one of their sponsored migrants. So at the end it is up to you where you go as long as you can live with the bad conscience :policeman::wink:

:hug:

Uli

Hi

Its not a matter of living with a bad conscience, Victoria is our first choice we do want to live there, since receiving our visa and really looking for employment Victoria is proving to be difficult for him.But hay its early days!!

thanks

julie :biggrin:

:jiggy:Hi All,

We've got it, We're in. Melbourne here we come!!!! Thanks for all of your help, it all began here :):hug:

cpm

Guest Baazighar

We've got it, We're in. Melbourne here we come!!!! Thanks for all of your help, it all began here :):hug:

cpm

Congrats Mate :wubclub:

Guest Mongobear

cpm

Congrats cpm :wubclub:. When will yo be leaving?

Cheerio

Uli

Congrats cpm :wubclub:. When will yo be leaving?

Cheerio

Uli

Hi Uli,

Thankyou, we are hoping to visit in Feb 2012 to validate and look into everything....

:smile: Fantastic thread thankyou!

cpm

Guest Mongobear
Uli and all other VIC comrades...

I have news for you..Your retired (forcefully) VIC veteran is now hired by the capital city:laugh:... I got ACT sponsorship mates :-)

regards

Big Bob

VIC Veteran :wink:

Well done Big Chief ! It took quite a while, didn't it? So you're now intending to stay in the ACT for 2 years? What about wifey? So many questions . Congrats again buddy !

Well done Big Chief ! It took quite a while, didn't it? So you're now intending to stay in the ACT for 2 years? What about wifey? So many questions . Congrats again buddy !

Hey Uli,

Thanks buddy...Wait is all fair in love and war... Yes Canberra is my new home destination now...Dentist wifey will be moving out to ACT in dec after her post grad and will join me there provided she clears:cute:...I am buffering 4-5 months from now...cheers !

Bob

Guest cdchaplin

Name: cdchaplin

Date of SMP application: 23/08/2011

Trade/profession: nurse

Nationality: uk

IELTS (if applicable): 8.5

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments: now wait begins!!

Guest Mongobear
Name: cdchaplin

Date of SMP application: 23/08/2011

Trade/profession: nurse

Nationality: uk

IELTS (if applicable): 8.5

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments: now wait begins!!

Hey Colette,

many thanks for adding your details. Unfortunately I have to say that I decided not to continue this thread since I'll be leaving to OZ in some months and won't have much time to look after it.

I think it's time for a brand new "VIC SMP - class of 2011/2012" thread. Maybe you're the one to open it :wink: .

Thanks to all participants that helped me not getting insane in that migration-rollercoaster.

Colette, sorry again and best of luck for your VIC-application (we didn't have a single nurse which has been refused, so you should be pretty safe).

Uli

Guest VickyMel

Thanks Uli

You had a great run on the thread. Us old thread bearers have to move to Melbourne eventually :biggrin:

3 weeks in and I'm loving it.

For those of you thinking about running the new VIC thread - look at the odds - the two of us that ran it both have Visas - so its got to be worth it!

Looking forward to meeting you and your family Uli. I paddled in the bay yesterday!

Vicky (previous Sgt :policeman: of the old VIC thread retired)

Guest Mongobear
Thanks Uli

You had a great run on the thread. Us old thread bearers have to move to Melbourne eventually :biggrin:

3 weeks in and I'm loving it.

For those of you thinking about running the new VIC thread - look at the odds - the two of us that ran it both have Visas - so its got to be worth it!

Looking forward to meeting you and your family Uli. I paddled in the bay yesterday!

Vicky (previous Sgt :policeman: of the old VIC thread retired)

Hey Vicky,

great to see you finally arrived and even better to read that you enjoy it. Any news on the job-front and where is the arrival-report :chatterbox: :chatterbox: :wink: ?

Cheerio

Uli

Archived