new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest harshal

Hi All,

I am so pleased to announce that day before yesterday morning I checked my e-mails and I saw surprising/unexpected email which really thrilled me like anything!!

Till now, you would have understood that I am talking about non other than "Grant Letter".

My process started in Feb 2010 when I first applied ACS. There were lot of hiccups in the process and at one point I felt that I should leave in between and let it be!!

The only major issue I found in entire process was my PCC for India as well as Singapore. It was really tiring and cumbersome.

Anyways, whatever happiness I felt now, it is nowhere to compare with my trouble which I faced during entire visa process for 176 SS (For Victoria).

My First entry date is before 13th July 2012. Hence, I have sufficient time to prepare mindset and other things.

If any one of you guys need more info. on any thing, feel free to contact me here.

Special thanks to Mongobear....and other sr. members of forum.

Regards,

Harshal.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mongobear
I think that the passports give you an automatic level - not sure what level that is - best to check that it is level 7 or above if you need that for your occupation for the DIAC side of things.

Cos if like Uli's quote states you must get IELTS level 6 unless you hold xyz passports - you should check that having those passports does not just give you a level 6 equivalent?

Sorry not sure if that makes sense but I know many UK passport holders still do the IELTS to get a higher score. Might be worth putting the query on the main migration forum to attract a larger audience.

Hi Vicky,

Nice to see you're still here (although it is most probably me who's around very rarely :wink:). I hope you still enjoy Melbourne and did not regret this step.

Coming to the passports afaik they are equivalent to an IELTS 6. Passport-holders that are sitting the IELTS though do this to gain extra points (to crack the passmark).

Nowadays you don't get a single point if you're English, American, Canadian or whatever. The only benefit is that you don't have to sit the test. Back in the old system it gave you 15 points if you were holding one of these passports. These old rules should also apply to AC's case since his application is from 200x.

Cheerio

Uli

Guest Mongobear
Hi All,

I am so pleased to announce that day before yesterday morning I checked my e-mails and I saw surprising/unexpected email which really thrilled me like anything!!

[...]

Special thanks to Mongobear....and other sr. members of forum.

Regards,

Harshal.

Fantastic news harshal. Congratulations on your grant and I wish you all the best for your new life.

Guest Mongobear
Where is Armendra these days?

No replies from his side.

He has already left for Melbourne some months ago and is currently on the jobhunt. It's alright with him, we're in regular contact. :cute:

Guest harshal

Can you pls PM me his e-mail id or contact details?

Also can you pls share how does he find there and what is his feelings about Melborne?

Guest Mongobear
Can you pls PM me his e-mail id or contact details?

Also can you pls share how does he find there and what is his feelings about Melborne?

According to this he's last been active here yesterday so just drop him a PM. :yes:

Guest auzzycrazzy

Thanks so much Uli and VickyMel for your help, I really appriciate it.

I have few questions,

1) Will my 176 Family sponsored application(Sponsor is from NSW) go against me since my sponsor lives in NSW?

2) My occupation is (Computer professionals NEC), do I need to provide a new skills assessment to victoria or DIAC?

3) Say, Victoria doesn't ask for a new skills assessment and if I get through Victoria SS, will DIAC ask me a new assessment?

Thanks in advance guys.

Guest Mongobear

1) Will my 176 Family sponsored application(Sponsor is from NSW) go against me since my sponsor lives in NSW?

VIC doesn't like sponsorships from other states. It could happen that VIC requires you to write a statement about why you want to live there. Be prepared. During the application process there's a field where you can list friends and relatives you have in OZ. Take care to list as many people from VIC as possible to make your case stronger.

2) My occupation is (Computer professionals NEC), do I need to provide a new skills assessment to victoria or DIAC?

Not necessarily. Just take care to pick the equivalent ANZSCO code during the VIC-application. I also hold a 2231-79 (NEC) so I had to pick ANZSCO-Code "Software Tester" which matches 2231-79 although I do not test software at all. VIC was fine with that.

3) Say, Victoria doesn't ask for a new skills assessment and if I get through Victoria SS, will DIAC ask me a new assessment?

Thanks in advance guys.

Same as above. Take care to pick the equivalent ANZSCO code and the DIAC

Nice weekend

Uli

Guest auzzycrazzy
VIC doesn't like sponsorships from other states. It could happen that VIC requires you to write a statement about why you want to live there. Be prepared. During the application process there's a field where you can list friends and relatives you have in OZ. Take care to list as many people from VIC as possible to make your case stronger.

Not necessarily. Just take care to pick the equivalent ANZSCO code during the VIC-application. I also hold a 2231-79 (NEC) so I had to pick ANZSCO-Code "Software Tester" which matches 2231-79 although I do not test software at all. VIC was fine with that.

Same as above. Take care to pick the equivalent ANZSCO code and the DIAC

Nice weekend

Uli

Thanks a million Uli, your answers made my day, I feel really comfortable applying for Victoria SS now. What a co incidence I'm a Software Tester and I'm planning to apply for Software Tester too.

You too have a nice weekend.

thanks again.

Guest VickyMel

I agree with Uli.

When you write to VIC make sure you make it very clear that you do want to go to VIC rather than NSW I suspect they will question your motives on this.

Guest auzzycrazzy
I agree with Uli.

When you write to VIC make sure you make it very clear that you do want to go to VIC rather than NSW I suspect they will question your motives on this.

Thanks Vickymel. I really appreciate it.

I'm so gald that I have some friends who really want to help me in getting the Vic SS.

I have a feeling that, few people apply for Victoria SS these days and especially for IT occupations. I say this because, recently Victoria removed all “specializations” for IT occupations.

Am I right?

Guest Mongobear
Thanks Vickymel. I really appreciate it.

I'm so gald that I have some friends who really want to help me in getting the Vic SS.

I have a feeling that, few people apply for Victoria SS these days and especially for IT occupations. I say this because, recently Victoria removed all “specializations” for IT occupations.

Am I right?

Hi ac,

sorry, I missed the question in your earlier post. Unfortunately there is no new "VIC-where are you now" thread so I have no idea if there are still so many people applying for IT-sponsorships. In the past almost 50% have been IT-related but I have no idea how it is nowadays.

Cheerio

Uli

Guest auzzycrazzy
Hi ac,

sorry, I missed the question in your earlier post. Unfortunately there is no new "VIC-where are you now" thread so I have no idea if there are still so many people applying for IT-sponsorships. In the past almost 50% have been IT-related but I have no idea how it is nowadays.

Cheerio

Uli

Hi

So I have started filling the online forms for Vic SS. In Friends & Family section should I mention my brother’s details, who lives in NSW(and he is the one who sponsored us for 176 Family sponsored application).

If I hide this from Victoria it might go against us, since I 'm giving me DIAC file reference number.

Does Victoria cross check the existing application with DIAC?

I'm really getting worried now, since we already have a family sponsored application(Sponsor from NSW). I have enough contacts in Victoria, but still I’m worried.

Guest VickyMel

A hard one - given the way DIAC and anyone here is about lying I would be honest. VIC have caught people out previously.

But I would back this up with something showing a very strong commitment to Victoria - really show you have researched Victoria jobs housing and do intend to live & work there. Push your links with people in Victoria.

Guest Mongobear
Hi

So I have started filling the online forms for Vic SS. In Friends & Family section should I mention my brother’s details, who lives in NSW(and he is the one who sponsored us for 176 Family sponsored application).

If I hide this from Victoria it might go against us, since I 'm giving me DIAC file reference number.

Does Victoria cross check the existing application with DIAC?

I'm really getting worried now, since we already have a family sponsored application(Sponsor from NSW). I have enough contacts in Victoria, but still I’m worried.

Same advice from my side. I wouldn't keep quiet about your brother especially since he's your current sponsor and VIC will surely get wind of it but also make sure not to add any other persons from other states than your (close) family. Instead as Vicky already wrote you should add as many people from VIC as you can, make your case stronger by showing many links to VIC and anything you think it shows your passion to go there. What's even more important is a perfect CV. Make sure it is "australised" and fitting to the market-situation.

Fingers crossed :wubclub:

Uli

Guest auzzycrazzy
A hard one - given the way DIAC and anyone here is about lying I would be honest. VIC have caught people out previously.

But I would back this up with something showing a very strong commitment to Victoria - really show you have researched Victoria jobs housing and do intend to live & work there. Push your links with people in Victoria.

How do I show the commitment? I didn't see any forms to show this while I filled in the online forms, Is there any other way to show this?

thanks in advance

Guest Mongobear
How do I show the commitment? I didn't see any forms to show this while I filled in the online forms, Is there any other way to show this?

thanks in advance

If they consider your (basic) application valuable they might come up with request to provide reasons why you want to live in VIC and not NSW. So just be prepared. Else there's nothing more to do atm. Just make sure to provide a cracking and convincing CV. In the past they liked global players and finance/banking-related applications and people with extensive project-work (I guess this is why they took me (global player, big projects)).

Good luck and keep us posted.

Guest auzzycrazzy
Same advice from my side. I wouldn't keep quiet about your brother especially since he's your current sponsor and VIC will surely get wind of it but also make sure not to add any other persons from other states than your (close) family. Instead as Vicky already wrote you should add as many people from VIC as you can, make your case stronger by showing many links to VIC and anything you think it shows your passion to go there. What's even more important is a perfect CV. Make sure it is "australised" and fitting to the market-situation.

Fingers crossed :wubclub:

Uli

Yeah I'm planning to add as many as possible, unfortunately I can add only 5 contcats in the online forms, but I have nearly 10 contacts only in Victoria.

Is there any way to show more contacts?

So my plan is to show all my Victoria contacts first and then add my brother as the last contact

once again thanks for the great help, you guys are awesome.

Guest Mongobear
You write a nice letter or essay on why you want to live there, then upload/send it along with everything else.

That's a pretty good idea as well.

Guest Mongobear
Yeah I'm planning to add as many as possible, unfortunately I can add only 5 contcats in the online forms, but I have nearly 10 contacts only in Victoria.

Is there any way to show more contacts?

So my plan is to show all my Victoria contacts first and then add my brother as the last contact

once again thanks for the great help, you guys are awesome.

Afaik there's no way to add more people so add the ones you think they could benefit your case (e.g. work-wise).

Guest auzzycrazzy
If they consider your (basic) application valuable they might come up with request to provide reasons why you want to live in VIC and not NSW. So just be prepared. Else there's nothing more to do atm. Just make sure to provide a cracking and convincing CV. In the past they liked global players and finance/banking-related applications and people with extensive project-work (I guess this is why they took me (global player, big projects)).

Good luck and keep us posted.

I'm kind of confident about my CV, sine I am working in Business Intelligence(ETL/Data warehousing) technology for the past 4years and I have heard that this technology is highly rewarded n Australia, and I have eight years of experience in Software testing

Archived