Downton Abbey

TheOptimist

I watched it too. Absolutely brilliant. You'll just have to get someone to send series two out to you. Australia often gets good British drama too, so you never know...

I heard that itv are thinking of making it a series like Upstairs Downstairs was because the first series has been so popular. Hope that's true.

Guest guest33730
Has anyone been watching? What did you think? I was completely hooked and am gutted I'll miss series 2!

I rented Gosford Park to watch tomorrow to distract from my cold turkey.:cute:

I've been watching it here in Aus using 'Adtelly' - it was brilliant! So you don't have to miss anything (UK X-factor and the apprentice are my current favourites)

Daniel

Has anyone been watching? What did you think? I was completely hooked and am gutted I'll miss series 2!

Get a good internet connection and download it. I live in Perth and watched the first series. Fantastic programme and am looking forward to the 2nd series. I download everything.

Guest guest33730
It' ok but, you can't download from it.

Who do you suggest these days? - I think it was you who recommended Adtelly previously.

Daniel

lesley watches it kat (not my bag) its just finished--its a bit like upstairs/downstairs but more pacey:wubclub:

Hi Al :wubclub:

It is just like upstairs/downstairs. Its just so well written and the era is beautiful to watch on screen. Some superb acting too. Love it love it love it! Lesley is a lady of taste :wink:

Dame Maggie Smith is outstanding in it - could not have played her role better!

Daniel

She is superb isn't she. Her and Penelope Wilton are hilarious! Think the funniest line from last week was when Maggie Smith says to her "So put that in your pipe and smoke it'! :biglaugh:

Okay, I really am being a geek now. :GEEK::biggrin:

I have heard this is really good but not had a chance to see it yet.

I watched a film called 'Easy Virtue' last week which is adapted from a 1924 Noel Coward play and that was really good. It's great when you watch something and you are taken by surprise.

Who do you suggest these days? - I think it was you who recommended Adtelly previously.

Daniel

No it wasn't me that recommended Adtelly. I did join it after reading your post today, it is good for USA content also!

I use after having a VPN Getflv, you can use it to browse and download. Just downloaded "The Prisoner" wonderful,i n colour, bit different to B/W of the 60's

She is superb isn't she. Her and Penelope Wilton are hilarious! Think the funniest line from last week was when Maggie Smith says to her "So put that in your pipe and smoke it'! :biglaugh:

Okay, I really am being a geek now. :GEEK::biggrin:

I loved her line "Weekend? What's a weekend?"

She's brilliant.

Guest Freudian Slip

I am hooked too!

Well I was until it finished, I can't wait for the next lot.

I actually had a peek into what happens in the next series, The Daily Mail had a spoiler alert about it and I couldn't resist peeking! (damn)

Anyway it sounds brilliant, lots of action to look forward too, can't wait!:jiggy:

Loved it and already missing it- i would suggest it will get on Aus TV sometime soon I remember watching The bill which was only a couple of months behind the Uk and being over the moon-something like Downton Abbey will sell all over the world I imagine. It will be out on DVD at some point so if you can get a DVD player which can play all regions you may be able to catch up that way (if family can send you it over). We found a code to unlock our DVD player to all regions on the net.

I got just a little bit obsessed over Jam and Jerusalem and Doc Martin (different genres I know) when I left the UK and got the DVDs sent. Now I get outrageous fortune sent back over here (NZ series a bit like shameless).

I am hooked too!

Well I was until it finished, I can't wait for the next lot.

I actually had a peek into what happens in the next series, The Daily Mail had a spoiler alert about it and I couldn't resist peeking! (damn)

Anyway it sounds brilliant, lots of action to look forward too, can't wait!:jiggy:

Oooh tell me Gill! :jiggy:

Archived