Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Hi yea doing them in the Dublin my OH nearly sh1t himself when he heard he had to have a blood test he's a big girl when it comes to needles:biglaugh:.

How much did they say it was for your 12 year old they told me 2 different prices on 2 different occasion's €170 or €280..

Paddy how do you do your med's online does CO SEND YOU A LINK??? or do you just need your TRN no, we don't have a CO we're front loading. When i booked them the girl asked me the same I wasnt sure how to answer.

Maria.

The E HEALTH system is the system the panel doctors download reults to and therefore they go up on system in Aus immediately.

However it seems that in alot of instances when the panel doctor inputs the TRN number not all applicants details are showing on system so they then revert to the old way ie send meds by post.

I think the 12 year old will be €280 as I think anyone over 11 needs to get xray done.

All the best.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest carrick2

hi all ....got bumped up to cat 2 on thurs with th release of wa smp......came onto this thread yesterday and started readin from the start, just t catch up on with the craic thats happenin to everyone(got t pg 40 then had t hav a breather)....maybe a silly question but how do ya subscribe t a thread,the cat3 an state sponsored threads were emailed t me when someone posted but i cant mind how it started? well back t pg 40 t see wat else is new...............

Guest smithys

Jodie!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!

Only just saw as not on this thread as a sad lonely SA applicant :cry:

Fanbloodytastic news hun - well done.

You will get a grant in no time I'm sure.

Woop woop!! xxxxxx

Jodie!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!

Only just saw as not on this thread as a sad lonely SA applicant :cry:

Fanbloodytastic news hun - well done.

You will get a grant in no time I'm sure.

Woop woop!! xxxxxx

Oh thanks Rose! I'll keep everything crossed for you and the SA gang!

Ya no probelm. Straight forward bloods, urine and quick checkover, the normal eyes,ears, heart etc. Overall it took about 2 hours for 5 of us including xray.We have 3 kids and they were great with them.

A word of warning though it is worth letting the staff know once you arrive if you do not want them to mention anything to children. We haven't told ours yet and the staff just being friendly can ask questions about Aus.

Where are you planning to go to in Aus?

We hope to get to Melbourne by the summer.

All the best with everything.

Thanks for those details paddygunner - the 12 yr old knows so we are ok on that front. We are heading to Canberra so hopefully we should be over there before the summer

Cheers

Suzanne

Hi yea doing them in the Dublin my OH nearly sh1t himself when he heard he had to have a blood test he's a big girl when it comes to needles:biglaugh:.

How much did they say it was for your 12 year old they told me 2 different prices on 2 different occasion's €170 or €280..

Paddy how do you do your med's online does CO SEND YOU A LINK??? or do you just need your TRN no, we don't have a CO we're front loading. When i booked them the girl asked me the same I wasnt sure how to answer.

Maria.

Hi Maria

as far as I remember it was €280 for the 12 yr old - this includes the price of the xray aswell. I think the €170 is without an xray.

Sure we will know tomorrow when we get the big bill :laugh:

Suzanne

Guest carrick2

just wasted the guts o 2 hours watchin what was supposed to be football,liverpool **,sadly is only a name at mo,well got caught up with all the info,seems t make more interestin reading doin it all in 1 go(well 2 goes)...........noticed there seems t be a few peeps from ireland here,has anyone done thier meds in the north,where?an how much? if ya dont mind that is....

Guest VickyMel

Yippee - I go away for a week and it takes me an hour to go through this thread to catch up.

So much really good news - hurray that several more states have put out their SMPs - Come on SA and NSW there are people pulling their hair out for news.

Woo hoo!! I'm now a cat 2 and not an invader!!! Lol

Yippee Jodie and all you others that are now in PINK!

Is there anybody who originally applied for 175 visa, then after getting SS changed it into 176, then enjoyed category 2 and now has the visa, but got no 176 but 175 visa granted?

Yep it sounds like DIAC gave out a number of 175 visas a couple of weeks ago to people on both Cat 2 and Cat 3.

From PINK to PURPLE...it's just wonderful! I got my visa grant today!

Yeah!!! Congrats AussieDream

Not sure what colour I need to be, but I got my visa!!!!

Congrats WannabeOz

TURN ME PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it this morning :biglaugh:

Moving to Melbourne October 2011...

Wooopiee Congrats Cornish - hope to see you in VIC in 2011!

I look good in pink! :anisanta:

You certainly do :biggrin:

Yep - what a lovely way to come back to PIO after a week away :biggrin: even if it did take ages to read this thread!

Hope to see loads more Pinks and Purples very soon

VickyMel

Was just avin a look at the front page, surely there can't be just me who's applied for Tasmania?

I'm shocked!! Tasmania is such a beutiful place. One day when you all get your visas you really must have a visit there, It's fantastic!! And if you don't believe me just ask siamsusie she's the most enthusiastic Tasmanian you could ever get!!

Guest uaSkywalker
I'm shocked!! Tasmania is such a beutiful place.

No doubt it is. But its labour market is very poor. It will be a near-to-impossible task to find a job there.

Was just avin a look at the front page, surely there can't be just me who's applied for Tasmania?

I'm shocked!! Tasmania is such a beutiful place. One day when you all get your visas you really must have a visit there, It's fantastic!! And if you don't believe me just ask siamsusie she's the most enthusiastic Tasmanian you could ever get!!

I told you you were the only one....

I really want to go to Tasmania, I always thought it´s a beautiful place.....but the thing is: it´s too hard to find a job!

Hi Connie... Just did my meds, so now, PCC done and meds done. Hopefully all has gone well. The doc mentioned that I had operation done in 2004 and the scar it has left as well as a burn scar. Don't know if this will have any impact on my meds. BP was borderline but doc said it was ok (hopefully). All else was good.

WEEKLY UPDATE!!

Been a good week for CAT 2 :jiggy:

Welcome to all the new peeps with WA and TAS SS which sees the front page double in size.

3 CO's assigned to:

Surhythms (LR)(176(Nov 10)(ACT)

JK2510 (LR)(176)(March 09) (WA)

Reza (HR)(176)(Sept 10) (QLD)

4 Visas granted:

aussiedream (LR)(176)(June 08)(ACT)

Cornish78 (VIC))LR)(176)(April 2010)

Wannabeoz (LR)(176)(Aug 09) (ACT)

albertshen08 (HR)(176)(Aug 10) (QLD)

Congratulations again to everyone :wubclub:

PLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL BE AWAY FOR A FEW DAYS BUT SHOULD BE BACK ON HERE ON TUESDAY NIGHT TO DO THE UPDATES.

I see that the DIAC have updated their web site and it now says processing WA from 17 Decemer 2010. So I think next week will be a busy week with new CO's being assigned.

Good luck to everyone and wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

Regards

Connie

:hug:

Guest VickyMel

I see that the DIAC have updated their web site and it now says processing WA from 17 Decemer 2010.

Hopefully??? that means that WA have a sufficient quota to allow for all those who have already been given SS by WA - if they are considering giving to new applicants as well.

Thanks Connie - have a great few days break.

VickyMel

Hi Connie, .. me too.. just check the courier service,medical report had been delivered to Sydney yesterday (15 Dec) and PCC is emailed today (16 Dec) .. not sure how long will need to wait.. :)

Hi Kuching,

My meds were signed for on a Friday in Sydney and I got my visa the following Wednesday. I did email my Case Officer on the Monday letting him know the meds had arrived in Sydney. Not sure whether that prompted him to do any chasing, but overall 3 working days.

Not long now for you to wait!!!

:biggrin:

Michael.

Hi Micheal, thank you :biggrin:

hope there be a great Christmas present for me, haha..

You have a good point, let me drop a note to my CO to let him know that my medical report reach Sydney on the 15 Dec. Thanks heap!!

Hi Kuching,

My meds were signed for on a Friday in Sydney and I got my visa the following Wednesday. I did email my Case Officer on the Monday letting him know the meds had arrived in Sydney. Not sure whether that prompted him to do any chasing, but overall 3 working days.

Michael.

Hi Kuching,

Michael.

Hi Michael, haha. I just sent an email to my CO stated medical had been delivered. Hopefully by next week there will be good news for me.

I just checked online, that my PCC status is now 'MET'. :cute:

Hi clickett,

Did you get your meds and pccs done when CO requested them? Or did you frontload them?

Im just wondering as we have a CO and i think weve had one for almost 2 weeks now. We had everything in beginning december. Im hoping we can be pirple before they break up for xmas.

hI GUYS we got the meds done yesterday - doesnt seem to be any problem for the 3 of us apart from my slightly high BP but doc said it should be ok. Lets hope the bloods and xrays are ok too.2 hours it took for the three of us and a lovely whopping €880! Hope it was worth it!Cheers Suzanne

Hi Michael, haha. I just sent an email to my CO stated medical had been delivered. Hopefully by next week there will be good news for me.

I just checked online, that my PCC status is now 'MET'. :cute:

Hi Kuching,

I think you are real close now - maybe just a few days. Then you will have your visa.

M.

:wink:

Archived