Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel
We have CO from team 6. Half hour ago i saw that hubby`s medicals are finalised (02.12.2010) so i guess that grant will be soon :) Our CO few days ago wrote that he just wait medicals to be cleared and he can grant visa :)) so it will be soon :jiggy:

Ohhhh Bebac - so close now that is great news.:jiggy:

I bet you are hitting the refresh button all the time just in case!

VickyMel

Hi Everyone,

Just checked my online status and it says application been further processed and when i look at the documents checklist it says "Received" infront of all the documents. Could any one please advise what does it mean.

Cat 2 after the 17th of Nov. :swoon:

Cheers,

Khan

Guest VickyMel
I hope you're right. Ideally, I don't want to return to my job in January so would need our visa by the end of next week so I can hand in my notice! Timings going to be very tight.

:wacko:

:chatterbox: Haha - don't risk it unless they are out!

We nearly had my OH hand in his notice in Sept 2009 (needs to give 3 months plus notice) thinking we would have the visa and be on our way Jan 2010 :wideeyed::eek: luckily we restrained ourselves and were still thinking about it on the 23rd when it all collapsed around us.

We would have been truly :Randy-git: if we had

VickyMel

Guest VickyMel
Hi Everyone,

Just checked my online status and it says application been further processed and when i look at the documents checklist it says "Received" infront of all the documents. Could any one please advise what does it mean.

Cat 2 after the 17th of Nov. :swoon:

Cheers,

Khan

Hi Khan

Welcome to PIO!

Received really just means the computer is acknowledging that you have loaded these documents.

Application being further processed also usually means little - other than someone has looked at your file.

We applied in 2009 and both of those things immediately showed on our online tracking as with many people on here.

But if you are Cat 2 - who knows - the first most of us know something is happening is if either the @received' changes to 'Met' or we get an email from our CO.

Hope that helps

VickyMel

Aaarrrggghhhhh - our medicals have been stuck in East Midlands airport since Monday afternoon awaiting a security check!!!!!! They should have reached Sydney today.

:arghh:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

DHL had a problem with their website. It now says "PROCESSED FOR CLEARANCE AT SYDNEY". Yippeee. Maybe DIAC will get our medicals on Friday morning.

:jiggy::chatterbox:

Hi Khan

Welcome to PIO!

Received really just means the computer is acknowledging that you have loaded these documents.

Application being further processed also usually means little - other than someone has looked at your file.

We applied in 2009 and both of those things immediately showed on our online tracking as with many people on here.

But if you are Cat 2 - who knows - the first most of us know something is happening is if either the @received' changes to 'Met' or we get an email from our CO.

Hope that helps

VickyMel

Hi My documents Changed directly to MET on same day when status changed to Application being processed further and CO sent me an email for FORM80 submission ..... looks like hes satisfied with my paper work .. yesssssss

Just got our passports back from Washington with the Visas inside :jiggy:

I apologize if I've been quiet lately, extremely busy with packing. We need everything packed up for the shipping company by the 17th December.

Wow - you don't hang around! Passports stamped and shippers at the ready.

:biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

DHL had a problem with their website. It now says "PROCESSED FOR CLEARANCE AT SYDNEY". Yippeee. Maybe DIAC will get our medicals on Friday morning.

:jiggy::chatterbox:

I've become obsessed with watching our DHL status! Our medicals have now cleared customs in Sydney and are ready to be put in a van to be delivered to DIAC in Lee Street in the morning.

:wideeyed:

Wow - you don't hang around! Passports stamped and shippers at the ready.

Yup... I'm not known for hanging around. So pleased to finally see the stamps in the passport. Looking for temporary accommodation in Sydney for the first month is pretty tough. Kinda pricey too, but we'll make it work.

I've become obsessed with watching our DHL status! Our medicals have now cleared customs in Sydney and are ready to be put in a van to be delivered to DIAC in Lee Street in the morning.

:wideeyed:

You should have your visa in a couple of weeks I think. Do you have a move date in mind?

You should have your visa in a couple of weeks I think. Do you have a move date in mind?

Hi,

According to DHL, our medicals have now been delivered to the DIAC office in Sydney at 10:30 Friday morning local time. :wink:

We're really hoping to get our visas very soon so I can hand in my notice at work and not return in January. We think we should be able to move before the end of January. We'll stay in Sydney for a week and then head down to Canberra. Just need a visa!!!

Cheers.

Michael.

Hi,

According to DHL, our medicals have now been delivered to the DIAC office in Sydney at 10:30 Friday morning local time. :wink:

We're really hoping to get our visas very soon so I can hand in my notice at work and not return in January. We think we should be able to move before the end of January. We'll stay in Sydney for a week and then head down to Canberra. Just need a visa!!!

Cheers.

Michael.

wow. such a very detailed plan you have there. i am getting ideas what to do once i have a CO already, ie tracking my docs to DIAC via DHL all the time! very excited for all of you to get your visa, so that its gonna be our turn next!!!

WEEKLY UPDATE:

This week saw 2 CO's being assigned to the following:

Jains005 (HR)(176)(March 09)(NT)

Sibella (HR)(76)(Jan 10)(ACT)

And two Visas was granted to:

need2chew (LR)(176)(Nov 08) (ACT)

Congratulations again to all of you and here is wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

Regards

Connie

:hug:

Guest jains005
WEEKLY UPDATE:

This week saw 2 CO's being assigned to the following:

Sibella (HR)(76)(Jan 10)(ACT)

And one Visa was granted to need2chew (LR)(176)(Nov 08) (ACT)

Congratulations again to all of you and here is wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

Regards

Connie

:hug:

thank you Connie... Please pink me up too. I got my visa grant letter on 1st. I had posted about it early. On hectic days as i must enter Aus before 1st jan.

Thanks

Jain

Guest mackdmello

Hi Jain,

waiting for updates , after sending the documents, form 1221 and my photo has been verified(met), work experience and specific work experience and form 80 for both of us are still showing requested, i hope i will hear something soon by next week.

job verification and internal checks are still going on i guess.

documents submitted on the 1st of dec 2010(ie Wed) and updated on 3rd as met few documents which were sent. waiting eagerly and anxiously for further updates, informed by agent to go ahead with medicals and PCC for our application, any news from anyone regarding documents met or something like that. it is been qite on the forum and nobody is writing any posts, everyone is busy collecting documents.

Thanks

Macklon Dmello

thank you Connie... Please pink me up too. I got my visa grant letter on 1st. I had posted about it early. On hectic days as i must enter Aus before 1st jan.

Thanks

Jain

Hi Khan

Welcome to PIO!

Hope that helps

VickyMel

Thanks VickyMel :smile:

I called the department yesterday and the guy on the phone was really helpful and very co-operative. He advised me that I have got a case officer and if they needed any document they will contact me. :spinny: and that i should be patient !! Anyways really good see things moving atleast rather than on hold. Wish you all the best and hope we get the good news soon

Hi,

I have been requested to submit Meds, Police Checks and form 80.

How long does it take to sort out police checks?

I'm trying to time this right. I have booked meds for next week. Say we submit all 3 by end of December, does anyone know roughly how long we have to validate once Visa is granted? I'm sure I've seen a couple say they had a month?!

Thanks,

Mike.

Archived