What Removals Company To Use for going back to UK?

Guest GillianM

Guest annemarie and brian

we have been here 2halfmths but deep down i know its just not for me and hubby feels the same so we said we shall give it till next may after our friends go home as they have booked flights etc to see us.

but deep down i am not happy here so i just know that there is not much going to change so i think

99% sure we will go home but we came tried and just not for us but oz is a nice place (in my eyes)

but for holidays.

thats just my opinon but it is for others which is good.

annemarie xxxx

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GillianM

Annmarie, weve been here sice 3rd August and we know its not for us here, living here for 2 years isn't going to change how i feel , i don't think! we had to come over to see what its like but i prefer back home. How often do you go to the beach and have BBQs before your bored of that too! Australia ain't for everyone, were all different and like different things. Also not knowing many folk is really hard when everyone you know and family are back home. We booked flights and now canny wait to go lol xx

Gillian

Hi Gillian,the dougans,

we have had a chat tonight and we shall defiently be going back next year my hubby really is upset about it all and we spoke with the girls and they really only like it here for the sun so made the desicion waiting for the rental agreement to run out then we are off back to our family and freinds

i know deep down its not for me and i am not going to deny it any more so i am now counting the days till then and have something to look forward too again.

so good luck with the move gillian and the dougans with your desicion.

annemarie xxx

Hi Gillian, who did you fly back with? were going with Malaysia Airlines, got a good price for the 4 of us. Yeah we all want to go back, Melbourne ain't for us, we find it boring and had a better social life back home. Kids were much happier at home as here there stuck in al the time. Cant wait lol even though we'll be going back to winter we dont care! you get fed up of going to BBQs and sight seeing. Hope you had a browse in the new Primark!

Gillian

Hi Gillian, we flew back with Malaysia Airlines! You won't be dissapointed! Great airline x

Hi Gillian,the dougans,

we have had a chat tonight and we shall defiently be going back next year my hubby really is upset about it all and we spoke with the girls and they really only like it here for the sun so made the desicion waiting for the rental agreement to run out then we are off back to our family and freinds

i know deep down its not for me and i am not going to deny it any more so i am now counting the days till then and have something to look forward too again.

so good luck with the move gillian and the dougans with your desicion.

annemarie xxx

thanks good luck to you to. where do you live in qld? im just bit worried no building work back home for craig, what is it you both do ? but it is true fam and fiends are more important than sun etc. xx

Guest GillianM

Yeah, we had OSS here yesterday and she mentioned if stuff was less than 12 months old you can get taxed on it. Were trying our best now to sell the lot, but we will get the quotes through today.

Annemarie....i thought Queensland was supposed to be much better than Melbourne..ive heard? so it aint?

Gillian

thanks good luck to you to. where do you live in qld? im just bit worried no building work back home for craig, what is it you both do ? but it is true fam and fiends are more important than sun etc. xx

hi we are in thornlands bayside,well at the mo i am a stay at home mum and hubby is a mechanical engineer but he is worried too about work back home but i just said we came here with no jobs and was lucky he got a job in 2wks but its a gamble we are going to have to do again,how about you?

xxx

Yeah, we had OSS here yesterday and she mentioned if stuff was less than 12 months old you can get taxed on it. Were trying our best now to sell the lot, but we will get the quotes through today.

Annemarie....i thought Queensland was supposed to be much better than Melbourne..ive heard? so it aint?

Gillian

hi the dougans,gillian,

we were told that coming here if it was 12mths old or less we had to pay taxes but we brought things new to here from uk and nothing happened but then again how can

they tell its all wrapped up and unless they go through everything which could take ages.

queensland is ok but i just think it is boring my kids are always in where in the uk they were out all the time and we had a better socail life, and as one of our freinds said to us yesterday you are very sociable and always out doing things which we were as you said there is only so much sightseeing and bbq s you can do before you get bored..

so apart from weather maybe oz is the same everywhere(only my views)....

xxx

qld is a great place but my fam etc not here. we came in aug, im at home to with younger child who is 4 and daughter 10 at school have done few shifts in school casual basis. hubby a carpenter he got job in 2 weeks to. but ive loked up uk sites and there none really so would be so worried. so are you planning to go back may annemarie? good luck with selling gillian .and yea def get taxed on stuff but unless company can disguise it you might get away with it. good luck

qld is a great place but my fam etc not here. we came in aug, im at home to with younger child who is 4 and daughter 10 at school have done few shifts in school casual basis. hubby a carpenter he got job in 2 weeks to. but ive loked up uk sites and there none really so would be so worried. so are you planning to go back may annemarie? good luck with selling gillian .and yea def get taxed on stuff but unless company can disguise it you might get away with it. good luck

yes see i am home alone as my youngest is 8 and i do once a fortnight i help at school and so i getting bored now but i do miss my family and freinds alot but we will be going home before then now as our friend has got a refund on there flights so we can go whenever so going to ask the gilrs if they want xmas here or in the uk and go from there,as for work we shall cross that bridge when we get there no point in worring now till near the time.

so good luck everyone..

xxx

Hi just wanted to let you all how our shipping quotes came out, we need a 40ft.

Kent = 11,250k

Chess = 9,240k

Huge difference as you can see, both seem to have good reps, I am happy with Chess price so I won't be getting any further quotes. That includes at the jet ski. If we don't take the jetski, we only save $3.50 = $8,890.

Cheers Sally (Brisbane to Hemel Hempstead, Herts)

Hi Guys

We are the same as you, came out in June 2010, and to be honest knew when we arrived it wasnt for us !! Everyone says give it 2yrs but why ??? Yes you could force yourself to stay but be unhappy in the process... So we are returning next March and i cant wait ! Kids 12 & 7 are glad to be returning , hubby likes it here but can see the benefits of returning home.

We have CONROY coming out on Monday and im about to phone chess so i will let you know prices.

Nic

what does your OH do out of interest and how old are your kids? seem to have similar issues to me

my kids are 12yrs and 8yrs and hubby is a mechincal engineer.

well just had conroys out and they have quote us 8800 dollars to ship out which is a 20ft contaainer but if we go over we would then have to pay 320 dollars per cubic ft..

yes i thought so and we have only got a few more items than when we came which is a lawnmower strimmer and a few toys and desk not much so dont know but will have to see

what ridgeways have to say....

Guest GillianM

Hi, got quote through from OSS and if we shipped all our stuff then a 20ft container was costing us $6,494 and if we wanted to include our car a 40ft container we need and cost would be $9,395. if we sold our belongings and only needed 8 cartons say? it would cost us $844 or 16 cartons would be $1,088. It all depends in how many cartons we would need but thats a rough idea of cost for 8 or 16. I have 1 box still on its way here and due in port 7th Dec so it will be included with stuff and sent back free of charge.

Gillian

Hi

We returned June 2010 and used Wridgeways. We paid $7200 for a 20ft container I was a bit worried it wouldnt all fit in as it was a 4 bed house we had loads of outdoor furniture plus a pool table. Wridgeways packed it really well, everything arrived within 5 weeks nothing damaged. The guys this end were fantastic too unpacked it and put it all back together. Kent was our cheapest quote however Wridgeways matched this so you do need to haggle.

Good luck everyone returning...it is fantastic to be back:biggrin:

Archived