What Removals Company To Use for going back to UK?

Guest GillianM

Have had Ocean sky and he was pants:unsure: just didnt seem interested , sent a quote for 20ft container of £5,500...... only paid £3,500 coming out 6months ago... waiting for Chess to email today or tomorrow ...and have Conroy coming at 1pm today ...

Im soooo excited to be heading back home :biggrin:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All

We've just started to look at going back looks like it will be March 2011 have been ere for 2yrs we have given it a go and it just has not gone our way..

Just looking at who everyone is using and see who i can call this week to come out and quote me so i can get over the shock quick..

Good luck to everyone who is going back

Guest GillianM

Hi, forgot to mention OSS pack everything for you and you still need to pick what insurance type you want.

Counting down the days on going home, cant wait even though it will be Winter in Scotland i don't care, looking forward to scarfs gloves and UGG Boots lol

Gillian

I think its strange that so many people love the place and others hate it, feel sad for you guys in the above post who are coming home so soon, is it that bad!!!!

proview

Its not all bad we have no regrets we are glad that we lived some of our dream.

Guest GillianM

Hi Proview, everybody likes different things i suppose, we can't all be the same. Im glad we came over and seen what its been like even if it wasn't for that long, have no regrets at all. Just know now im a home bird lol and will appreciate my home town more now. Looking forward to the rubbish weather in Scotland!

Gillian

Has anyone had a quote from Crown?

I did and had a heart attack they said it would cost me $8700 and that would take 10wks and for the extra bits not sure what she meant by that but it would cost me $1931 and could take up to 16/20 weeks . We came out with a 20ft and everything will go back in a 20ft i ain't got anything new oh apart from my BBQ but i can flat pack that.. Oss came in OK'ish working on a few more.

We have had x2 quotes now ... $6900 from conroy and $6400 from chess, i would love to know how the 3900 quote came in was it a shared container ???

We have said a 20ft container only as soon as they quote... otherwise i reckon they will easily say a 40ft for extra money !

Proview Austrailia isnt for everyone , i hope you can appreciate that !

Guest The Pom Queen
Has anyone had a quote from Crown?

I did and had a heart attack they said it would cost me $8700 and that would take 10wks and for the extra bits not sure what she meant by that but it would cost me $1931 and could take up to 16/20 weeks . We came out with a 20ft and everything will go back in a 20ft i ain't got anything new oh apart from my BBQ but i can flat pack that.. Oss came in OK'ish working on a few more.

We were getting quotes like that for interstate removals.:swoon:

Guest annemarie and brian

hi i have had all the quotes to go back next wk and they have ranged from $7200 (packing our selves) to $8800.but we have haggled and conroy are doing it for $7600 and thats 20ft container and the 3cubic ft over sending in a shared container as well so i thought that was good.

so here we come uk 3rd dec cannot wait....

Guest annemarie and brian

yes i would nicandjay thats what my hubby did played one against the other and it worked thank god...

but good luck with the move it will be here before you know it..

Guest The Pom Queen
I am just in the process of playing one off against the other game ! Fingers crossed they belive what im telling them :wink:

LOL just watch out as a lot of them read the forum:laugh:

Archived