Moving Back

twinsmom65

Well I don't know if I believe in fate, but we have been toying with the idea of moving back to Canada, as my OH lost employment and hasn't been able to secure any yet.

We have said that we will give it to this friday, and then if nothing, will make the move back to Canada. We knew we would be going back to Canada the same way we came to Australia, no jobs and no money.

I sent my old boss in Canada an email a week ago, just putting out my feelers to see if there were any prospects of jobs, well I just got an email from her today, and she thinks that there is a position back with my old company, and she wants to get in contact with me and also asked me about when I thought I was coming back.

I don't know if I should take this as a sign??, I did love my old job, and haven't found anything near as enjoyable here in Australia. I found my old job challenging and rewarding, and as I sit here writing out this thread, bored out of my tree in my current job here in Perth.

What do you think Peeps??.... should I go for it?

Cheers

Karen

Well Karen, hard call for sure. If you are truly living and loving WA then I would have a serious think about trying to find a new job which you might enjoy more here. I thnk I've read in other threads that you work in Midland in what sounded like a job from hell where you get a fair bit of abuse. This can't fill you full of glee about WA in general and must get you down.

Did your husband manage to get the job he thought might be on offer? I would have thought work in his area would be picking up during summer.

I have asked you this before but why did you choose to live out at the Vines? It is a fair way out from where a lot of the jobs would be and no doubt nedds a fair bit of travel. I know a lot of people like it out there and it's nearer the wineries and hills. Land and houses tend to be a bit cheaper too.

Just wondering really as moving just short distances can make a whole lot of difference to your whole lifestyle and opportunities.

It would be a massive and risky move back to Canada with no gurantees. If you really like it here I would look at all options here first. But that's just my opinion as I love it here and couldn't imagine living in a better place.

All the best.

Karen,

If you are really unhappy here I'd say go for it, life is too short to be miserable!! You may be going back with no job and no money but you will have the support of family and friends.....and the possibility of a job!!

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Julie

Guest sunnyday

Crikey Karen thats a tough one!! Listen to your instincts, what do they really tell you will make you happy!! Good luck hun I don't envy you such a big decision but whatever you decide I hope you are happy x

Hi

I think that some times you have to go down the wrong path to get on the right one! Australia has been your wrong path but it has helped you get on the right one back to Canada!

Be happy and if that's being in Canada then go for it!

:hug:

Life is all about picking up on opportunities when they arise - if this is an opportunity not to be missed then dont miss it I reckon. The place the opportunity resides in is essentially irrelevant. If it is a job you will love and one which will keep the wolf from the door in times when it is howling loudly outside then I would think it is pretty much a no brainer. You will be swapping one first world country for another so no detriment there.

I will say, though, it's about time you guys had some luck, you really have been doing it tough of late!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest famousfive

As the saying goes.......no point flogging a dead horse.We decided the same earlier in the year because our reality here is a struggle and we feel we lose more than we gain in so many ways.I wish you all the very best on your return to Canada.I am a bit jealous though,Canada is stunning.

We just got back to Canada from Sydney and I am noticing beauty I hadn't noticed before here. I'm appreciating things again like more affordable housing, free healthcare and many things are cheaper. Canada is pretty good too! But I know how hard it is to bail out. Try not to come back in the winter, makes it harder.

Archived