Stick a fork in me... I'm done !!

mrcatania

Hi Mr C,

Do not really post that often but remember you from the time I was falling into the Black Hole.............................I remain on the edge of that hole - depression hits hard and fails to let go.

I fly out of Melbourne in 7 hours but unlike you, it is only for 4 weeks.

I sincerely hope that everything works out for you on your return to the UK.

Just remember that you were fortunate to have spent some time experiencing this country (good and bad). Never have regrets, just look forward to slipping back into the life you had before all the madness of Immigration.

We never know what is around the corner and you might be surprised to find yourself back here one day !

Me, well I am going to enjoy this flight - I am going to meet my new grandaughter and I am going to, once again, familiarise myself with everything that I yearn for........yep, would still go back in a heartbeat.

Once again, wishing you all the best and keep in touch to let us know how you are getting on.

Gill

Have a great flight, Gill and a wonderful holiday in this very special country (I'm here at the moment too on my annual sanity hit) - unfortunately you missed a get together of returnees but you never know, there may be some of us who would be happy to catch up with you for coffee .... whereabouts are you heading?

Wow, Mr C - you wanted a "sign", that was one in neon lights!!! All the very best for your move on to the next stage of your life, give it all you've got and have a ball!

Tell me about it. The sequence of events that have happened over the past 15 months you seriously couldn't make up. Honestly, some days I think somone was looking after me, the next day though, I question why somone didn't seem to want me to be here. anyway, a lot of my life has revolved around fate and I guess this is just the next chapter.

Have a great flight, Gill and a wonderful holiday in this very special country (I'm here at the moment too on my annual sanity hit) - unfortunately you missed a get together of returnees but you never know, there may be some of us who would be happy to catch up with you for coffee .... whereabouts are you heading?

Will be heading back to London, any returnees there please do get in touch.

some people have all the luck, fall in sh#t and come up smelling of roses. I had 4 years in Oz and have been back home for 4 years, never once have i or my family regretted coming back home, never once have i or my family toyed with the idea of returning. You only realise how good something is when you no longer have it.

Recession, immigration, cold & wet, this is a great country, one of the greatest, we have turned the corner and things are now moving in the right direction.

After 4 years we stepped right back into our old lives, it was i have to say easier than i thought it would be, we are lucky, London on our doorstep and living in one of the most desired towns in the country, gorgeous scenery, nightlife and things to do. We haven't used the word "bored" for 4 years.

Goodluck my friend, i am absolutely positive you are doing the right thing.

some people have all the luck, fall in sh#t and come up smelling of roses. I had 4 years in Oz and have been back home for 4 years, never once have i or my family regretted coming back home, never once have i or my family toyed with the idea of returning. You only realise how good something is when you no longer have it.

Recession, immigration, cold & wet, this is a great country, one of the greatest, we have turned the corner and things are now moving in the right direction.

After 4 years we stepped right back into our old lives, it was i have to say easier than i thought it would be, we are lucky, London on our doorstep and living in one of the most desired towns in the country, gorgeous scenery, nightlife and things to do. We haven't used the word "bored" for 4 years.

Goodluck my friend, i am absolutely positive you are doing the right thing.

Hav pressed the 'Thanks' button.... but will also say 'Thankyou' here too !!

Great to read you story, I really wish you all the best. I know you have been over to my post, so I can fully understand how you are feeling. I too wonder if I will think what would have been, and also I think its too late for us too, even if a good job were to come for Stu, its just gone a bit stale now.

The whole thing is just so ****, and yes you're right its just the hardest thing :(

good luck

Well, the boxes leave tomorrow, I leave the following day... in a weeks time I will be back at my old job. It's been a bit of an emotional weekend starting to pack and say some goodbyes, but there you go.... no one said it would be easy, despite everything I have been through down here.

Anyway, Onwards and (hopefully this time) upwards!

Well, the boxes leave tomorrow, I leave the following day... in a weeks time I will be back at my old job. It's been a bit of an emotional weekend starting to pack and say some goodbyes, but there you go.... no one said it would be easy, despite everything I have been through down here.

Wish you all the very best back in the UK :)

Just wanted to wish you good luck and a safe flight, and enjoy your new "old" job !!

We too have come to a decision and it looks like the girls and I will be flying back to Canada hopefully in 3 weeks time. OH will hopefully follow a few weeks later, he just wants to give it more time in Australia.

Cheers

Karen

That's it.!!!.. writing this outside of Australia on the way back home now. Don't know whether to laugh or cry, but whats done is done... I just want to move on.

Wish you all the very best mrcatania, let us know how you go :) End of Jan for us, I will be so sad to board that plane, but I know its for a reason - take care - Sally

Guest guest22466
That's it.!!!.. writing this outside of Australia on the way back home now. Don't know whether to laugh or cry, but whats done is done... I just want to move on.

Wishing you all the best.....life is full of experiences good and bad. As long as you feel happy in your heart thats all that matters....wish I was on that plane too......

Take Care

Archived