Sunshine Coast - February 2011

Guest cazbeckham

ANOTHER REMINDER TO THE PIO's WHO ARE GOING TO TAVERN AT BUDERIM

Can I ask all those going to the Tavern on Sat 26th Feb at 7pm to do me a really big favour.

Can you please jot down your names (and surnames) plus your address, contact phone number and email address and let me have those when you get to the tavern please.

I like to keep these so I know who to contact when anything else is going on.

I did this with the first meet in the Tavern last year. So would be most grateful if you can do that for me.

Have already met a couple of you guys and be good to see you again and also meet new people and I think Pomshine Coast is a brilliant name Darren.

See you on the 26th at 7pm................ In the room at the back of the sports bar.

If anyone is going to eat there a reminder that there are excellent bar meals and if you want to order from the restaurant and have your food brought through then latest orders are 8.30.

Caz

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cazbeckham

Thanks John for bumping this up

I wanted to add also that

Can I ask all those going to the Tavern on Sat 26th Feb at 7pm to do me a really big favour.

Can you please jot down your names (and surnames) plus your address, contact phone number and email address, and also let me know your trades, you never know when you might need a plumber or electrician, and let me have those when you get to the tavern please.

I like to keep these so I know who to contact when anything else is going on.

See you on Saturday - as I said before I will be the OLD one hobbling about with a bad knee and hip hahahahha

Caz

Guest The Joker

Whoa - nearly missed this gathering. Count us in. Although we have been in Oz for a few years we have only recently moved to the Sunny Coast and still haven't formed a social network here yet - work keeps getting in the way (spoiling a damned good holiday). So the updated list =

1.Mr and Mrs Luvpants. (John & Lisa) arriving 29th Dec 2010

2. Mr & Mrs Fisher (JuliePaul) arriving 10 February 2011

3. julie and graham

4. Mark, Tracey and Kids ASAP hopefully this side of Christmas :-/

5. Tim & Catherine (TD63)

6. Simon & Deb + 2 kids. late Nov/early Dec

7. Kevin and Michael (brightonboys)

8. Emma and Antony (ggardemma)

9 Laura, Philip & kids (lgabriel)

10 Louise & Melanie (loumel1706)

11 Warren & Jill Liam 14 & Jack 9 (THORPES)

12. James & Gemma (jeopardy99)

Lucky 13. Darren & Laura

14. Bill & Mandy - kids ages 18 & 16 (aka The Joker)

3. julie and graham

4. Tim & Catherine (TD63)

5. Simon & Deb + 2 kids. late Nov/early Dec

6 Kevin and Michael (brightonboys)

7. Emma and Antony (ggardemma)

8 Laura, Philip & kids (lgabriel)

9Louise & Melanie (loumel1706)

10 Warren & Jill Liam 14 & Jack 9 (THORPES)

11. James & Gemma (jeopardy99)

12. Bill & Mandy - kids ages 18 & 16 (aka The Joker)

Lucky 13. Darren & Laura

Sorry to drop out but i've got myself a job now and i'm working sat night, have fun x

Guest The Joker

Got another couple of ex-pats stepping in. New to the Sunny Coast but been in Sydney for 6 years. So the list looks like:

3. julie and graham

4. Tim & Catherine (TD63)

5. Simon & Deb + 2 kids. late Nov/early Dec

6 Kevin and Michael (brightonboys)

7. Emma and Antony (ggardemma)

8 Laura, Philip & kids (lgabriel)

9Louise & Melanie (loumel1706)

10 Warren & Jill Liam 14 & Jack 9 (THORPES)

11. James & Gemma (jeopardy99)

12. Bill & Mandy - kids ages 18 & 16 (aka The Joker)

Lucky 13. Darren & Laura

14. Jon & Liz (not on this forum - kids 18 & 16)

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Guys

Well it certainly looks like being a full house tomorrow night.

I had an email today from "The Joker" giving me all his details like below (have taken some out but left headings to help you lot) so maybe you could email them to me if it is easier to

carol@beckhamdigital.co.uk

Names =

Address =

Phone =

Occupations =

Email =

PomsInOz name =

This was also added to the bottom of the email I got from one of our group tomorrow which was very humerous, possibly true but great sense of humour.

Waist = too big

Weight = too much

Thos who don't send these details by email please hand them to me tomorrow night. Thanks guys & Gals.

BTW Mine is a Diet Coke or a Tonic Water - I will be driving and hubby not coming with me as he has a Photoshop Tutorial project on the go so will be busy.

Caz

Guest cazbeckham

And I will be the sad old lady on her own who organised this party hahahahhaha

Driving so not drinking apart from Diet Coke or Tonic Water wither with ice and lemon pleaseeeeeeee

Guest The Joker

I enjoyed the get-together last night. Thanks for coming. Sorry I didn't get to chat with you all but this wasn't about us old-timers. It was more about you newbies finding your feet and sharing war stories about your journeys getting to this point - and some really interesting stories were told to us. We were able to share some of our "experience" and what a bloody coincidence - Mr Luvpants and his OH lived in a house not a quarter of a mile from a house we lived in. You come half way round the world to get away from people eh?

Anyway, hope to catch up with some more of you at the next social gathering. All the best and good luck on this exciting adventure. Oh, and what a great location the Buderim Tavern is. Been in QLD for over 7 years and that's the first time we had been there. Nice one Caz.

Guest cazbeckham

Thank you and I also want to share what the Joker has said.

I already knew a few of the people there last night, good to see some familiar faces and know how you had got on since our last social gathering at the Tavern.

Yes the Tavern is a great place and the food is excellent both from the bar and in the restaurant.

For those who are interested there is a Quiz (Trivia) night in that room we was in at Buderim Tavern on a Tuesday evening starting at 7pm.

A great night but be warned a lot of questions are Australia related and sport related.

Barry and I only go there when our friends from Buderim are available because she is living with an Australian guy who is nuts about sport, and she is great on music and tv, so we just sit there and answer those old UK music questions hehehehe.

Hope that some of you can make the Tuesday evenings, it's great fun.

Caz

Guest Jamesuk

We just wanted to say it was great to catch up with you all last night. Great turn out and always interesting to hear all the stories and meet up with some like minded poms! We just needed more time to get to know you all!

Look forward to catching up with you all again sometime soon,

James and Jodie Clark

Guest nutsobird

Hi Julie

We met you on Saturday night at the Tavern we were the oldies at the end of the table!

did you enjoy the evening?

Liz

• 2 months later...
Guest JGirl
Hi Guys

My husband and I are emigrating to the Sunshine Coast in February 2011 (flights all booked, just waiting for the precious time to pass!) looking around the Maroochydore, Buderim and Coolum areas.

Im 27 and Hubby is 29 (fancies himself as a bit of a surfer!) if anyone else is in the same boat or already living the dream and would like to keep in touch possibly meet up for a drink, coffee, bbq (anything really!) when we arrive, let me know!! :biggrin:

Hello, we live in Noosa! We are 35 and 32, with a 2 year old. Been here a year and LOVE it! Let me know how you are all doing.

• 1 month later...

we lived in Mountain Creek up the GLENFIELDS BOULAVARD up untill 5 weeks ago, we now livee on the Gold Coast , my children both went to Mountain creek Primary and the High School they were very happy there, who must be in the catcchment areaa for the school although sometimes under special circumstance they do allow you to attend the School.My friends children go to Chanchellor at Sippy Downs and she lives in Buderim.There is a great youth group at the GOODLIFE CENTER in Buderim WHICH MY CHILDREN LOVED which is on a Friday evening youngsters 5 -7pm and year 8 upwards 7-9.30.Mooloolaba is a beautiful place you will love it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nicki

Hi all

We r moving up to sunshine coast in October from Melbourne we r 48 & 46 bringing our 19 yr old daughter and 2 dogs with us not sure which area to move to any ideas would be great will have to rent first before we buy

Nicki

Archived