Bedding

mickyb

Hi , can anyone tell me if a quilt cover king size will fit ok on Oz queen size bed . Seen people writing aboutpoor quality bedding in Oz so taking light tog quilt and few covers and sheets over but now mrs b is panicking they won't fit ! Thanks Micky

Hi , can anyone tell me if a quilt cover king size will fit ok on Oz queen size bed . Seen people writing aboutpoor quality bedding in Oz so taking light tog quilt and few covers and sheets over but now mrs b is panicking they won't fit ! Thanks Micky

:wubclub::wubclub::wubclub::biglaugh::wink:Doesnt have to fit "perfectly" does it mick,whats an inch or two between a cpl:cute:

Hiya , it will be ok, not noticeably the wrong size anyway. I have a few king size sets i brought and use them no problem on our bed. Wish id brought more bedding really, but heh ho, lol i have just learnt to stock up when the sales are on.lol.

Cal x

Hiya , it will be ok, not noticeably the wrong size anyway. I have a few king size sets i brought and use them no problem on our bed. Wish id brought more bedding really, but heh ho, lol i have just learnt to stock up when the sales are on.lol.

Cal x

When I get over to OZ you'll have to head down to Melbourne and I'll take you shopping, I'll show you some great prices on sheets, clothes etc :wubclub:

When I get over to OZ you'll have to head down to Melbourne and I'll take you shopping, I'll show you some great prices on sheets, clothes etc :wubclub:

I've seen plenty of decent cheap stuff but everybody(women) keeps telling the mrs to bring bedding . And not just whinging poms but zims and couple of oz's.Still once I find a tescos i'l be alright !

• 5 weeks later...

Everyone keeps telling me to bring bedding too, do you think i need to bring towels etc, or will these be ok to buy in Oz?

Tracy123 - where abouts in Melbourne are you, Im heading to Melbourne in two weeks and pretty much have 10 days to kit out the house before xmas, so anyadvise on shops etc would be fab

gotta buy at least a bed and a washing machine to get through xmas

Guest thelongwait

no, i reckon the towels here are fine. lots of nice beach towels in the shops at the moment.

i would go to Kmart or Target or Big W, for cheap towels and home furnishings. you'll find them in every big shopping centre here. there are a few Ikeas around too.

i agree that it's hard to get decent bedding though. i still use a couple of sheets i brought over from the UK. the sheets that i bought in australia went all bobbly straight away! i reckon the actual quilts are okay though - even if they insist on calling them a "doona"!

:wubclub::wubclub::wubclub::biglaugh::wink:Doesnt have to fit "perfectly" does it mick,whats an inch or two between a cpl:cute:

im sorry pablo , but we have recently bourght a king size (Oz King) and omg i can put my arm straight out to touch my wife and still cant feel her ........its great to have space and great for the kids to join us now n again but with such a big bed its like sleeping alone , its so strange and its not just me , mrs tonyman thinks the same , we just dont touch anymore like we use to ........:unsure:

We have an Aussie king size bed and love it.

Nothing stops us from "visiting" as we good to sleep...we usually drift off in a cuddle. However, when one of us wakes up too warm--and this is Queensland so eventually you ALWAYS wake up too warm!--it's nice to separate and find a cool patch.

Bob

Hi there

Can someone help me out.... are bed sizes different aswel in Oz...?

This is the first i've heard of bringing bedding with you etc - we have a double bed at home but with a king size quilt cover - wot size bed will this fit on in Oz...?? Sorry if this is a dumb question!!! :confused:

Archived