Skype Interview Next Week!

surflen22

Guest bobkerry

hey don't be afraid....skype is really helpful and now a days people are conducting interviews on skype in order to make their work effective as well as efficient..so do not worry

Hi I'm hoping this thread is a bit of hope for me! I have been home from Oz for 5 months. Was looking to stay but I didn't get 2nd year. I was told that sponsorship wasn't really gonna be on the table as everyone seemed to be really tightening On things like that. I'm a PA in banking I have been for ten years all in all a "secretary etc" .... I don't really know wat options are open to me as I'm not a skilled migrant! So glad I see this as I will now persevere with the seek Pplications and highlight that I need sponsorship. Any other ideas welcome!! Thanks Nina

Thank guys! It all still seems like a bit of a dream at the moment. Waiting to get the contract through now but until I'm sitting on the plane I probably won't believe it!

Its quite hard for those around me (who haven't got the goal of getting out there) to really appreciate how much this means to me so the feedback and advice on this forum is really invaluable.

One happy little bunny (and I might even start to relax once I get the contract :biggrin: )

Congratulations mate! Good luck on your new adventure, and I am sure it will be a great one :wink:

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest vero1971

Congratulations to you. I just imagine how you are feeling right now! By never giving up and sticking to your dream, you've proved that it is possible. Well done! It will be my turn next to post a similar message as yours! Best wishes :cool:

Hi there,

I had a skype interview with a potential employer and it went so well that they paid for me to fly down to Canberra when i landed in Melbourne the following week.

Treat it like a proper job interview, and i would recommend the following:

Check time of interview, i was expecting it at 10 pm, they came on at 11.

Make sure you`re fresh and alert..maybe have a shower and coffee beforehand.

Have a glass of water at hand...in case your mouth drys up due to too much talking.

Make sure your`e in a quiet place and won`t be disturbed.

Double check you have sufficient credits in case you have to call them back etc.

Copies of CV, Job ad and notes and pen and paper etc

The above might sound blindingly obvious, but it can be easy to forget the small things lol

The job i went for was a sponsored one, i flew to Melbourne to see 7 potential employers.

This company was the first i saw, picked up at the airport, went to the company and met the people, then out for dinner,following day picked breakfast and a quick drive around Canberra, final chat before leaving.

AND THEY OFFERED ME THE JOB THERE AND THEN...

Got my visa approved last Friday, landed back in Manchester Sunday night, packing up and flying there in 3 weeks for a new start.

Hope everything goes well for you

Best wishes

Andrew

Got my visa approved last Friday........

Thanks for sharing Andrew and congrats mate! You must be really excited and in 7 heavens! :biggrin:

Good luck mate!

Cheers

B!K3R

Hi there,

I had a skype interview with a potential employer and it went so well that they paid for me to fly down to Canberra when i landed in Melbourne the following week.

Treat it like a proper job interview, and i would recommend the following:

Check time of interview, i was expecting it at 10 pm, they came on at 11.

Make sure you`re fresh and alert..maybe have a shower and coffee beforehand.

Have a glass of water at hand...in case your mouth drys up due to too much talking.

Make sure your`e in a quiet place and won`t be disturbed.

Double check you have sufficient credits in case you have to call them back etc.

Copies of CV, Job ad and notes and pen and paper etc

The above might sound blindingly obvious, but it can be easy to forget the small things lol

The job i went for was a sponsored one, i flew to Melbourne to see 7 potential employers.

This company was the first i saw, picked up at the airport, went to the company and met the people, then out for dinner,following day picked breakfast and a quick drive around Canberra, final chat before leaving.

Got my visa approved last Friday, landed back in Manchester Sunday night, packing up and flying there in 3 weeks for a new start.

Hope everything goes well for you

Best wishes

Andrew

:jiggy:Wow Congrats !

Brideycollette

Hi congratulations i hope it all goes well. Is it easier to get sponsorship or just fly over to aussie and get sponsership and a job there?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently applied for a job and arranged a Skype Video interview with the MD (who was in Dubai). I added his user name as a contact, but at the appointed time (having being contacted by his PA by e mail to confirm that he was about to contact me) i waited, but it he didn`t appear, i waited and e mailed his PA who thanked me for interest and wished me well in my job search !

Contacted skype, who checked and confirmed that the Skype user name wasn`t recognised, i cut and pasted the content of the conversation and e mailed to both the PA andthe interviewer, he admitted that it was an alias, and gave me his real skype name which i added.

Another interview was arranged, and i was on skype chatting to a friend, an hour before the interview was due. When the interview time arrived, he wasn`t there and he didn`t contact me. His PA again e mailed me to say that he was contacting me. The interview never took place.

My advice to any one would be to check that your skype phone/video works in advance by contacting someone with Skype, also make sure that the skype name they give is recognised.

Guest Alligator

Good luck my OH had a Skype interview before Christmas, and they flew him to oz last week to meet him. Offered him a job and sponsorship, we are just awaiting details of the 'package' before embarking on our journey.

Archived