Doubt regarding Proof of fund for SA Sponsorship...Please help MARA Agent

tejas

Guest jigarercivil

Its not a wise decision to re assess and accept new code as a structural engg... you need to prove that u r working as a structural engg and might be u r graduation in structural engg...

SA will not take a decision now...and we need to wait for next year...but now i feeling that its wise to take SS of WA or VIC rather than SA .....because SA is big but nothing about development....if we can get SS of VIC then its best I know its hard to get SS of VIC but there is some hope also so much jobs in VIC....if not VIC then WA also better than SA...I know its take much time around 4 months to take decision for SS...but getting SS is mostly 100% and it is developing very fast compared to other states and so many jobs in mining etc...so wait for SMP

Wait for next financial year? I think that starts 01 July 2011 and that's too long to wait. I might apply for new assessment for Structural Engineer. I have ave of 6.5 IELTS and that leaves me to VIC option only.

When do you think our sa ss application would be decided?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest polymath
Its not a wise decision to re assess and accept new code as a structural engg... you need to prove that u r working as a structural engg and might be u r graduation in structural engg...

SA will not take a decision now...and we need to wait for next year...but now i feeling that its wise to take SS of WA or VIC rather than SA .....because SA is big but nothing about development....if we can get SS of VIC then its best I know its hard to get SS of VIC but there is some hope also so much jobs in VIC....if not VIC then WA also better than SA...I know its take much time around 4 months to take decision for SS...but getting SS is mostly 100% and it is developing very fast compared to other states and so many jobs in mining etc...so wait for SMP

Actually my experience are mostly in structural and I was assessed as Civil Engineer because there was no assessment for Structural from EA before. But it is a good idea to apply for WA and VIC but till now we don't know their requirements. And waiting for ss and EA have the same time frames. Besides, I guess only few yet are assessed as Structural and that opens the door wider for me. What do you think?

Guest jigarercivil

Its ok you can apply for re assessment....But one big mistake was that why you have applied for civil engineer at SA ? why not for Structural engineer.... I think if your exp is mainly related to structural engineering than you can send a mail to SA and tell them to review your resume and if possible then move your application to structure engineering...

My exp also related to structure but not purely....my old job related to site and recent job is structure cum architecture....but I dont want to change my asco code because asco has lot impact when you will be in australia (:eek:)...if you assessed as a structure then its difficult to get a job in civil field (I am not sure but might be)

One more thing....I have applied for SA thought only for visa...but now i am thinking that if due to ss of vic or WA my visa procedure can be prolonged but in those state some hope for job whereas in SA hope are so low...but if u want just a visa then you can change your asco code and apply for SA..but might be after re assess maybe structure engg space not vacant ...what will you do in that case?

Best thing is to wait for WA...there is much hope for job and SS also....finally its upto you which path you want to accept...I send my contact no in personal message if you want to call then u can call me:jiggy:

Actually my experience are mostly in structural and I was assessed as Civil Engineer because there was no assessment for Structural from EA before. But it is a good idea to apply for WA and VIC but till now we don't know their requirements. And waiting for ss and EA have the same time frames. Besides, I guess only few yet are assessed as Structural and that opens the door wider for me. What do you think?

Guest polymath
Its ok you can apply for re assessment....But one big mistake was that why you have applied for civil engineer at SA ? why not for Structural engineer.... I think if your exp is mainly related to structural engineering than you can send a mail to SA and tell them to review your resume and if possible then move your application to structure engineering...

My exp also related to structure but not purely....my old job related to site and recent job is structure cum architecture....but I dont want to change my asco code because asco has lot impact when you will be in australia (:eek:)...if you assessed as a structure then its difficult to get a job in civil field (I am not sure but might be)

One more thing....I have applied for SA thought only for visa...but now i am thinking that if due to ss of vic or WA my visa procedure can be prolonged but in those state some hope for job whereas in SA hope are so low...but if u want just a visa then you can change your asco code and apply for SA..but might be after re assess maybe structure engg space not vacant ...what will you do in that case?

Best thing is to wait for WA...there is much hope for job and SS also....finally its upto you which path you want to accept...I send my contact no in personal message if you want to call then u can call me:jiggy:

I am also thinking the same thing...to ask SA for reconsideration. I have attached emails of 3 different companies waiting for my visa to be approved in my set of documents sent to SA.

I was not assessed as structural engineer because only civil engineer was on EA's list when I applied. But I narrated mostly structural including my coe.

I did not find your PM. So do you have idea when WA and VIC will open? I am really depressed now.

Guest jigarercivil

Yep its good thing you did..send a mail and informed immi SA that your job profile more related to Structural engg rather than civil engg....I am sure they will accept your application and will approve in short time...and if you can get SS from SA then worth to apply for 176 rather than waiting for WA or VIC..because getting VIC is to tough and WA taking to much time to approve ss...also if you can get SS from SA then you can save 300$(WA application fees):biglaugh: also... so i think approve from SA is worth compared to other things

I am also thinking the same thing...to ask SA for reconsideration. I have attached emails of 3 different companies waiting for my visa to be approved in my set of documents sent to SA.

I was not assessed as structural engineer because only civil engineer was on EA's list when I applied. But I narrated mostly structural including my coe.

I did not find your PM. So do you have idea when WA and VIC will open? I am really depressed now.

You guys seem to have 3 or more years experience in civil engineering. Might I suggest you try New Zealand or Canada? Your occupation is in high demand in these countries especially with the level of work experience you have. It would be far less painful to apply to those countries than Australia since the Australian immigration process is so uncertain with the fast changing rules. Also, the visa process is much, much longer in Australia which is causing much grief to a lot of applicants. Have a good day guys.

Guest jigarercivil

hi plolymath what happen with u r application ? today my application approved I sent you a PM call me or send me u r cell no

Are you approved? SA announced they have reached the planning level. What's next?

Hi Dear

my case also same to your one. i got my EA assessment 21 may. however at that time structural engineer was not on the list. i have applied for sa on 27-09-2010. I am working for 3 years as a structural engineer in dubai. my two career episode was also design based. i am thinking to do like u. either i will contact EA or SA..please inform me if u will get any positive response from SA.

Regards

Joy...

Guest polymath
hi plolymath what happen with u r application ? today my application approved I sent you a PM call me or send me u r cell no

Wow! What a good news my friend. Congrats! I have not read your message yet. Just keep in touch. I hope me too soon!

Guest polymath
Hi Dear

my case also same to your one. i got my EA assessment 21 may. however at that time structural engineer was not on the list. i have applied for sa on 27-09-2010. I am working for 3 years as a structural engineer in dubai. my two career episode was also design based. i am thinking to do like u. either i will contact EA or SA..please inform me if u will get any positive response from SA.

Regards

Joy...

No response yet from SA. I am still hoping for a positive result same with jigarercivil. Are you planning to resumbit to EA for Structural?

Guest jigarercivil
No response yet from SA. I am still hoping for a positive result same with jigarercivil. Are you planning to resumbit to EA for Structural?

can u send me u r cell no or call me on 9033018815 plz call me or send me message i want to talk with u

Guest jigarercivil

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Wow! What a good news my friend. Congrats! I have not read your message yet. Just keep in touch. I hope me too soon!

Guest polymath

Do you think I can apply for new occupation listed in the interim list? Since Civil Engineers is closed can I submit for Structural Engineer. I know I have the experience but not assessed by EA however, SA says something about correlation of ASCO and ANSZO code that I can't understand.

Anyone, please?

Guest jigarercivil

Yes dear, if your exp related to structural engg then definitely you can apply for structural engg because before few months there were no structural code...and your assessment in ASCO code so definitely you can apply for Structural engg...'

SO dont waste time apply as soon now:cool:

Do you think I can apply for new occupation listed in the interim list? Since Civil Engineers is closed can I submit for Structural Engineer. I know I have the experience but not assessed by EA however, SA says something about correlation of ASCO and ANSZO code that I can't understand.

Anyone, please?

Guest polymath
Yes dear, if your exp related to structural engg then definitely you can apply for structural engg because before few months there were no structural code...and your assessment in ASCO code so definitely you can apply for Structural engg...'

SO dont waste time apply as soon now:cool:

Thanks my friend. I mean, applying for SS without assessment from EA of structural engineer but using my ASCO assessment for civil engineer.:wink:

Guest abeersalik

Anyone, please?

Dear Polymath,

IMO you should start a new thread regarding this issue to gain attention of others. It's an important issue and needs to be discussed separately. So far SA has excluded CE, others may do the same, who knows!

Regards

SA

Guest abeersalik

Dear Polymath,

I waited for your new thread but.....anyways. Hope some Civil/Structural Engineers read this post and share their opinions and experiences, specially someone assessed under 233214.

I have few suggestions but before that let me share my experience. I am also a civil engineer by profession with experience in structural engineering all related to building structures. I applied to EA on April 2010 (under ASCO 2124-11 Civil Engineer) and got assessed in August 2010 as ANZSCO 233211 Civil Engineer. I submitted my CEs based on civil eng undergrad project (related to monitoring and maintenance of bridges) and the other two purely based on my structural eng experiences (hotels, malls, apartments, schools, etc). While the assessment was underway, after July 1st, I inquired EA on what code my assessment outcome would be. Their reply was “Only the result of assessment against the relevant ABS definition of ANZSCO will determine the outcome”.

My job roles as described in my CDR were:

• Reviewing Pre-design Documents including architectural details, geotechnical reports, seismic and wind data, etc;

• Performing Analysis and Design of reinforced concrete buildings including new construction, strengthening and repair of existing structures;

• Coordinating and Inter-phasing with Architects, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and other Consultants;

• Preparing Concept Stage, Design Development and Construction Drawings;

• Periodic Field Inspections during construction stage within and outside the town;

• Liaison with Clients, Contractors and Material Suppliers;

• Preparing Project Presentations, Design and Tender Documents and Reports

Based on above job role they couldn’t assessed me as 233214 STRUCTURAL ENGINEER because my job role is quite mixed type and is not limited to only statical and dynamic analysis of structures. If your case is similar then don't go for re-assessment from EA.

As far as your application for state sponsorship is concerned you should immediately do following:

1. Contact EA for the validity of your assessment outcome under ASCO code.

a) How much time do you have to apply for the visa

b) Ask EA, Is there any way to have in writing from them for the correlation of ASCO 2124-11 to ANZSCO 233211 and 233214. Remember to ask them for both the codes. 90% chances are they will not entertain you and refer you back to DIAC endorsed correlation which is in favor of your case.

Because

DIAC says at Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)

Acceptable ASCO to ANZSCO correlations for the various skilled visa programs

As explained above, to support the acceptability of a combination of ASCO or ANZSCO information (a skills assessment in one standard and a nominated occupation in the other standard) when applying for a visa, the department has examined each relevant acceptable ASCO occupation code and correlated it to its matching ANZSCO occupation code(s). This has been done for each of the following lists:

• the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) as at 1 July 2010

• the Employer Nomination Scheme Occupation List (ENSOL) as at 1 July 2010.

In some cases, more than one ANZSCO occupation code is considered to be an acceptable correlation to one ASCO code. In other cases, one ANZSCO occupation code is considered to be an acceptable correlation to more than one ASCO code.

Departmental-endorsed correlations from ASCO occupations to ANZSCO occupations for both the SOL and ENSOL are available.

See: Skilled Occupation Lists (Formerly Known as Form 1121i).

It says An applicant with a relevant valid skills assessment in an ASCO occupation should map it to the relevant ANZSCO occupation.

In addition, a generic list of all departmental-endorsed correlations from ASCO to ANZSCO (not limited to just those occupations used in skilled visa programs) is available.

See: DIAC-endorsed ASCO-ANZSCO correlations – All occupations.

Only ASCO-ANZSCO correlations endorsed by the department are acceptable for skilled visa program purposes

Only those ASCO-ANZSCO correlations endorsed by the department as acceptable for skilled visa program purposes can be used in ASCO-ANZSCO transitional arrangements.

Occupation information (such as a valid skills assessment) can only be used under transitional arrangements if all the following circumstances apply.

• a departmental-endorsed ASCO-ANZSCO correlation for that particular occupation exists

• that occupation continues to be an acceptable occupation for skilled visa program purposes

• the skills assessment is still valid (validity periods are determined by skills assessing authorities and may differ between occupations/authorities).

If any of the above circumstances do not apply, then the occupation information may not be considered under skilled visa program transitional arrangements.

If you are unsure whether your skills assessment is still valid, you will need to contact the relevant authority that issued the skills assessment.

2. You should ask state departments for the correlation of your ASCO-ANZSCO code as Queensland is offering the correlation themselves as suggested to me. They will assess you based on your job roles as described in your resume.

3. IMO, do not wait for SA. QLD, VIC, NSW & WA have much better opportunities for Civil/Structural Engineers. Try one of them unless you have specific reason to settle in SA.

And please, do not waste your time and start communicating to the concerned departments. Once the SMPs are out, you won’t have much time to think over.

Hope this helps you out.

Regards

SA

Guest jigarercivil

Have you applied for SS SA or still confusion between civil and structural ?

Thanks my friend. I mean, applying for SS without assessment from EA of structural engineer but using my ASCO assessment for civil engineer.:wink:

Guest jigarercivil
Dear Polymath,

I waited for your new thread but.....anyways. Hope some Civil/Structural Engineers read this post and share their opinions and experiences, specially someone assessed under 233214.

I have few suggestions but before that let me share my experience. I am also a civil engineer by profession with experience in structural engineering all related to building structures. I applied to EA on April 2010 (under ASCO 2124-11 Civil Engineer) and got assessed in August 2010 as ANZSCO 233211 Civil Engineer. I submitted my CEs based on civil eng undergrad project (related to monitoring and maintenance of bridges) and the other two purely based on my structural eng experiences (hotels, malls, apartments, schools, etc). While the assessment was underway, after July 1st, I inquired EA on what code my assessment outcome would be. Their reply was “Only the result of assessment against the relevant ABS definition of ANZSCO will determine the outcome”.

My job roles as described in my CDR were:

• Reviewing Pre-design Documents including architectural details, geotechnical reports, seismic and wind data, etc;

• Performing Analysis and Design of reinforced concrete buildings including new construction, strengthening and repair of existing structures;

• Coordinating and Inter-phasing with Architects, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and other Consultants;

• Preparing Concept Stage, Design Development and Construction Drawings;

• Periodic Field Inspections during construction stage within and outside the town;

• Liaison with Clients, Contractors and Material Suppliers;

• Preparing Project Presentations, Design and Tender Documents and Reports

Based on above job role they couldn’t assessed me as 233214 STRUCTURAL ENGINEER because my job role is quite mixed type and is not limited to only statical and dynamic analysis of structures. If your case is similar then don't go for re-assessment from EA.

As far as your application for state sponsorship is concerned you should immediately do following:

1. Contact EA for the validity of your assessment outcome under ASCO code.

a) How much time do you have to apply for the visa

b) Ask EA, Is there any way to have in writing from them for the correlation of ASCO 2124-11 to ANZSCO 233211 and 233214. Remember to ask them for both the codes. 90% chances are they will not entertain you and refer you back to DIAC endorsed correlation which is in favor of your case.

Because

DIAC says at Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)

Acceptable ASCO to ANZSCO correlations for the various skilled visa programs

As explained above, to support the acceptability of a combination of ASCO or ANZSCO information (a skills assessment in one standard and a nominated occupation in the other standard) when applying for a visa, the department has examined each relevant acceptable ASCO occupation code and correlated it to its matching ANZSCO occupation code(s). This has been done for each of the following lists:

• the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) as at 1 July 2010

• the Employer Nomination Scheme Occupation List (ENSOL) as at 1 July 2010.

In some cases, more than one ANZSCO occupation code is considered to be an acceptable correlation to one ASCO code. In other cases, one ANZSCO occupation code is considered to be an acceptable correlation to more than one ASCO code.

Departmental-endorsed correlations from ASCO occupations to ANZSCO occupations for both the SOL and ENSOL are available.

See: Skilled Occupation Lists (Formerly Known as Form 1121i).

It says An applicant with a relevant valid skills assessment in an ASCO occupation should map it to the relevant ANZSCO occupation.

In addition, a generic list of all departmental-endorsed correlations from ASCO to ANZSCO (not limited to just those occupations used in skilled visa programs) is available.

See: DIAC-endorsed ASCO-ANZSCO correlations – All occupations.

Only ASCO-ANZSCO correlations endorsed by the department are acceptable for skilled visa program purposes

Only those ASCO-ANZSCO correlations endorsed by the department as acceptable for skilled visa program purposes can be used in ASCO-ANZSCO transitional arrangements.

Occupation information (such as a valid skills assessment) can only be used under transitional arrangements if all the following circumstances apply.

• a departmental-endorsed ASCO-ANZSCO correlation for that particular occupation exists

• that occupation continues to be an acceptable occupation for skilled visa program purposes

• the skills assessment is still valid (validity periods are determined by skills assessing authorities and may differ between occupations/authorities).

If any of the above circumstances do not apply, then the occupation information may not be considered under skilled visa program transitional arrangements.

If you are unsure whether your skills assessment is still valid, you will need to contact the relevant authority that issued the skills assessment.

2. You should ask state departments for the correlation of your ASCO-ANZSCO code as Queensland is offering the correlation themselves as suggested to me. They will assess you based on your job roles as described in your resume.

3. IMO, do not wait for SA. QLD, VIC, NSW & WA have much better opportunities for Civil/Structural Engineers. Try one of them unless you have specific reason to settle in SA.

And please, do not waste your time and start communicating to the concerned departments. Once the SMPs are out, you won’t have much time to think over.

Hope this helps you out.

Regards

SA

Hi dear, I read your post so long and interesting...I have checked your duties and its contains mixed up exp ..I can understand that as a civil engineer, person do design, preparation drawings, Quantity , estimation, planning.... etc... It means civil engineer role not specific to design its contains lots of activity....

I know your core activities related to structural engg but u assessed as a civil engg...Because difference between asia and australia education is ....In asia most of the university gives civil engg degree rather than structural engg... And in Australia there is difference between civil engg and structural engg...atleast degree wise...Now you are degree in civil so your assessment as a civil engg... and i think now u cant change your code....atleast for 1 year...So i think wait for few days ....other state will announce and WA is best place for civil engineer...

I am also engg..I have 5+ exp....3 years site engg... 2.5 design engg... in BIM (building information model)....but to get SS, resume is the important thing so mainly focus on your resume specifically if you want SS from VIC. Try to impose as much possible details in resume...Training, workshop, achievements,references, career goal, objective....Dont try to write all the projects on which you have worked...but list down 2 or 3 but give max details of those projects. May be 1 MS word page for 1 project means in 1 page only contains duties of 1 project..I know lots of effort but CV is important thing to get SS...My CV contains 7 pages...:arghh:

I hope it really helps for u

Guest abeersalik
Hi dear, I read your post so long and interesting...I have checked your duties and its contains mixed up exp ..I can understand that as a civil engineer, person do design, preparation drawings, Quantity , estimation, planning.... etc... It means civil engineer role not specific to design its contains lots of activity....

I know your core activities related to structural engg but u assessed as a civil engg...Because difference between asia and australia education is ....In asia most of the university gives civil engg degree rather than structural engg... And in Australia there is difference between civil engg and structural engg...atleast degree wise...Now you are degree in civil so your assessment as a civil engg... and i think now u cant change your code....atleast for 1 year...So i think wait for few days ....other state will announce and WA is best place for civil engineer...

I am also engg..I have 5+ exp....3 years site engg... 2.5 design engg... in BIM (building information model)....but to get SS resume is the important thing so mainly focus on your resume specifically if you want SS from VIC. Try to impose as much possible details in resume...Training, workshop, achievements,references, career goal, objective....Dont try to write all the projects on which you worked...but list down 2 or 3 but give max details of those projects. May be 1 MS word page for 1 project means in 1 page only contains duties of 1 project..I know lots of effort but CV is important thing to get SS...My CV contains 7 pages...:arghh:

I hope it really helps for u

Hi Jigar,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry if you got any impression from my post that I am looking for SS....actually I am not. I am 175 applicant. Anyways, thanks for your effort.

Just to share with you, Asian universities are offering the same courses of Civil/Structural engineering as any other university in rest of the world including Australia. Whether it is MIT, Imperial College London, National Uni of S'pore, AIT or Uni of Sydney (Uni of Melbourne only offers Masters courses in Structural engg so not including it), all offers structures as a course of B Engg Civil.

IMO, EA may have assessed me as 233214 if:

1. I have purely narrated my CEs based on detailed anlaysis, design and supervision of structures which I did not.....obviously no distinction between Civil and Structural Engineers at that time otherwise I would have preferred to do it for 233214.

and/or

2. I had a post graduate degree in Structural engg.

Despite above, I am happy to have 233211 as in actual I am doing multi-tasking job.

Regarding CV, your guidance can help SS applicants for sure but the CV should be so much lengthy only if you are applying for SS not for a job application. It should not be more than 4 pages of A4. I am sure you are already aware of it.

Regards,

SA

Guest jigarercivil
Hi Jigar,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry if you got any impression from my post that I am looking for SS....actually I am not. I am 175 applicant. Anyways, thanks for your effort.

Just to share with you, Asian universities are offering the same courses of Civil/Structural engineering as any other university in rest of the world including Australia. Whether it is MIT, Imperial College London, National Uni of S'pore, AIT or Uni of Sydney (Uni of Melbourne only offers Masters courses in Structural engg so not including it), all offers structures as a course of B Engg Civil.

IMO, EA may have assessed me as 233214 if:

1. I have purely narrated my CEs based on detailed anlaysis, design and supervision of structures which I did not.....obviously no distinction between Civil and Structural Engineers at that time otherwise I would have preferred to do it for 233214.

and/or

2. I had a post graduate degree in Structural engg.

Despite above, I am happy to have 233211 as in actual I am doing multi-tasking job.

Regarding CV, your guidance can help SS applicants for sure but the CV should be so much lengthy only if you are applying for SS not for a job application. It should not be more than 4 pages of A4. I am sure you are already aware of it.

Regards,

SA

Aha I was not aware about that you are applicant of 175 category... so you dont need to worry about SS...but obviously more waiting compared to 175 but more felxibility...

And we are discussing about SS not for getting a job...Now most of the people worried about SS rather than job...and you know that SS plays a pivotal role right now not a job....NO VISA definately NO JOB

Right now getting SS is more tougher than getting job.... Thats why I wrote about lengthly resume..sorry u dont know because u r 175 category applicant...and if u know then VIC always wants lengthly resume (detail resume) and due to thats reason so many applicant's SS refused....And for job, definitely 7 pages resume so long....3-4 pages is enough:jiggy:

Guest abeersalik
Aha I was not aware about that you are applicant of 175 category... so you dont need to worry about SS...but obviously more waiting compared to 175 but more felxibility...

And we are discussing about SS not for getting a job...Now most of the people worried about SS rather than job...and you know that SS plays a pivotal role right now not a job....NO VISA definately NO JOB

Right now getting SS is more tougher than getting job.... Thats why I wrote about lengthly resume..sorry u dont know because u r 175 category applicant...and if u know then VIC always wants lengthly resume (detail resume) and due to thats reason so many applicant's SS refused....And for job, definitely 7 pages resume so long....3-4 pages is enough:jiggy:

Having Visa but No job!!! :arghh: ...... anyways, SMPs are surely very sensitve issue these days. I wish all the SMP applicants get the good news soon.

Not against the lengthy resume for SS as mine was also 7 pages long when I was planning to apply thru 176 ;)....I know lil bit about the process as I have gone thru the tough decision of selecting 175 rather than 176. Things become quite complex when you have multiple options to select the best one. The term 'flexibility' was the reason for me.

Kind Regards and Best of Luck in your 176 process.

SA

Guest polymath
Having Visa but No job!!! :arghh: ...... anyways, SMPs are surely very sensitve issue these days. I wish all the SMP applicants get the good news soon.

Not against the lengthy resume for SS as mine was also 7 pages long when I was planning to apply thru 176 ;)....I know lil bit about the process as I have gone thru the tough decision of selecting 175 rather than 176. Things become quite complex when you have multiple options to select the best one. The term 'flexibility' was the reason for me.

Kind Regards and Best of Luck in your 176 process.

SA

Hi guys!

Thanks for your thoughts and kind supports.

Here are two (3) options I am considering now.

1) Apply for state sponsorship using Structural Engineer (ANZSCO 233214) instead of Civil Engineer (ASCO 2124-11).

Doubt: Although it is endorsed by DIAC as correlated based from SOL schedule 3, I doubt how to prove them. I already contacted EA about this but no response yet. I am expecting their answer that they will advise me then to submit new assessment under ANZSCO 233214. In this case, it takes a long route considering 16 weeks of outcome.

2) Just apply for new skills assessment for ANZSCO 233214.

Doubt: Since it is a long route, there might be some changes again in the future which we don't know if it is still open for state sponsorship.

3) Just do option 1 and option 3.

What do you think? I am really confused now.

Guest abeersalik
Hi guys!

Thanks for your thoughts and kind supports.

Here are two (3) options I am considering now.

1) Apply for state sponsorship using Structural Engineer (ANZSCO 233214) instead of Civil Engineer (ASCO 2124-11).

Doubt: Although it is endorsed by DIAC as correlated based from SOL schedule 3, I doubt how to prove them. I already contacted EA about this but no response yet. I am expecting their answer that they will advise me then to submit new assessment under ANZSCO 233214. In this case, it takes a long route considering 16 weeks of outcome.

2) Just apply for new skills assessment for ANZSCO 233214.

Doubt: Since it is a long route, there might be some changes again in the future which we don't know if it is still open for state sponsorship.

3) Just do option 1 and option 3.

What do you think? I am really confused now.

......and confusing others......what's the option 3 BTW?

If your SS documents have been received by SA then you should have applied under civil engineer category, is it so? In that case you should write to them about changing your occupation from civil to structural giving DIAC endorsed correlation reference and your job role reference as a str engr.

and why you are so eager to apply to SA? any specific reason may I ask?

No need to get re-assessed.

Regards,

SA

Guest polymath
......and confusing others......what's the option 3 BTW?

If your SS documents have been received by SA then you should have applied under civil engineer category, is it so? In that case you should write to them about changing your occupation from civil to structural giving DIAC endorsed correlation reference and your job role reference as a str engr.

and why you are so eager to apply to SA? any specific reason may I ask?

No need to get re-assessed.

Regards,

SA

I have applied SS from SA but refused due to reaching its planning level. I asked for reconsideration and discussed that I have mostly structural experience but they refuse to give clear answer. Instead they advised me to submit new assessment if I am not sure about my skills assessment.

It seems its easier to get ss from other states and have some job prospects. Those are the main reasons I want SA but I am open to other states.

Do you think I don't need to be reassessed?

Archived