Laptops in hand luggage?

Pozz

Hi guys

I am due to fly out in 2 weeks so plotting what I need to pack. Unfortunately I only have 20kg in the hold, and 7kg as hand luggage with Thai Air.

My query is with laptops. Im sure I heard a rumor that you can carry one aditionally to your hand luggage. Is this the case?

I really hope its true as I have too many gadgets I need to carry and 7kg wont go very far.

Thank you thats great. Its such a measly weight allowance so if I can carry it as extra its a big help.

I agree with you there,

Saying that we had 3 kids with us, and on top of their hand luggage they each had a rucksack, which the airline allowed through as these could be tucked under the seat, also i had a handbag and o/h had a bag containing all our paperwork, again this was just allowed through! Good luck with your extras :cute:

Guest mandy1970

We are flying Emirates and they told me that we can only take 1 piece of hand luggage and laptops in their bags were extra and not allowed.

Guest guest33730
We are flying Emirates and they told me that we can only take 1 piece of hand luggage and laptops in their bags were extra and not allowed.

When we flew over with emirates at the end of June from Gatwick, we didn't ask for it, but they told us that laptops were allowed in addition to the hand luggage allowance.

Daniel

The Emirates website does say you are only allowed one piece of cabin luggage. Worth checking with them. It might vary if you are on Business/First Class or you are a Skywards Silver or Gold member possibly.

Guest siamsusie
Hi guys

I am due to fly out in 2 weeks so plotting what I need to pack. Unfortunately I only have 20kg in the hold, and 7kg as hand luggage with Thai Air.

My query is with laptops. Im sure I heard a rumor that you can carry one aditionally to your hand luggage. Is this the case?

I really hope its true as I have too many gadgets I need to carry and 7kg wont go very far.

Hi hope this helps you:wubclub:

Thai Airways: Baggage Fees and Policy - SeatGuru

Carry-On Allowance

All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. In addition to a personal item (overcoat, laptop, purse) passengers are allowed one carry-on bag whose dimensions (length + height + width) does not exceed 115 cm/45 ins and which does not weigh more than 7 kg/15 lbs.

cheers Susie

We each had a laptop as well as very well stuffed cabin sized backpacks for carry on. We were all ok.

Do be aware that you have to remove the laptop from the bag/case for security. That can be a bit of a hassle when you are juggling everything else. Especially if you get a line where they want belts and shoes off too!

Archived