So what happens when the visa is granted ?

lsbc1976

I think it depends on whether the visa is issued electronically (which seems to be the way they're all going). If it is, they don't need your passport so yes you would be free to book a flight. Anyone wanting to check your visa status has to go to a DIAC website to verify it.

I think it depends on whether the visa is issued electronically (which seems to be the way they're all going). If it is, they don't need your passport so yes you would be free to book a flight. Anyone wanting to check your visa status has to go to a DIAC website to verify it.

Not sure about the electronic side of things as we have just received our visa's and were asked to send passports away. Sent to London Aus house on wednesday and we had them back on Friday so really quick..

We had our grant email couple of weeks ago and says it is advisable to send them off for 'evidencing' to AUS House, London, but what it hasn't mentioned is the final instalment of payment..... does anyone know? I have looked online to see if there are any further instructions but its not clear!!

When we applied in April (GSM 175) we had to pay an amount with the application then the balance to pay upon grant.... but no mention in email from them?!

When we applied in April (GSM 175) we had to pay an amount with the application then the balance to pay upon grant.... but no mention in email from them?!

Skilled - Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175)

Charge Type Charge Amount 1st instalment

$2575 2nd instalment

$3575

Do you mean this 2nd instalment, i thought it was only payable for applicants with less than functional english

Guest siamsusie
Just imagine we miraculously recieve and email from diac saying out visas have been granted, what then.

Can we just go to oz or do we need to send passports away ?

My Visa was electronically granted but I did nip down to DIAC and have the Sticker inserted, just for my own peace of mind whilst travelling.:wubclub:

Ha ha, I just checked paperwork and you are right, my Husband budgeted for this 2nd amount so we are quids in, oh well looks like I will be flying business class then lol

we went through the how do i pay the second installment thing. Ignorance and lack of research is bliss when faced with the reality you are $3500 richer. Or not poorer. Although still unsure of wether we have to send the passports of as it says on the grant letter that it's evidence enough.

we went through the how do i pay the second installment thing. Ignorance and lack of research is bliss when faced with the reality you are $3500 richer. Or not poorer. Although still unsure of wether we have to send the passports of as it says on the grant letter that it's evidence enough.

Yes it does say that 'this letter is proof' but in ours it also says it is 'recommended that you send passports for evidencing' and it doesnt cost you anything apart from the postage both ways, so I will be sending ours off as it will be quite nice to see proof in the passports, and if it saves any hassle then I am all for that.

I don't remember sending anything other than my passport and a self-addressed special delivery envelope. I wrote my case number on the envelope addressed to my CO and the return one too me. Sent it on a Monday, had it returned to me on Wedndesday. Super fast turn-around.

Is there a form that has to be sent with the passports or do you just send the grant letter. Its really not too clear

My letter reads like this:

Evidence of your visa

It is recommended that all visa holders obtain evidence of their visa in their current passport.

They can have evidence of their visa placed into their passport at any of the department’s offshore

offices with visa evidencing facilities. Details of addresses and opening times for these overseas

offices can be found at - Contact Us

Please note that a copy of this letter is sufficient for visa evidencing purposes.

IMPORTANT - Visa holders should allow at least five working days after presenting their

passport to a departmental office for the evidencing process to be completed.

If you check out the link above, and find details for Australia House, London, also tells you to send passports by special delivery and include special delivery pouch pre paid for their return and include cover letter with contact details etc. stating you are sending for evidencing and include copy of your grant letter.

That should do it

There is no form for placing your visa on your passport. You can sent them a brief request or you can just avoid it, people in office are quite smart and they know what they need to do.

Archived