$7000 starter home grant

Guest Working to fish

Guest Working to fish

I have a serious question for a change. We've got friends already in oz (in north Queensland) they've just bought their first house and were given a $7000 grant. Can anyone tell me is this the norm for the whole of Queensland?

Thanks for any replies.

Guest NIGEL

Hi

We have just filled the forms in for our $7000 for our new home we're having built you get it if you buy a home or have one built i am also in QLD.

Karen x

Guest NIGEL

Hi

No, no free trees not heard about that one, they can keep the trees i dont want anything that will attract anymore wildlife thanks, and i think ur right cal about being on a PR Visa.

Karen xx

Guest jonseywife

Try this link (its for Victoria though) ........

I think you can also be eligible for a further $5,000 in victoria, so it can be up to $12,000 but you must have a PR visa, and never owned a home in Oz before:

First Home Owner Grant - General Information

But it doesnt mention anything about trees though Chelle ?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no:

Guest writergirl

Getting money back is always a good thing :)

Here's a link to the national site, with links to the states & territories for more specific info First Home Owners Scheme (it's worth following through to the individual states/territories as some offer extra funds over and above the $7k)

And this might be the tree program here... Gold Coast City Council - Free Tree program

Have fun!

Best wishes, Mel

Guest DALE&JO
I have a serious question for a change. We've got friends already in oz (in north Queensland) they've just bought their first house and were given a $7000 grant. Can anyone tell me is this the norm for the whole of Queensland?

Thanks for any replies.

can`t say re Qld, but my hubby is a conveyancer and i know that you receive it here as friends from england who are building just got it!!!!

Guest Working to fish

thanks for all your help every one , as for the trees if there giveing them away i will

have 2 money trees please.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JAMIEKERRIE

Everybody who is buying a house for the 1st time in Aus is eligible- the estate agent will apply for you (It's to help/encourage 1st time buyers out there as they struggle as they do here...)

Just to confirm ,we recieved the money in our bank yesterday ,thats only approx 3 weeks after submitting it ,so they dont seem to hang around.We had to fill in the forms ourselves thou ,the estate agent or solicitor didnt do it ,,

Cal x

Archived