Places to see in Australia?

pablo

Hi mate.

I used to know a fella by the name of Garth who worked on a station in Karratha. At night he would make sure that there were at least half a dozen Huntsmans in and around his bed so that they would eat the mozzies and flies.

I tell you what, it took some getting used to when I stayed up there. Having to share your bed with several members of the arachnid species is a 'different' feel, but very few mozzie or insect bites though.

Cheers Tony:wink:

Mozzies dont like me tone(normally!),i used to share a room in germany with me mate and he said "when they stop buzzing thats when their on yer",used to lie there bevvied laffing me swede off at all the slaps i could hear him inflicting on himself all nite!:biglaugh:

NO WAY am i having bleedin big huntsmen sleeping with me!some of them are as big and look like oscar the grouch from sesame st!!!!!!

I bet all the aussies are saying "yer big tart" to themselves if they read this!:biglaugh:

Serious question tho?they must be used to them,because theyve grown up with them,all new for us innit!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest37336
Mozzies dont like me tone(normally!),i used to share a room in germany with me mate and he said "when they stop buzzing thats when their on yer",used to lie there bevvied laffing me swede off at all the slaps i could hear him inflicting on himself all nite!:biglaugh:

NO WAY am i having bleedin big huntsmen sleeping with me!some of them are as big and look like oscar the grouch from sesame st!!!!!!

I bet all the aussies are saying "yer big tart" to themselves if they read this!:biglaugh:

Serious question tho?they must be used to them,because theyve grown up with them,all new for us innit!

I don't know mate, I have known a few hairy arse Aussies that run a mile when they see a Huntsman etc. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

But in the main they are used to them, and in a way mate, the more you get to see them the more used to them you will become, or maybe not.:wink:

I can 'deal' with them now and accept them, but still put the fear of Jesus up you when you pull back the curtains and one falls on your head.:biglaugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I don't know mate, I have known a few hairy arse Aussies that run a mile when they see a Huntsman etc. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

But in the main they are used to them, and in a way mate, the more you get to see them the more used to them you will become, or maybe not.:wink:

I can 'deal' with them now and accept them, but still put the fear of Jesus up you when you pull back the curtains and one falls on your head.:biglaugh:

Stop it Tony

i don't like any spiders and these big buggers put the fear of god in to me, they arn't seen often are they?:chatterbox:

Stop it Tony

i don't like any spiders and these big buggers put the fear of god in to me, they arn't seen often are they?:chatterbox:

We were only there 3 weeks and seen a huntsman,in the garden next to the patio doors,only a small one tho,about 6 inch wide:biglaugh:,nah it was about 2inch jim

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi Britchickx

i think theres been alot of good places mentioned, but your right there must be more.

I would like my holidays to be, to Sydney, Fiji, Bali, New Zealand and other places like this, i have done europe, the caribbean and America and just imagine these places to go on holiday to, it must be fantastic.

Places to see in Australia?

All of it is magnificent. But it really depends on one's point of view...pun intended.:yes:

Do you want cities? Do you want hilly regions, tropics, deserts, grasslands, rainforests, trees so tall one has to lie down to see the tops?

Do you want exotic birds, extraordinary mammals, weird and wonderful wildlife?

Do you want a night scene where the stars just blaze away and The Milky Way really does look like that, milky?

How about the islands, over 600 in the Great Barrier Reef alone?

What about those (almost) pristine barrier reefs?

Then again, would you prefer gorges and waterfalls?

Australia has so much diversity, it is not possible to see it all in a short holiday.

Sorry folks, but I cannot pinpoint one, or two places alone.

Cheers, Bobj.

Hi Britchickx

i think theres been alot of good places mentioned, but your right there must be more.

I would like my holidays to be, to Sydney, Fiji, Bali, New Zealand and other places like this, i have done europe, the caribbean and America and just imagine these places to go on holiday to, it must be fantastic.

All the pacific Islands, Vanuatu, etc.

Guest sh7t man no way

moreton bay--whale watching mate--sept-oct leaving from reddcliffe peer (north brisbane)--great day out in a beutifull part of the world--theres a big boat that takes you out,and you get a fead included in the price--its about 4 hours:wubclub:

Archived