Places to see in Australia?

pablo

Guest sunnyday
Women!right pair of arl mary ellens you two,i tell yer,what is it

:biglaugh:I was going to say sorry for going off topic on your thread, then I remembered you NEVER do that:wink::biglaugh:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Pabs, do you want to know about the Skyhigh lookout in the hills above Melbourne, or something else. I am a cricket fanatic, so being at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Boxing Day is pretty special, especially this year as it's the Ashes - only about 100,000 people in the 'colosseum' on this day, pretty small sporting crowd for Melbourne really.....:laugh:

Well melb as far as i can remember isnt THAT far away from S.A in aussie terms is it ol?only 37 thousand miles or something,so one day maybe???

But nah,sack the cricket mush!the lookoutsounds ok tho:wubclub:

:biglaugh:I was going to say sorry for going off topic on your thread, then I remembered you NEVER do that:wink::biglaugh:

Nah its ok on my threads sunny,i dont give a .........:wubclub:, no :policeman:on mine,got some good ideas for the marmite queen,thats the main thing:yes:

Guest guest37336
Well Pabs, do you want to know about the Skyhigh lookout in the hills above Melbourne, or something else. I am a cricket fanatic, so being at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Boxing Day is pretty special, especially this year as it's the Ashes - only about 100,000 people in the 'colosseum' on this day, pretty small sporting crowd for Melbourne really.....:laugh:

Ahh, happy memories Olly.

Nothing like a Boxing Day test at the MCG. Last time I was there I was with the Barmy Army (though not a member they are a great laugh).

Had a few and the banter between Aussie and Pommy was electric. After the day finished (badly for the poms) we ALL went down to the local tavern and ripped into each other AGAIN, brilliant night and have still got may Aussie friends from that one day,

Cheers Tony:wink:

Well melb as far as i can remember isnt THAT far away from S.A in aussie terms is it ol?only 37 thousand miles or something,so one day maybe???

But nah,sack the cricket mush!the lookoutsounds ok tho:wubclub:

Yes Pabs, it's about 500 miles driving, so 'just down the road' really:laugh: I drove there one night for something to do when I was about 18, then drove back - I was with my driving instructor at the time and he thought I needed the practise. My mother was none too pleased, especially when he was 32 at the time. My driving improved though I can tell you !!

Yes Pabs, it's about 500 miles driving, so 'just down the road' really:laugh: I drove there one night for something to do when I was about 18, then drove back - I was with my driving instructor at the time and he thought I needed the practise. My mother was none too pleased, especially when he was 32 at the time. My driving improved though I can tell you !!

:wideeyed::shocked:

LOL thanks Olly

Did the flight to Adelaide and road trip to Melbourne

Next Year the plan is Fly to Sydney then Road trip back to Melbourne

so will see all the West of Vic

Have to say I thought we would get to see loads on our trip but by golly there is just

to much to see and do LOL.

I now understand why people retire and get Caravans and take so long to Travel Around OZ

I used to think thats a bit long but I guess you could have a great couple of years stopping

were ever you wanted too if you have the funds that is.

MCG is fab first time was there to see WCE v North Melbourne back in 1999 and it was just amazing although not full but to go to a AFL Grand Final regardless of who is playing would just be an amazing experience I would say

Cheers Elaine:hug:

Guest guest37336

Monkey Mia has to be a place to see. Though a bit too touristy now it is still a pleasure to see the Dolphins at close range.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

:biglaugh: I appreciate it Pablo! Wanted to add to your rep again but I can't.

Your welcome chickx,im as excited about your trip as you are lmao!!!:jiggy:made up for yer,something REALLY worthwhile looking forward to,and probs meet loads of pio'ers too.

Guest guest37336

I think Laney has covered a lot,:notworthy: and my thanks to her, but will ad a few in the hope it will help a bit, maybe a few strange ones but worth a thought.

WA.

Quobba Station and the blowholes.

Perth City at night from Kings Park.

Broome, anytime.

Stromatolite sites at Strelley Pool, Chinaman Creek etc. Some of the earliest life forms on earth.

Wave Rock. Mind the bloody flies though.

Denham. Still a smallish town and really good feel about the place.

Margaret River. Absolutely blissful and a real community feel about it. (DON'T GO IF YOU SUFFERER FROM HAYFEVER THOUGH.

Exmouth Gulf. Awe inspiring.

Coral Bay. Walk about a mile away from the town and you could be the only person on the planet.

ANYWHERE in the Kimberley.

Great Sandy Desert. Again, awe inspiring.

Shark Bay. When the Tiger Sharks are breeding. Take a helicopter trip and see hundreds of them, brilliant.

Carey Downs. Lovely.

QLD.

Daintree.

Whitsunday's.

Cape York. The very tip of Australia. Have a look out to the ocean and try and imagine what the first adventurers saw.

Tablelands (Cairns). Could be in another country. Meadows, etc.

Weipa. Stunning.

Gin Gin. The most immaculate roundabouts I have ever seen, flowers all colours etc.

Palm Cove, anytime.

The Fig Tree. Amazing.

NT.

Darwin, obviously.

Arnhem Land. Stunning, especially in the wet.

Daly Waters. Again, a brilliant feel.

Daly River. Prehistoric and magnificent.

Alice Springs.

Just a few suggestions, way many more. Never enough time or money though.

Good stuff tone:wubclub:,i see your another one who has mentioned flies again tho!

Im like a man possesed when a fly gets in the hse,arms flailing everywhere with me flytwa##er,4 ive got around the hse(just in case:wideeyed:)and me poison spray,did you find them a problem over there mate?ive seen a few posts about flys

Guest guest37336
Good stuff tone:wubclub:,i see your another one who has mentioned flies again tho!

Im like a man possesed when a fly gets in the hse,arms flailing everywhere with me flytwa##er,4 ive got around the hse(just in case:wideeyed:)and me poison spray,did you find them a problem over there mate?ive seen a few posts about flys

To tell you the truth mate, I can't speak for SA to any great degree as only spent a few months there, BUT.

Wave Rock Pablo was meant to be a whole day out. I couldn't spend more than five minutes there because of the bloody flies.:mad:

Seaweed is also a great attraction for them mate. Perth was fairly bad, but only at certain times of the year and the fly screens do help a LOT. They 'seem' to be worse as you leave the major cities etc.

Had a BBQ once in Dongara, WA, and within a few minutes I might as well have been wearing a black T shirt with the amount of flies that landed on me.

In all honesty Pablo it does depend on time of year and location, in the main not a 'real' problem. Comes with the territory mate I reckon, warmer climate etc.

But at the end of the day it really is not that bad. As I said SA may be a little different with its cooler climate, others will know more.

I'll be wearing one of those bee nets to keep all the bugs out of my face lol, can't stand them.....and don't even get me started on my fear of bees....and spiders!

Cpl of things bother me,ive read a fair few posts about flies and cockroaches,now they are two of the most filthy disgusting things that send me into the paranoid room,hopefully its not that bad tho,but i have read a few posts about them.

Snakes etc im not bothered,BUT spiders!nah:wideeyed:dont like them,lol,moreso when im asleep im on about,big mozzie net tucked under the mattress:yes::embarrassed:

Ahh, happy memories Olly.

Nothing like a Boxing Day test at the MCG. Last time I was there I was with the Barmy Army (though not a member they are a great laugh).

Had a few and the banter between Aussie and Pommy was electric. After the day finished (badly for the poms) we ALL went down to the local tavern and ripped into each other AGAIN, brilliant night and have still got may Aussie friends from that one day,

Yes Tony fantastic day as long as it doesn't rain - some friends offered me members tickets, got all excited, went to the members area, and it began raining and never stopped the whole day, middle of summer - Melbourne love it...aaargh! Never saw a ball bowled, Ashes series when Taylor was Captain. Was having a whinge in the members area, just behind me was the cricketers sitting area, and my son tapped me on the shoulder and told me to look around: there he was - our cricket captain, my hero (the deputy PM some say) sitting there, just behind me:swoon:Swoon was the word, my son said how embarrassing I was, like a kid with a candy store. Had to go over and get a photo, so I did. Bugger the rain - Olly went home happy:jiggy:but not one ball of cricket bowled the whole day !

Cpl of things bother me,ive read a fair few posts about flies and cockroaches,now they are two of the most filthy disgusting things that send me into the paranoid room,hopefully its not that bad tho,but i have read a few posts about them.

Snakes etc im not bothered,BUT spiders!nah:wideeyed:dont like them,lol,moreso when im asleep im on about,big mozzie net tucked under the mattress:yes::embarrassed:

We never had cockroaches in Victoria, till they made their way down from Queensland, now I find them sometimes in my house and they get the No 8 boot up their clacker...:laugh:

Guest guest37336

Hi mate.

I used to know a fella by the name of Garth who worked on a station in Karratha. At night he would make sure that there were at least half a dozen Huntsmans in and around his bed so that they would eat the mozzies and flies.

I tell you what, it took some getting used to when I stayed up there. Having to share your bed with several members of the arachnid species is a 'different' feel, but very few mozzie or insect bites though.

If you guys had insect screens on your houses, you wouldn't get insects in there as much, took me a few years to explain that to my english family !!! Screens on the windows and screens on the front doorstep, absolutely necessary in Aussie summer. And the other thing was "shut the windows" it keeps the heat from coming in, but english relatives said "no open the windows and it lets the heat out". Very funny ! Never won that argument with old Auntie Pat.....

Archived