Anyone had anybody view there house over the summer holidays ???

The Butlers

Hi All

We put our house on the market 4 weeks ago and haven't had a single viewing !!!

The agent says they have only had 1 person view out of the 20 houses they have on the market, it will pick up when the chidren go back to school !!!

Just wondering if this is the case for most people.

Look forward to hearing from all those who have there house up for sale !!!

Emma And Gang

Guest stockies

Unfortunately we have two properties for sale in the UK, One has tenents in and the other is empty . The one thats empty has had 1 viewing since it went up for sale in May. Things are still very slow over there. All we can do is wait .............Its a pity no one whos moving back to the UK wants a house......!!

Hi Emma,

We've had the house on the market for 10 weeks, and had 6 viewers in that time. The last was on Saturday just passed, and before that, was 2 viewers a fortnight before that. So yes, we had viewers during the hols. The EA reckons it was pretty dead at her office last week but is picking up this week with lots of phone calls and another person has taken our brochure to look at it.

I feel quite frustrated as I'd like to out in November, but as they reckon our house is priced correctly, it shouldnt take long to sell, just need that one person with funding in place, as most of the viewers so far havent sold their property.

Good luck

Shaz

Unfortunately we have two properties for sale in the UK, One has tenents in and the other is empty . The one thats empty has had 1 viewing since it went up for sale in May. Things are still very slow over there. All we can do is wait .............Its a pity no one whos moving back to the UK wants a house......!!

Thanks for letting me know and that's not a bad idea selling to someone looking at coming back !

Lucky you being over there already !

Good luck x

Emma and Gang

There's quite a bit of a difference at the moment between UK and Australia. We are trying to sell in the UK where lots of people are struggling to get the finance in place, needing large deposits which some first time buyers simply do not have.

Hi Emma,

We've had the house on the market for 10 weeks, and had 6 viewers in that time. The last was on Saturday just passed, and before that, was 2 viewers a fortnight before that. So yes, we had viewers during the hols. The EA reckons it was pretty dead at her office last week but is picking up this week with lots of phone calls and another person has taken our brochure to look at it.

I feel quite frustrated as I'd like to out in November, but as they reckon our house is priced correctly, it shouldnt take long to sell, just need that one person with funding in place, as most of the viewers so far havent sold their property.

Good luck

Shaz

Thanks Shaz

Seems like we are on same boat !

Getting visa in March, validating visa and now waitig for someone to buy the house !

Thought it was hard waiting for visa as we waited 2 years the not knowing was awful ! So when they came it was finaly happening !

But once you go to validate your visa you just don't want to come back as you can finally live life rather than living in limbo !

Good luck really hope you get that 1 viewer who has the money to buy your house !

Emma and Gang

Guest chris955

That's not the case up here, some places sell quite quickly but my brothers place has been for sale for about 10 months now and one not far from us had an 'Under Contract' sign go up after about a year on the market. They seem to sell quickly where we are, maybe 3 months or so which of course is slow compared to what it was like even 2 years ago.

I dare say it is similar in the UK where some areas are selling quickly and others take forever.

Wow , i cannot beleive that, if a house goes up for sale in Melbourne where i am, they have so many viewers the house will sell in about 1-2 weeks. The differance is incredable. Good luck to you, i hope you all sell soon.

Guest JK2510

Hi,

I think the housing Market is on the downturn. Mortgage approvals have dropped as well as house prices.

We sold our house in a few weeks and will be moving out next month and into rented awaiting that magic word- visa.

Guest Sebbers
Thanks Shaz

Seems like we are on same boat !

Getting visa in March, validating visa and now waitig for someone to buy the house !

Thought it was hard waiting for visa as we waited 2 years the not knowing was awful ! So when they came it was finaly happening !

But once you go to validate your visa you just don't want to come back as you can finally live life rather than living in limbo !

Good luck really hope you get that 1 viewer who has the money to buy your house !

Emma and Gang

Looks like were all in the same boat Emma, I'm so frustrated with the lack of interest in our house, 1 viewing in 12 months! Just about half-way through the re-painting now, was supposed to have the new agent round today but have re-arranged for next week as were not finished. Hoping that the new agent can generate more interest after the latest price reduction and the fact it's had a re-vamp - I need a buyer to get me outta here!!!!!

Andrea

We have only just put ours on the market, 2 days ago and nothing yet. Very different from when we sold our last place 3 years ago - we had viewings on a daily basis and often more than one a day, we took lots of offers, all over the 'offers over' asking price and accepted one within 3 weeks. I get the feeling this time we will be lucky if we get a single viewing before Xmas.

Luckily (but also unluckily) our visa is still a long way off so we have the time to sit it out, and when the visa comes through we can think about lowering the price to get people through the door.

Good Luck with your house sales every one.

Guest Jo and Dave

We sold our house 2 weeks ago for 2k below the asking price. :biggrin:

Was on the market 12 weeks and we had 16 viewings. 4 of those were in the 1st week.

Looks like were all in the same boat Emma, I'm so frustrated with the lack of interest in our house, 1 viewing in 12 months! Just about half-way through the re-painting now, was supposed to have the new agent round today but have re-arranged for next week as were not finished. Hoping that the new agent can generate more interest after the latest price reduction and the fact it's had a re-vamp - I need a buyer to get me outta here!!!!!

Andrea

Keep that painting up Andrea !

Fingers crossed the new agent gets you that 1 buyer !

Em and Gang

We have only just put ours on the market, 2 days ago and nothing yet. Very different from when we sold our last place 3 years ago - we had viewings on a daily basis and often more than one a day, we took lots of offers, all over the 'offers over' asking price and accepted one within 3 weeks. I get the feeling this time we will be lucky if we get a single viewing before Xmas.

Luckily (but also unluckily) our visa is still a long way off so we have the time to sit it out, and when the visa comes through we can think about lowering the price to get people through the door.

Good Luck with your house sales every one.

Only 2 days ago so everything is still lovey andf tidy and clean !

Good luck and keep positive !

Emma and gang

We sold our house 2 weeks ago for 2k below the asking price. :biggrin:

Was on the market 12 weeks and we had 16 viewings. 4 of those were in the 1st week.

Congratulaion on selling your house ! Lucky sods !

Thanks for letting us know they are selling that's good news for us all.

Emma and Gang

We had our house up for sale 6 weeks and accepted an offer on 28th July. Had 1st viewer within one week of going up for sale, then 2 more wanted to view but hadnt sold their house. Hoping to exchange in the next couple of weeks.

Now we desperately need to find a rental as the children want last xmas in UK so hope to be in WA in Jan.

Good luck to all selling!

Sharon

Archived