RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Hi everyone.

I finally got my RSMS visa granted on 7th May.

It was very unusually quick, only took 3.5 weeks after lodging. I

just want to share my timeline and encourage all who is waiting for their visa.

RCB Lodged : 25th Mar 2013

RCB approved : 27th Mar 2013

Visa lodged(DR) : 11th APRL 2013

visa granted : 7th May 2013

Mine was DR in paramatta. and the occupation is Landscape Gardener in Townsville QLD.

didnt even get noticed about CO and Nomination approved. just visa Granted streight away.

Good luck for all

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys

Granted 857 today (Accountant) Melbourne

Lodged 29/06/12

Nomination approved 9/02/13

Granted today 9/05/13

Thanks all for sharing your info with other.

Good Luck to you guys...Hope to hear good news from you as well..very soon.............

Hi Guys Granted 857 today (Accountant) Melbourne Lodged 29/06/12 Nomination approved 9/02/13 Granted today 9/05/13 Thanks all for sharing your info with other. Good Luck to you guys...Hope to hear good news from you as well..very soon.............
Congrats Jasvir and jaysen best of luck for future..

It's looks melborne centre is allocation June months files and taking first low risk country and then hi fi occupation files an then ready decision then all files that's my brain think..hope get something this months if help little bit.. Pls prey for me lodge 13 June rdc checks expire on Tuesday :(

Hi everyone,

My MA has just notified me that a case officer has been allocated to my nomination!! Status still shows "Application received" ... hasn't changed to "In progress". Wish me luck!! :)

Here is my timeline:

Melbourne PSE centre

Nomination lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

RSMS (187) Direct Entry Non Decision Ready visa lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid nomination received - 12 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid visa application received - 12 September 2012

Bridging visa granted - 12 September 2012

Nomination lodged with RCB - 10 October 2012

Nomination approved by RCB - 13 November 2012

Case Officer allocated - 9 May 2013

2 days short of 8 months since lodgement!

Hi everyone,

My MA has just notified me that a case officer has been allocated to my nomination!! Status still shows "Application received" ... hasn't changed to "In progress". Wish me luck!! :)

Here is my timeline:

Melbourne PSE centre

Nomination lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

RSMS (187) Direct Entry Non Decision Ready visa lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid nomination received - 12 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid visa application received - 12 September 2012

Bridging visa granted - 12 September 2012

Nomination lodged with RCB - 10 October 2012

Nomination approved by RCB - 13 November 2012

Case Officer allocated - 9 May 2013

2 days short of 8 months since lodgement!

hi sonic blue congrats can pls tell me what accupation it's low risk file

It's looks melborne centre is allocation June months files and taking first low risk country and then hi fi occupation files an then ready decision then all files that's my brain think..hope get something this months if help little bit.. Pls prey for me lodge 13 June rdc checks expire on Tuesday :(

Hi Alvin

Do not worry..First of all my all checks were expired, they do not ask for new ones but medicals unless you travel oversea within that waiting periods.

Other is mine was not decision ready...

I will pray for all of you....Good Luck

My one already expire medical and AFP. But today I got afp and medical and going to send to my MA . So don't worry alvin we are in same boat . Just applynew one you will get within a week . And hope we will get gud news this month thanx

Hi Everybody,

I am from India pursuing Master of Information Systems from Melbourne and working part time at service station where I met a Businessman, who is ready to sponsor (RSMS visa subclass 187) me as he has got three service stations in Tasmania (Hobart), and about my qualification I did Diploma in Business Management from India and then after worked as Associate Duty Manager for three years and with this did bachelor of Science from an evening college and now pursuing Masters as said above with IELTS score overall 6.5 not less than 6.0 in any.

So could any one please help me with information regarding any other paper work required and what will be my position at service station i.e, Customer Service Manager or Business Manager or Store Manager ?

Thanks in advance.

It certainly won't be customers services manager, that means managing a team of customer services staff.

Have a google of the numbers which come with the other job titles are they will list which immigration counts as that jobs responsibilities.

Thanks Jasvir or sneh for advice

jasvir I didnt travel overseas yet so that mean I don't have to do again medical and police cheak I think at least they to bear my file is rdc file I lodge my file with everything so mean it is not fault it's themselves faul.if they r ask for new one that mean they r **** I m on 12 month even no co yet:(now this time really mentally depress me a lot .

Thanks Jasvir or sneh for advice

jasvir I didnt travel overseas yet so that mean I don't have to do again medical and police cheak I think at least they to bear my file is rdc file I lodge my file with everything so mean it is not fault it's themselves faul.if they r ask for new one that mean they r **** I m on 12 month even no co yet:(now this time really mentally depress me a lot .

It seems to depen on the co. I have had to redo medicals and police checks for my 485 when I waited 18 months.

​For the rsms only police checks had expired. As I hadn't left the country I only had to redo Australian ones.

hi everyone, finally got visa grant this evening...:biggrin: visa 857, Melbourne centre, high risk, non DRC... applied on 12 june 2012... many thanks for important information on this forum specially blossom79, RBP, move2... thanks everyone... hope you all get good news soon... cheers

Anyone here similar with my case. A 457visa holder with +2yrs stay, nomination lodged pre July 2012 and lodged 187 under direct entry stream? I am in trouble...

I am advised to withdraw my application because I didn't have a recent IELTS certificate and therefore do not meet the English language requirement. I am under a 457visa since Sept 2009, engineer and I took IELTS June 2009 which I attached in my application, just an evidence that I am competent in english before I came to Australia. The CO's argument is that my IELTS certificate has lapsed and I should withdraw my application and take IELTS first then apply again!

Is there anyone here similar to my case?

Anyone here similar with my case. A 457visa holder with +2yrs stay, nomination lodged pre July 2012 and lodged 187 under direct entry stream? I am in trouble...

I am advised to withdraw my application because I didn't have a recent IELTS certificate and therefore do not meet the English language requirement. I am under a 457visa since Sept 2009, engineer and I took IELTS June 2009 which I attached in my application, just an evidence that I am competent in english before I came to Australia. The CO's argument is that my IELTS certificate has lapsed and I should withdraw my application and take IELTS first then apply again!

You have to meet all conditions at the time of application. You have no choice but to do as your co says, do your ielts again, and then apply again. There is no point carrying on, you will be refused, and taking it to the tribunal would be useless as you didn't meet the criteria.

I'm guessing you didn't use an agent as they should have picked up on your expired ielts before you applied.

Hi Blossom,

I'm actually thinking of appealing my case on Monday but the looks of it seems like a lost cause. =x

I guess they are by the book nowadays, no if's or but's. I lodged myself, probably my bad as I didn't dig every single detail and raised questions. When I think about why I didn't look at my circumstances carefully, I remember immi bragged last year that the PR pathway for 457 visa holders will be lots easier on July '12 onwards. Big mistake on my part not to do research! =x

I'll be resetting my timeline soooooooooooooon. =c

You have to meet all conditions at the time of application. You have no choice but to do as your co says, do your ielts again, and then apply again. There is no point carrying on, you will be refused, and taking it to the tribunal would be useless as you didn't meet the criteria.

I'm guessing you didn't use an agent as they should have picked up on your expired ielts before you applied.

Yes, it is ridiculous that an English test would expire, but it does. And everything is by the book so they have no choice. Appealing (the tribunal) is only worth it if you could show you DID have a valid ielts at time of application. :-(

English test expire after three years. It is clearly mentioned in instructional sheet for 187 visa.