RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

​Hi what was your occupation plz share with us thanks

Hi Ramansanju

The occupation I had applied for was 'Business Analyst'. And my employer is the Government...Also, I am a NZ citizen, so technically I can work in OZ without a PR......So all these might have been reasons to finish my case quickly.....

Cheers

kkk666

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done! Nice to know too that they are still working extra days to get visas issued. :-)

Hi Blossom79

Yes, looks like they are working on holidays too. I think they are under lot of pressure to visas processed. I also think they may want to get some quick and easy ones out of the way so that their numbers look good. And for the ones which have crossed the service agreement, they cant do much because they have defaulted them anyway....

Cheers

kkk666

Just got my PR!!!

My timeline is as follows

Non DR application from Melbourne PSE

Employer nomination submitted: 6 Dec 2012

Application submitted: 23 Dec 2012

Nomination approval : 3 April 2013

PR granted : 25 April 2013 That's on Anzac day !!!!

Total time taken 4 months and 2 days!!!!

So some movement from MEL after all....

I wish you all the very best and hope you all hear some good news soon....I must admit my case beats all odds and I wish the various PSEs start issuing out visas at in this timeline for all. I think it will happen soon. I got a lot from information and support from reading this blog. It is a good forum to air your views and problems. It makes you feel that you are not alone......

Cheers to all

Congrats.

Hi everyone

New to this forum. Nice to see sharing info to lessen the stress of one another.

I applied 857 RSMS (pre July 29 June 2012). Accountant (Melbourne). Nomination approved in Feb 2013. Just question, DIAC requested for medicals on 9/02/2013 and my MA did not pass it to us and I was still waiting for request for medicals. On 18/04/13 I requested MA to get updates from DIAC and he got replied from CO "Medicals are not done yet". Then MA found email (from DIAC requesting medicals in 28 days from receipt of email) in his system and realized that it is more than 2.5 months and 28 days passed. He told me that CO will give us extra time. He wrote to CO that we are arranging medicals but he did anything back...In the meantime, I booked for medicals and sent the case no directly to Case officer because I can trust on my agent any more. Do you think would be problem? Any body came across this issue before? Thanks

Hi everyone

New to this forum. Nice to see sharing info to lessen the stress of one another.

I applied 857 RSMS (pre July 29 June 2012). Accountant (Melbourne). Nomination approved in Feb 2013. Just question, DIAC requested for medicals on 9/02/2013 and my MA did not pass it to us and I was still waiting for request for medicals. On 18/04/13 I requested MA to get updates from DIAC and he got replied from CO "Medicals are not done yet". Then MA found email (from DIAC requesting medicals in 28 days from receipt of email) in his system and realized that it is more than 2.5 months and 28 days passed. He told me that CO will give us extra time. He wrote to CO that we are arranging medicals but he did anything back...In the meantime, I booked for medicals and sent the case no directly to Case officer because I can trust on my agent any more. Do you think would be problem? Any body came across this issue before? Thanks

I think, it is entirely up to the case officer. I can't believe that MA can be such careless. Anyways, hope everything goes in ur favour. Good luck

Thanks Lovepreet. Even I talked to another MA to have a opinion, he said it should be okay as medicals can take long. But my concern was after CO sent that email neither me nor my agent communicated with her. Anyway I have booked next week to get medicals done. Thanks again for a hope.

Thanks Lovepreet. Even I talked to another MA to have a opinion, he said it should be okay as medicals can take long. But my concern was after CO sent that email neither me nor my agent communicated with her. Anyway I have booked next week to get medicals done. Thanks again for a hope.[/

well, one of my frd applied for pr last year and case officer requested some extra document but his agent didn't reply back to CO However, CO contacted directly to my friend to let him know that he hasn't heard anything back yet. So my friend contacted his MA and told him that CO hasn't received the required documents. His MA sent all the documents in half an hour and he got visa granted next day.

Edited by Lovepreet

MTR Please post the clarification from your MA for others. I am still confused after reading all the posts. Last year one person told me about the same situation. I told him if in doubt go for 119 not 857, no harm except travel out of country. But to my surprise his MA said he is eligible for 857. I even spoken to MA and requested please do 119 not 857. MA advised me he knows but he is doing and I am still worried for that person. He have same situation like CC2. ​BEST OF LUCK

Checked with my agent this morning,he told me that if student FINISHED his/her course and still left with some student visa, should apply for RSMS onshore.Student dependent visa holder do not need to complete any qualification in Australia, this is because Primary applicant has to fulfil the requirement.

secondary applicant only need to proof language skills or pay extra DIAC FEE if cannot obtain 4.5 in IELTS (Pre-july 2012 applications.)

MA also told me that DIAC perth now processing very fast and they are receiving lots of replies for JUNE applications so it should be soon.

Checked with my agent this morning,he told me that if student FINISHED his/her course and still left with some student visa, should apply for RSMS onshore.Student dependent visa holder do not need to complete any qualification in Australia, this is because Primary applicant has to fulfil the requirement.

secondary applicant only need to proof language skills or pay extra DIAC FEE if cannot obtain 4.5 in IELTS (Pre-july 2012 applications.)

MA also told me that DIAC perth now processing very fast and they are receiving lots of replies for JUNE applications so it should be soon.

Yes, that makes sense, but doesn't answer the question of if the secondary applicant on the student visa becomes the primary applicant on the rsms visa, so has not personally completed any course. My interpretation was that they can turn you down as the main applicant as you never completed the course.

Checked with my agent this morning,he told me that if student FINISHED his/her course and still left with some student visa, should apply for RSMS onshore.Student dependent visa holder do not need to complete any qualification in Australia, this is because Primary applicant has to fulfil the requirement. secondary applicant only need to proof language skills or pay extra DIAC FEE if cannot obtain 4.5 in IELTS (Pre-july 2012 applications.) MA also told me that DIAC perth now processing very fast and they are receiving lots of replies for JUNE applications so it should be soon.
Yes, that makes sense, but doesn't answer the question of if the secondary applicant on the student visa becomes the primary applicant on the rsms visa, so has not personally completed any course. My interpretation was that they can turn you down as the main applicant as you never completed the course.

Person on student dependent visa cannot become primary applicant ONSHORE, student and dependent both has to be offshore for application lodgement and once its done they can come back, but in that case Student dependent must fulful all the criteria as a primary applicant.

Person on student dependent visa cannot become primary applicant ONSHORE, student and dependent both has to be offshore for application lodgement and once its done they can come back, but in that case Student dependent must fulful all the criteria as a primary applicant.

Yes, this is correct. Also confirmed by an agent I spoke with this morning.

Yes, this is correct. Also confirmed by an agent I spoke with this morning.

​RSMS 119 offshore pre July can be applied while in Australia or out, only problem was you have to be out of country at the time of issue ( Diac issue you pre grant to go out)

But lot of people suffered due to lack of knowledge/ignorance among DIAC info/clarity and agents.

​The real question from this discussion,

Did principal applicant for 857 visa on student dependent visa have to complete same course as applicable for spouse (original student visa holder) for eligibility?

if no answer , new 187 and earlier mess is gone at this time after lot of pain.

​RSMS 119 offshore pre July can be applied while in Australia or out, only problem was you have to be out of country at the time of issue ( Diac issue you pre grant to go out)

But lot of people suffered due to lack of knowledge/ignorance among DIAC info/clarity and agents.

Did principal applicant for 857 visa on student dependent visa have to complete same course as applicable for spouse (original student visa holder) for eligibility?

Yes, student visa is only considered a qualifying visa for 857 for the one who completed the course. I could have applied for the 119 which did not require a qualifying visa.

My understanding it that with the new 187, all this onshore/offshore/qualifying visa nonsense is irrelevant. If my approved nomination is still valid, I could potentially apply now through direct entry 187.

Yes, student visa is only considered a qualifying visa for 857 for the one who completed the course. I could have applied for the 119 which did not require a qualifying visa.

My understanding it that with the new 187, all this onshore/offshore/qualifying visa nonsense is irrelevant. If my approved nomination is still valid, I could potentially apply now through direct entry 187.

CC23

Nomination is valid for six months after day of approval or expiry of your current visa.

So you are OK, Go for 187.

​Thanks

Edited by Move2

Hello everone after nearly 10 months my file got assigned to a case officer. Plz guys pray to god for me. After 6 years of struggle i am looking forward to become a australian resident. Here is my timed

frame

applied 119 on june 31

acknowledgement after abt a month

rcb approved 8th of july

case officer 24/4/13 req some business documents to employer.

plz guys even for a sec but do pray for me. I wish everyone good luck. I will update u guys soon. Cheers

Hello everone after nearly 10 months my file got assigned to a case officer. Plz guys pray to god for me. After 6 years of struggle i am looking forward to become a australian resident. Here is my timed

frame

applied 119 on june 31

acknowledgement after abt a month

rcb approved 8th of july

case officer 24/4/13 req some business documents to employer.

plz guys even for a sec but do pray for me. I wish everyone good luck. I will update u guys soon. Cheers

All the very best, with the grace of God you will hear the good news soon. Good luck

Is it true true if you are on mrt before july you can apply 119 (offshore) without country out ( in australia)?

My employer opened a restaurant in june and sponsored me and one other guy. and later on employer said the other guy's application declared invalid as he applied offshore file 119 while staying in australia. it was said he was on mrt.

Is it true true if you are on mrt before july you can apply 119 (offshore) without country out ( in australia)?

My employer opened a restaurant in june and sponsored me and one other guy. and later on employer said the other guy's application declared invalid as he applied offshore file 119 while staying in australia. it was said he was on mrt.

Not as far as I know. The whole point of the 119 was that you didn't need to be on a qualifying visa or in the country. Many people have just been told the visa is ready to be approved and then left the country for visa grant.

I'm not aware of anything saying you can't apply for another visa after having gone to the mrt.

See if you can find out the immigration act point which they were refused. They would have been told it.

Not as far as I know. The whole point of the 119 was that you didn't need to be on a qualifying visa or in the country. Many people have just been told the visa is ready to be approved and then left the country for visa grant.

I'm not aware of anything saying you can't apply for another visa after having gone to the mrt.

See if you can find out the immigration act point which they were refused. They would have been told it.

I agree with blossom79 as one of my frd was on mrt so he applied 119 and got his pr granted.

Edited by noworriesmate

I agree with blossom79 as one of my frd was on mrt so he applied 119 and got his pr granted.

So it was the plan of that guy and my owner. they just pretended that his file was invalid and they made me work alone for 10 months (no s....y) May be he paid huge amount to the owner he works in the city cash in hand. f..king employers (indian) who take advantages of DIAC rules and our condition.

thanks for reply.

So it was the plan of that guy and my owner. they just pretended that his file was invalid and they made me work alone for 10 months (no s....y) May be he paid huge amount to the owner he works in the city cash in hand. f..king employers (indian) who take advantages of DIAC rules and our condition.

thanks for reply.

Why would they do that? Often people misunderstand the in's and out's. Maybe they just misunderstood the refusal?