RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Guest AnnaStu

Does anyone know what kind of further documents or information they could ask for once you had your CO allocated? We are going to southeast asia until we get our visa and we will leave in about 3 weeks.hopefully it will be granted by then but just in case what document do u think i should prepare to take with me other then form 80???

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know what kind of further documents or information they could ask for once you had your CO allocated? We are going to southeast asia until we get our visa and we will leave in about 3 weeks.hopefully it will be granted by then but just in case what document do u think i should prepare to take with me other then form 80???

we were asked for form 80's and a form 1229 (consent to grant an australian visa to an under 18).

It could be anything as i dont think they check your uploaded documents until the co is appointed, is your case straightforward?

Guest vickydatious

i cant think of any others? as long as they alreday have your police checks, meds that should be it.

Guest AnnaStu
we were asked for form 80's and a form 1229 (consent to grant an australian visa to an under 18).

It could be anything as i dont think they check your uploaded documents until the co is appointed, is your case straightforward?

I should think its pretty straightforward as we´ve got no kids and we have no medical conditions or criminal history.I´ve heard others saying they asked for bank statements but i assume that depends on what kind of visa you are applying for.thanks for your quick reply.

Guest AnnaStu
i cant think of any others? as long as they alreday have your police checks, meds that should be it.

yes our application was frontloaded with meds and police checks so thats sorted.i cant think of anything else really...

Guest Rangerider33
yes our application was frontloaded with meds and police checks so thats sorted.i cant think of anything else really...

I got a request for form 80 and now the CO officer said that It is decision ready. Have a good look at form 80 though as it takes ages to fill out and make all the dates match each other!

Hello,

I'm new to PomsinOz,

I am currently awaiting a response for my application for an employer sponsored visa (lodged at Melbourne DIAC) and wondered if anyone might be able to give me some friendly advice?.

So far In the process - lodged stage 2 of application at beginning of Nov 2010. The following has happened.

1. My prospective employer applied to the region and received notification that the application was valid, at which point I was able to submit my application.

2. Shortly after I received an email to say my application has been received.

At this stage (Jan 17th 2011) neither my employer or myself have heard anything else. Can anyone say how long it took for them to get a case worker?. I realize I am still only mid way through the process (i think...hope!). I had thought of trying to contact the DIAC centre in Melbourne, but I seem to get the impression that without a case worker this would not be a wise move (am I correct in thinking this way.)

Any thoughts on this process would be much appreciated.

Regards

Paul

When did you lodge your nomination and when you got it approved? My nomination was lodged on 10.9.2010, no word from Melbourne, only got this from DIAC

"We are currently processing application which were lodged in August 2010."

Thanks Lama

Thanks for reply Lama,

I received an email to confirm my application is being processed on the 25th Nov 2010. Have you been allocated a caseworker yet?....or have you been waiting the same since your confirmation that your application is being processed.

Paul

Thanks for reply Lama,

I received an email to confirm my application is being processed on the 25th Nov 2010. Have you been allocated a caseworker yet?....or have you been waiting the same since your confirmation that your application is being processed.

Paul

I did not lodge my application yet, still waiting for approval of the nomination first!! I don't know about you.

Thanks Lama

Guest Rangerider33

Hi Guys,

Just to let you now that I found out that my nomination had been refused on Thursday.

Not sure what the plan from here is... still looking into it

Guest Sunshinefreedom
Hi Guys,

Just to let you now that I found out that my nomination had been refused on Thursday.

Oh my goodness, Rangerider, I am so sorry to hear that. Did they give you a reason? I really hope that you are able to make a plan or appeal the decision. Keep us posted, my fingers are crossed for you, I can't imagine how you are feeling...:sad:

Guest vickydatious
Hi Guys,

sorry to hear that news....u must be sooo p***ed off! So what was there reason?

Hi Guys,

:sad: thats awful rangerider, i hope your employer can get things sorted, i dont really understand how they can refuse after the rcb have already approved it, i thought that was the difference between ens and rsms that the rcb got a say

Guest Rangerider33
:sad: thats awful rangerider, i hope your employer can get things sorted, i dont really understand how they can refuse after the rcb have already approved it, i thought that was the difference between ens and rsms that the rcb got a say

It was mainly because of financials, although the accounts they had were for 2008, we figured they would ask if they needed anything else but apparently there is a new 'secret' rule.

A supervisor informed my migration agent that the DIAC policy has been changed at some point last year (but not publicised) so that applications with all the information (even if old/incomplete/submitted without a Decision Ready Checklist) are assessed and decided without any further information request. This is to facilitate them processing their enormous application backlog as quickly as possible.

They also claimed that there was not a need for the position, but didn't state why. They didn't seem to take the RCB approval in to consideration much, if at all.

An appeal would take over a year and is a complete charade so I am looking at other options right now. It's pretty crap!!!!

Guest AnnaStu
Hi Guys,

omg! thats awful.im sorry to hear that.never thought they would refuse a nomination after the rcb has approved it, i mean what is the point to get it approved by them then!??!

hope there will be other options for u to get out there.

Hi Guys,

Hi Rangerider

What a shock! I am so sorry to hear about the nomination. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that something else turns up.

I, too, am still waiting. Now it seems my CO has gone on leave from 11 Jan to 2 Feb 11, I only found out today from my MIA, so no decision yet and nothing about the medical result either. What next for all of us!

Guest ericanto

Hi Rangerider

Sorry to hear about your nomination. I read in one of your previous posts that you had issues with the RCB in getting through the first stage and that you are being sponsored by a very small company. My situation is quite similar to yours . If you don't mind can you share any further information on the above mentioned issues.

Eric

Guest Rangerider33
Hi Rangerider

Sorry to hear about your nomination. I read in one of your previous posts that you had issues with the RCB in getting through the first stage and that you are being sponsored by a very small company. My situation is quite similar to yours . If you don't mind can you share any further information on the above mentioned issues.

Eric

Hi Eric,

The problem that we had with the RCB was more that they made an administrational error that they then corrected once we pointed it out rather than there being a problem with the occupation itself passing. It would seem that since a lot of the RCB's are under review at present, that Diac doesn't hold their opinion very highly any more and are happy to make their own. It mainly seems that the case officer did not think that the finances would be enough to cover a full time 2 year position, even though I included a projection. My Ma thinks that RSMS in general has got a lot stricter over the last 6 months.

What kind of company is yours and how many employee's?

Guest ericanto

Hi Rangerider

I appreciate your reply despite the circumstances. I work for a telecom company in regional NSW with a total of 8 employees.

In my case the RCB had overlooked my uni qualilifications which then I had to point out was relevant to my job.

Eric

Guest beedaman

Hi,

Just adding my timeline.

Nomination authorized 08 oct 2010 (process time abt 1 week)

Acknowledgement of offshore visa application (AN119): 27 Oct 2010

Now waiting like everyone else. :arghh:

Ps. I see that a few of you mention front loading medicals? I thought that was only possible after contact with case officer.

Rgds

Rob