RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Hi blossom how r u . Two months ago I got CO till date no news not even any documents. what happen to DIAC now first the finish quota now new session start most of people got CO but very less visa they grant.. now I think CO finish there quota .. ... what can I do am going overseas next month. Thanx

Are you on a bridging visa?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Despite my reservations for fear that it may negatively affect my application (and I certainly hope not), I lodged a formal complaint with DIAC one week ago.

I don't regret lodging the complaint as I definitely had grounds to do so. I am sitting at 10 1/2 months since lodgement and 2 1/2 months since my CO was allocated. The visa acknowledgement letter states 5-7 months and the DIAC website states 6 months processing time for a 187 RSMS visa. In my eyes they are over 4 months past their "standard service processing time" which is completely unacceptable. It's not as if it's a couple weeks or a month. This has been such a negative experience and has resulted in a significant amount of stress and frustration :(

DIAC acknowledged my feedback the next day and informed me that I should receive a response to my feedback in 10 working days, so I'm patiently waiting for them to get back to me.

I have no idea if my complaint will make any difference, but I had to try... *sigh*

I will also note that at no point in time did DIAC provide any type of notification that the application would take significantly longer to process... Everything about this has been so unfair...

Edited by SonicBlue82

hi Blossom

Can i again contact to CO for any update. As i did it on 1st of july and got reply that CO has recieved my documents in May what they requested and will have to review the case. this was the first time i had contact since i got CO, So what u reckon its worth to contact coz i am already in 14 mth period. There is no response till now

Cheers

Yes. But why they are not contact me after 2months. I got CO .thanx

There is no way of knowing. Personally, if I were you I would message them saying that you are planning on going overseas and were wondering if you should apply for bridging visa b, or if your visa is likely to be granted by ...... (Whenever it is you go). The perfect opportunity to enquire without looking pushy. :-)

hi Blossom

Can i again contact to CO for any update. As i did it on 1st of july and got reply that CO has recieved my documents in May what they requested and will have to review the case. this was the first time i had contact since i got CO, So what u reckon its worth to contact coz i am already in 14 mth period. There is no response till now

Cheers

I would leave it a bit longer. Hard I know, but I would probably leave at least a month in between emails.

Good luck! I would be very interested in what they come back with. Unfortunately I suspect it will just be fluff. :-(

Just received a response to my complaint this morning. As you suspected, it is mostly fluff.

I'm really not any further off than I was as far as I can tell. They reiterated that the employer nomination must first be approved before the visa application is granted. Something I am already aware of... They confirmed the date that the nomination and visa application were allocated to the case officer. Again, something I am already aware of. They have stated that my application has undergone preliminary assessment, whatever that means...

"If the case officer requires any information regarding your visa application he will contact your appointed migration agent in due course.

As a general processing observation for this visa subclass, a visa application cannot be grant until after the associated nomination has been approved.

We thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconveniences caused."

So yeah ... A lot of good this has done, hey? I have no idea if this bit of commotion with a complaint/enquiry will result in them getting their asses in gear with my application or not. Not likely :(

My employer mentioned the possibility of getting the ombudsman involved. In order to do so, you must first file a complaint with the agency you are having an issue with and if you are unsatisfied with their answer, then you can contact the ombudsman... I don't know if we should go down that road or not...? Why the hell should non-decision ready applicants have to wait 10 - 15 months for their applications to be processed when they are told 5-7 months in the DIAC acknowledgement letter and 6 months processing time on the DIAC website??????

Update my status

28.6.2012 lodge nomination with perth office

23.7.2012 receive acknowledge letter

no response ever since

17.3.2013 Lodge visa application

25.6.2013 case officer request form 80

2.7.2013 sent requested documents

today, case officer replied my mail saying that he is waiting for nomination to be approved and he has requested my nomination case officer for an update of when it likely to make a decision.

Looks like finally the ball is rolling.

Edited by Suzyn

Hi,

I have a few questions about the 187 visa (direct entry).

I have skill assessment but doubt about work expirience.

Does DIAC require the work experience (electrician) assessed by assessing Authority?

If not, what is needed for DIAC to prove the work experience?

How they are strict about this?

I'm from HR country.

Thanks for help

HI,

friend just i want to know is there now any change in RSMS visa r they asking for 2 years experience or not? ya just Ielts 6.0 band in each. please reply me.i am confuse:confused:

Thank you

Yes, it has changed and you now need two years post qualification experience.

Hi,

I have a few questions about the 187 visa (direct entry).

I have skill assessment but doubt about work expirience.

Does DIAC require the work experience (electrician) assessed by assessing Authority?

If not, what is needed for DIAC to prove the work experience?

How they are strict about this?

I'm from HR country.

Thanks for help

As far as I know you do not need to get your work experience assessed. You already have your skills assessment. They will want a list of every job you have had since leaving school. They will also want a copy of your cv. They may or may not ask for more info, but as you have a positive skills assessment you shouldn't need to worry too much (unless you studied in oz and have less than two years experience).

@ sonicblue, that is even less of an explanation than I had expected. Nothing at all about the time frames? I think I would reply to that, I'm angry about that reply on your behalf.

The ombudsman I think I read somewhere could only do something once a decision had been made on your visa, but I may be wrong on that one. Personally I think I would just reply back asking why the timing issue has not been addressed, and that you are well aware of the steps, what you want to know is WHY those steps have not happened yet.

Hi Blossom, need a piece of advice. one of my friends have applied for 187 visa Dec-12, and expecting a CO in a couple of months. He is also getting married soon. So he was wondering if he get's married by the time he gets a CO allocated, would he be able to add his partner to his application. He is offshore at the moment. what will be the possible options for him?

@ sonicblue, that is even less of an explanation than I had expected. Nothing at all about the time frames? I think I would reply to that, I'm angry about that reply on your behalf.

The ombudsman I think I read somewhere could only do something once a decision had been made on your visa, but I may be wrong on that one. Personally I think I would just reply back asking why the timing issue has not been addressed, and that you are well aware of the steps, what you want to know is WHY those steps have not happened yet.

Nothing at all about the timeframes. It was a completely dissatisfying response to my complaint! It really goes to show that they don't take complaints seriously. I simply stated the facts of the situation, informed them of the timesframes that THEY provided and that they are at least 4 months past the timeframe. I specifically said that I look forward to their response detailing what will be actioned to turn this unsatisfactory situation around and asked that they personally follow this through to the end until it is processed, and all I got back was pretty much a canned response saying thanks for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience!

I haven't replied back... I'm not sure if I should. You don't need to wait until a decision is made on the application to get the ombudsman involved though. I've done what I needed to do, which was to lodge a complaint with DIAC to give them an opportunity to resolve the issue. If they don't resolve the issue and I'm still unsatisfied (which I obviously am), then I'm pretty sure I can get the ombudsman to intervene, and I personally believe that that would get some results.

What I've done is I've e-mailed the ombudsman and explained my situation and informed them that I lodged a complaint to DIAC and I'm still unsatisfied with the way they are handling this issue and asked a series of questions - are they able to assist with this matter? What would be the expected outcome and what timeframe are we looking at, etc. So I haven't asked them to get involved at this stage, but just looking for their input so I know whether it is worth getting them involved. So hopefully I'll hear back from them next week.

I did also find some interesting reports... have a look, blossom79.

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/reports/annual/2009-10/html/management-and-accountability/external-scrutiny/commonwealth-and-immigration-ombudsman.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/reports/annual/2010-11/html/management-accountability/external-scrutiny/commonwealth-immigration-ombudsman.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/reports/annual/2011-12/html/management/scrutiny/complaints.htm

All of them detail that the most common causes for such findings were unreasonable delays in visa processing, amongst other things. They also state that a number of complaints were brought to a resolution... so there is a good possibility that getting the ombudsman involved would be beneficial. Thoughts?

I would probably wait maybe a week just to see if there is any movement on my file since I lodged the complaint (yeah right) before asking the ombudsman to step in if I decide to proceed with it and they are willing to assist in the matter...

Hi Blossom, need a piece of advice. one of my friends have applied for 187 visa Dec-12, and expecting a CO in a couple of months. He is also getting married soon. So he was wondering if he get's married by the time he gets a CO allocated, would he be able to add his partner to his application. He is offshore at the moment. what will be the possible options for him?

Sorry, I'm not big on bringing in new partners. Does he have an agent?

Yes, applicant can include spouse if get married before visa decision is made under same fee and application. Let the CO know and provide all the documents relating to change.

He should proceed and save fee and extra wait.

Yes, applicant can include spouse if get married before visa decision is made under same fee and application. Let the CO know and provide all the documents relating to change.

He should proceed and save fee and extra wait.

The fee structure changed in July so you now pay per person on the application, so you may have to pay a fee. Depends if they are applying it to all new applications (and if they count this as a new application or not) or just ones started since July.

Report back on how you go. :-)