Renting around Brisbane....is this true???

B1K3R

Well, today, after doing another evening looking at the expensive £450-500/week little box units near Sydney, or the similarly priced and not too big houses miles and miles away from the city....I said to myself...."Hmmm, let me see what's around Brisbane...."

And I was aaamaazzed!!! Bewilldered and my jaw openned so wide it hurt.....I saw, niceee biiiiig houses, everything looking new and clean, gaaraageee, gaaardeeen, POOOOOOOL....the beach, the beach 15 mins by car....bla bla bla for around $300/$400 per week!!!!???? This was around the North Lakes.

Now, either I am dreaming, or maybe they are all fake, or maybe there is a catch....or or maybe its REAL!??

Is it the latter? If yes, I am heading straight to Brisbane, wont even think it twice....bye bye Sydney. Oh, by the way.....from y research and from talking to some people in the business, I'll get a job as good as Sydney....very simlar wage too..

OK, now I am praying..hoping its the answer I want to hear....

Cheers

B!K3R

Well, today, after doing another evening looking at the expensive £450-500/week little box units near Sydney, or the similarly priced and not too big houses miles and miles away from the city....I said to myself...."Hmmm, let me see what's around Brisbane...."

And I was aaamaazzed!!! Bewilldered and my jaw openned so wide it hurt.....I saw, niceee biiiiig houses, everything looking new and clean, gaaraageee, gaaardeeen, POOOOOOOL....the beach, the beach 15 mins by car....bla bla bla for around $300/$400 per week!!!!???? This was around the North Lakes.

Now, either I am dreaming, or maybe they are all fake, or maybe there is a catch....or or maybe its REAL!??

Is it the latter? If yes, I am heading straight to Brisbane, wont even think it twice....bye bye Sydney. Oh, by the way.....from y research and from talking to some people in the business, I'll get a job as good as Sydney....very simlar wage too..

OK, now I am praying..hoping its the answer I want to hear....

Cheers

B!K3R

North lakes or Little Britain as it is called. Yes there are some around those prices,but be warned, if you want to hear your neighbours carrying on because the houses are crap built, and close together.

I know of one house coming up in Margate which is fairly new, a 2 storey 4 bedroom double garage with great pool and entertaining area for $490 per week.

Great kitchen with gas cooking. 1.5 kms to Margate beach.

Hmmm, then i wasn't dreaming....

OK, then maybe that's the thing. They are close to each other. At least, I think its better than living in a box! :)

So, hows the area there? Any good for families....good schools, safe, parks, shopping centers???

Thanks!

Cheers

B!K3R

Can't believe it! That is it. I decided. I'm off to Brisbane. I did months and months of research on Sydney..nothing like this.....

So, hows the area there (North Lakes etc)? Any good for families....good schools, safe, parks, shopping centers???

Thanks!

Cheers

B!K3R

Hi Biker, I dont know anything about North Lakes, We live in Wynnum which is on the bay, 30 min max to the CBD (not peak hour obviously) Its a great area, good schools, marina, not a great beach though. We rent a 4 bed house with large pool for $580. The houses are close together but we live in a really quiet cul de sac and because of the large palm trees we are not overlooked at all. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Lynne

Can't believe it! That is it. I decided. I'm off to Brisbane. I did months and months of research on Sydney..nothing like this.....

So, hows the area there (North Lakes etc)? Any good for families....good schools, safe, parks, shopping centers???

Thanks!

Cheers

B!K3R

OK for schools, good shopping centre, and expanding, safe parks, well there are a lot of bored kids,and there have been some problems. Maybe someone who lives there can help. Road in and out is a pain at peak times.

I worked on the estate for 3 years, looks OK but it would not be for me.

Lots and lots of Brits there so you would not be short of company.

Have a look at the Bayside area as well - the sort of prices you are talking about would get you something decent. It is a great area for families!!

Love

Rudi

x

I did....and we loved it from what we saw and read! Seems it's for us. Thanks Rudi!

PS: I wrote a long post on this in thee Brissy area :)

Cheers

B!k3R

North lakes or Little Britain as it is called. Yes there are some around those prices,but be warned, if you want to hear your neighbours carrying on because the houses are crap built, and close together.

I know of one house coming up in Margate which is fairly new, a 2 storey 4 bedroom double garage with great pool and entertaining area for $490 per week.

Great kitchen with gas cooking. 1.5 kms to Margate beach.

When is it coming up?

JOHN

When is it coming up?

JOHN

in the next few weeks, a friend of mine who is returning to the UK for personal reasons is going to break his lease. The agent is being told by tomorrow he is leaving.

Hope to get the packers in next week. Let me know if interested & I will give you details.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!

Cheers

B!K3R

Hi there,

We've been in Mango Hill/North Lakes for the past 5 years and wouldn't live anywhere else. The area has everything I could want and I've never felt safer. The area is new houses, and the houses at the front of the NL estate are bigger plots than the newer ones down the back - as the area gets more popular, they just cut the blocks smaller. We built our house 4 years ago on Halpine Lake at Mango Hill , and I love it, it's very well built and is a haven of peace and serenity - we back onto a nature reserve and get all the tropical birds in the garden. North Lakes has a large and modern Westfield Shopping centre, with plans for further expansion to inc. Cinema and Bowling, wide choice of private and state schools, very family friendly, and lots of parks, walkways/cycle paths, lakes, beautiful landscaping. Soccer team for kids of all ages, keep fit in the park, Market in the Park on a Sunday, outdoor movies (free of charge) in the summer in the Park. Right on the main highway 25 mins to city (non rush hour of course), 25 to airport and 45 to start of the Sunshine Coast. I wouldn't live anywhere else!

Cheers

Fran

Hi there,

We've been in Mango Hill/North Lakes for the past 5 years and wouldn't live anywhere else. The area has everything I could want and I've never felt safer - many occasions have left door unlocked by accident - have never used my burglar alarm - don't feel the need! The area is new houses, and the houses at the front of the NL estate are bigger plots than the newer ones down the back - as the area gets more popular, they just cut the blocks smaller. We built our house 4 years ago on Halpine Lake at Mango Hill , and I love it, it's very well built and is a haven of peace and serenity - we back onto a nature reserve and get all the tropical birds in the garden. North Lakes has a large and modern Westfield Shopping centre, with plans for further expansion to inc. Cinema and Bowling, wide choice of private and state schools, very family friendly, and lots of parks, walkways/cycle paths, lakes, beautiful landscaping. Soccer team for kids of all ages, keep fit in the park, Market in the Park on a Sunday, outdoor movies (free of charge) in the summer in the Park. Right on the main highway 25 mins to city (non rush hour of course), 25 to airport and 45 to start of the Sunshine Coast. I wouldn't live anywhere else!

Cheers

Fran

Thanks Fran for your post! It surely seems nice. I have also checked Headstart Homestay and it seems a very good option for short stay.

We have decided to settle in Cleveland for starters. Wish I can find something like yours down there!

Cheers

B!K3R

Thanks Fran for your post! It surely seems nice. I have also checked Headstart Homestay and it seems a very good option for short stay.

We have decided to settle in Cleveland for starters. Wish I can find something like yours down there!

Cheers

B!K3R

No worries, i hope everything works out for you, if not you know where we are.

All the best.

Francine

Guest 3 kids and a cat

We are moving down from Mackay to Cleveland on 3 Oct, need to find a 4 bedroom rental. Have 3 boys 15, 10 and 5. Have enrolled them at Cleveland High and Cleveland state school. Any advice? ... also need a soccer club for the 15 year old :) My husband is doing the train commute to the city .... anyone doing that ??

in the next few weeks, a friend of mine who is returning to the UK for personal reasons is going to break his lease. The agent is being told by tomorrow he is leaving.

Hope to get the packers in next week. Let me know if interested & I will give you details.

Sorry. Just seen this. When is it available?

JOHN

Archived