Nurse AHPRA re-registration???

mr luvpants

Im not a nurse but I do have to register with AHPRA before I can move with a 457.

I emailed them regarding a few issues with the form and have yet to get a reply. My employer has called them and been told they are snowed under since the nation registration took over.

It seems they are understaffed, undertrained and causing loads of hold ups.

Good luck.

AHPRA is a joke, I've been trying to chase up applications that a few of our doctors have made and you just get transferred to a call centre where they are totally clueless.

Its a crazy scenario.

Guest Shane&Lynn

New nursing registration

can anyone help? I had applied to the Queensland nursing council for registration as a midwife on the 2nd june but then on the 12 july I got a letter from AHPRA saying that I have to reapply to them. after phone calls and LOTS of engaged tones! I was told Ithat they will get my paperwork from QNC but I still needed to do a new application to AHPRA. I need to get my signature witnessed but can't find out who I need to do this. I can't get through to them on the phone either despite hours on the redial button. can anyone help?

lynn

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi john as far as i am aware you dont need to do anything and AHPRA will get in touch when next registration is due.I checked on thier system and found that I was registered on thier site ( even though i got registration with queensland) i believe this is all you need to get employment as a registered nurse as the employer will check your pin number is registered with AHPRA.

Hi john as far as i am aware you dont need to do anything and AHPRA will get in touch when next registration is due.I checked on thier system and found that I was registered on thier site ( even though i got registration with queensland) i believe this is all you need to get employment as a registered nurse as the employer will check your pin number is registered with AHPRA.

I checked and Lisa is not registered on their site. But we definitely have Queensland registration that ends next year so can only assume that we have not been updated yet?

JOHN

Guest chihiro

you need to have your signature witnessed by a justice of peace person.

Some shopping center have one on certain day.

Guest smileykylie

If only it were that easy - my registration is due on saturday and i have received nothing.

I can get an online password from them (after waiting on hold for hours) but I am not sure about my registration as I am not currently practising and therefore do not meet current 'recency of practice' rules but cannot get a straight answer from AHPRA regarding this. They have put me through to the NSW section but nobody has got back to me so am going to ring again tomorrow. Tried to ring the NSW section myself but just goes to the AHPRA number :arghh:

They also say on their website you can register as 'not currently practicing' but then when you speak to them they say 'we don't have forms for this yet'.

I am going to do a refresher next year (when I can save the $3000 needed to do it) but you need to remain registered to do this. It really is a bit of a mess.

• 2 months later...

Archived